Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Morning shinies ;)

My PO box is turning into the 12 days of vapemail :blush:

View attachment 986181
    These came from Aliexpress, shipping time of 15 days.
    How has your experience at aliexpress been? How's their customer service? Product quality? I fear this is who I may end up replacing FT with. I've just heard a lot of iffy things about product reliability/quality.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised by the VVC coils that came with the AIO.5 that I received for review. The .3 ohm coil has been a good fit for me at 36 watts.
    Neither of the VVC coils last very long for me. You'll have to let us know if you're getting more than like 500-600 puffs from them.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I totally agree Tor.

In the Are you done stocking up thread UJ posted this: "Over the past few weeks, I've read a few posts on the FT forum & Reddit of people saying that other Chinese sites are charging (quite heftily) for the Chinese govt taxes."

So other Chinese sites are already charging their customers for those taxes.
    I just made a few sizeable purchases at FT (I just realized I had a $34 gift card I never used...), Sourcemore, HealthCabin, and Vapesourcing about a month ago. Nothing felt like it was more expensive than normal, and certainly not heftily.

It makes me wonder if a lot of the people complaining about the prices are new purchasers from Chinese vendors that aren't used to their shipping costs.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    How has your experience at aliexpress been? How's their customer service? Product quality? I fear this is who I may end up replacing FT with. I've just heard a lot of iffy things about product reliability/quality.
    I thought Aliexpress wouldn’t sell to US customers?
    Neither of the VVC coils last very long for me. You'll have to let us know if you're getting more than like 500-600 puffs from them.
    I had about 400 puffs on the .3 coil when I switched it out for the .6 coil.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Weird couple of days for me...

2 days with the order ready for the gear needed for my youtube videos and i couldn't bring myself to just click on it.
    Clicking on accept kinda makes it real,know what i mean?

Well anyway,went ahead just like 2 minutes ago so no going back:

FINALLY DID IT!!.JPG

I know its not vaping apparatus perse for the shiny thread but more like vaping adjacent hehe.

Intro is done,watched a whole bunch of guides on how to adjust the video of the smartphone,edit videos for sound and video and i did some try outs and the lightning looks good in my room.

I'm hoping that in a week or so i will be able to post my first video,lets see how it goes.

Will have to probably buy something for my review cause i got nothing coming my way for review purposes so i will look around and see what i get for my first review.
    Maybe i will use the Centaurus M200,didn't get it for review purposes but since i bought it and its pretty new it might be a good choice for my first review,you know start with a bling bling ;)

Talk to you later folks :)

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest

2 days with the order ready for the gear needed for my youtube videos and i couldn't bring myself to just click on it.

View attachment 986223

I know its not vaping apparatus perse for the shiny thread but more like vaping adjacent hehe.

Intro is done,watched a whole bunch of guides on how to adjust the video of the smartphone,edit videos for sound and video and i did some try outs and the lightning looks good in my room.

I'm hoping that in a week or so i will be able to post my first video,lets see how it goes.

Will have to probably buy something for my review cause i got nothing coming my way for review purposes so i will look around and see what i get for my first review.
    Maybe i will use the Centaurus M200,didn't get it for review purposes but since i bought it and its pretty new it might be a good choice for my first review,you know start with a bling bling ;)

Dang, get it! Been thinking about making these purchases as well, but not entirely sure it'll be worth the purchases being the industry is going in the direction it is. Sadly.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I thought Aliexpress wouldn’t sell to US customers?
    Oh? I don't know, I've never purchased from them before.
    I had about 400 puffs on the .3 coil when I switched it out for the .6 coil.
    It went bad, or you just wanted to try out the 0.6? I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference. Similar taste profile for both, but I think that's because the airflow is restricted to RDL for both.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

View attachment 986223

Be sure you are up to speed on the crazy You Tube rules for vaping videos.
    You don't want them to shut you down.
    no posted links
    no website shown for the product
    no showing UPC codes on packages
    no mentioning where you can buy the product
    I'm sure there are more
    This is the latest:
    Good luck....

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Aliexpress is a bit like Amazon, a marketplace where multiple companies operate, Chinese.

There are some things I will buy on Aliexpress, PMMA, Cobber, Peek and some other materials.
    That said, I consider the chances of me getting genuine junk on AliExpress quite high, if the quality is lousy I can still use it as templates.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Oh? I don't know, I've never purchased from them before.

It went bad, or you just wanted to try out the 0.6? I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference. Similar taste profile for both, but I think that's because the airflow is restricted to RDL for both.
    It didn’t go bad but needed to try the other coil. I feel like both have good flavor but honestly the .6 seems better at flavor production.

I bought from Ali several years ago but don’t think we can buy from them. Let me know if you find out different. I’ve been ordering a few things from 3fvape and they have had way faster shipping than Sourcemore.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I bought from Ali several years ago but don’t think we can buy from them. Let me know if you find out different. I’ve been ordering a few things from 3fvape and they have had way faster shipping than Sourcemore.
    Will do. I also made a purchase from 2Fdeal for a couple of Hammer of God mech mods not long ago and they shipped very quickly as well.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    What experience have y'all had with Health Cabin as far as shipping times? My tracking hasn't changed since November 24, where it says "out of warehouse" in Shenzen. That's 14 days.

ETA: I just checked my tracking for the 5th or 6th time today. There's finally a change. The package is now in New Jersey.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    What experience have y'all had with Health Cabin as far as shipping times? My tracking hasn't changed since November 24, where it says "out of warehouse" in Shenzen. That's 14 days.
    I have only ordered from them a few times but don’t remember having an experience like that.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Javichu

I have a YouTube channel for my consulting services. My videos are 100% private and my channel has nothing to do with vaping.

Hopefully you've read, or will be reading, before posting any vape related content, the following at minimum: YouTube's Community Guidelines, Harmful or dangerous content policies, Community Guidelines strike basics on YT.

There are a good number of very well known YT vape reviewers who have received strikes for content violations. Matt from Suck My Mod, GrimmGreen, Mike Vape's and Zophie Reviews to name a few.

YouTube's software uses bots to look for violations in videos. The bots automatically issue a strike if they detect a policy violation.

A member can appeal a strike but that is also handled via a bot. Most are rejected within moments. The way around this is to appeal directly to "humans" (novel concept :greengrin: ) via YT's Twitter page by tagging @TeamYouTube.

Several well known YT vape reviewers have appealed strikes via Twitter and had their strikes removed and videos restored. One well known reviewer was issued a strike for a video that was 10 years old.

I wouldn't be discouraged by this... YouTube has always been fairly restrictive in what they allow on their platform. Follow their guidelines and you "should be" fine. FWIW, Google owns YouTube. LOL.

There are several alternatives to YouTube that some have been using to host their vape reviews. Odysee and Rumble are two of those. Rumble has very lax content guidelines and will probably never prohibit vape videos. Rumble has a format that’s a lot more like YouTube too. Odysee is up and coming, like Rumble, but appears to be growing faster than Rumble. Vape videos on Rumble also seem to get more views. D Tube is another one worth looking into, they do not censor content.

Daily Motion and Vimeo are the other alternatives. Vimeo has a free account option but it is limited to 500MB per week and a total account storage of 5GB. If you require more there will be a monthly recurring fee.

It would be in your best interests to setup accounts on Odysee, Rumble and D. Tube. And to upload your videos to those when you upload a video to YT. That way you have backups on other video content sites that you can refer people to. Mike Vape's and Vaping with Vic have been using Rumble.

ETA: If you setup accounts on Odysee, Rumble and D. Tube use the same channel name that you plan on using at YT. ;)

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I just made a few sizeable purchases at FT (I just realized I had a $34 gift card I never used...), Sourcemore, HealthCabin, and Vapesourcing about a month ago. Nothing felt like it was more expensive than normal, and certainly not heftily.

It makes me wonder if a lot of the people complaining about the prices are new purchasers from Chinese vendors that aren't used to their shipping costs.

It's my understanding that the shipping costs for SM, HC and VS have risen significantly over the last year plus compared to what they were just a couple years ago.

I've not purchased anything from China in a very long time. The gear I've purchased mostly comes from Europe, the UK, a handful of other countries, FB BST groups, the classifieds here and via a couple other vape forums.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Be sure you are up to speed on the crazy You Tube rules for vaping videos.
    You don't want them to shut you down.
    no posted links
    no website shown for the product
    no showing UPC codes on packages
    no mentioning where you can buy the product
    I'm sure there are more
    This is the latest:
    Good luck....

@Javichu

I have a YouTube channel for my consulting services. My videos are 100% private and my channel has nothing to do with vaping.

Hopefully you've read, or will be reading, before posting any vape related content, the following at minimum: YouTube's Community Guidelines, Harmful or dangerous content policies, Community Guidelines strike basics on YT.

There are a good number of very well known YT vape reviewers who have received strikes for content violations. Matt from Suck My Mod, GrimmGreen, Mike Vape's and Zophie Reviews to name a few.

YouTube's software uses bots to look for violations in videos. The bots automatically issue a strike if they detect a policy violation.

A member can appeal a strike but that is also handled via a bot. Most are rejected within moments. The way around this is to appeal directly to "humans" (novel concept :greengrin: ) via YT's Twitter page by tagging @TeamYouTube.

Several well known YT vape reviewers have appealed strikes via Twitter and had their strikes removed and videos restored. One well known reviewer was issued a strike for a video that was 10 years old.

I wouldn't be discouraged by this... YouTube has always been fairly restrictive in what they allow on their platform. Follow their guidelines and you "should be" fine. FWIW, Google owns YouTube. LOL.

There are several alternatives to YouTube that some have been using to host their vape reviews. Odysee and Rumble are two of those. Rumble has very lax content guidelines and will probably never prohibit vape videos. Rumble has a format that’s a lot more like YouTube too. Odysee is up and coming, like Rumble, but appears to be growing faster than Rumble. Vape videos on Rumble also seem to get more views. D Tube is another one worth looking into, they do not censor content.

Daily Motion and Vimeo are the other alternatives. Vimeo has a free account option but it is limited to 500MB per week and a total account storage of 5GB. If you require more there will be a monthly recurring fee.

It would be in your best interests to setup accounts on Odysee, Rumble and D. Tube. And to upload your videos to those when you upload a video to YT. That way you have backups on other video content sites that you can refer people to. Mike Vape's and Vaping with Vic have been using Rumble.

ETA: If you setup accounts on Odysee, Rumble and D. Tube use the same channel name that you plan on using at YT. ;)

Thanks a bunch for all the useful info guys,much appreciated.

Got huge checklist of things to do so i am just taking it one day at a time.

Today is house cleaning day so i will try to pop in later,thanks again.

Have a nice day folks :)

Users who are viewing this thread