the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
And in the vaping twilight zone ... o_O ... I received a Swag v1 today from vaporL.

I ordered one from vaporL last August. After two months I ended up getting a refund and no mod. Go figure. FF to today, there are no charges at PP for this. Hmmm.

Looks like a freebie to me!!!
View attachment 885951

Search Results
Dictionary
swag

1. 1.
    a curtain or piece of fabric fastened so as to hang in a drooping curve.
  2. 2.
    INFORMAL
    money or goods taken by a thief or burglar.
    "their homes offer tempting swag for burglars

• Agree
Reactions: Pigs

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@AvaOrchid saw your post asking about a lemonade. I hadn't heard of it but thought you might like to try this one by kindground if you haven't already.

Bill D. Lemonade all %
FE lemon 2
FA lemon Sicily 1
VT sour lemon 2
Sweeten to taste. I like it without sweetener; if you want a "softer" lemonade try adding a bit of lychee.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm having trouble with 3F about the Hippovape kudos. Seems they don't want to replace it after the screen went dead. They say its to old. Hell we're talking 3 mnths. It actually blew within the first month, but I claimed after 3.
    They did up their store credit from $5 to $10 during our exchange though...:mad:
    They also advice me to take it to my local vape shop to have a look at it...:lol:
    Question is, how long is to long to put in a complaint at these suppliers?

I'm with @Letitia - if you get nowhere with 3fvape, try the manufacturer directly. And don't play Mr nice guy :wub: If you need help writing a grumpy email, ask in here, we have plenty of assertive, expressive, stroppy writers who can help ;)
    Feedback-Hippovape Technology Co., Limited
    or just email them direct here: mailto:info@hippovape.com

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    In the early hours of this morning, I built the Pulse 22 RDA:

pulsedeck.jpg

That's a 2.5mm id, 5 wrap 0.5x0.2mm coil and I gave it 7mm legs.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this atty. I had no expectations of it at all, but it is actually quite a good little flavour banger.

It has some quirks:
    The wick channels are offset, and not where you'd expect them to be. The well isn't overly deep - but despite this, even I couldn't oversquonk this RDA :shock:
    Because it's fully encased in a chamber, with airflow tubes running down - it is almost leak proof.

Good points:
    Flavour. That is a puny lil coil in there, that isn't long enough to get the most from the airflow. Despite that, I got awesome flavour straight away.
    Smooth. Extremely smooth airflow
    Airflow: Surprisingly airy. It's a tad airier than the Axial with 3 holes opened each side.

Its competition: It's on the Hippo for now. I like it more than the Elder Dragon. But it has to be better than a NarCa RDA to stay there ;)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I'm with @Letitia - if you get nowhere with 3fvape, try the manufacturer directly. And don't play Mr nice guy :wub: If you need help writing a grumpy email, ask in here, we have plenty of assertive, expressive, stroppy writers who can help ;)
    Feedback-Hippovape Technology Co., Limited
    or just email them direct here: mailto:info@hippovape.com
    Much obliged Ange and @Letitia. I'll give them a go. I'm much better expressing myself when I use the hands...hope I don't have to resort to Xrated language :lol:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Wouldn't hurt to politely point out other members on the ecf forums are having similar issues. All these companies know us.
    Yeah I mentioned that twice to them. Told them there's lot of talk going on about this same problem. They don't respond to that. Just keep repeating I must take it to my vape shop...or the $10 credit.
    They won't enjoy the last response I sent last night though.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yeah I mentioned that twice to them. Told them there's lot of talk going on about this same problem. They don't respond to that. Just keep repeating I must take it to my vape shop...or the $10 credit.

Good :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Meant the manufacturer, 3f is know for being very reluctant to address customer complaints. I've had issues with them recently but they did finally ship my preorder from March that was supposed to ship mid April. Pisser was they had it listed in the 24 hour ship; when I saw that I inquired why mine hadn't yet shipped. They wanted me to pay shipping that I had already paid for.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    On the one hand, I kind of get it. Seems they're just a reseller, and don't even really stock anything. So I can sort of understand that they don't want to get involved in warranty issues. That said, if they don't step in and take care of customers, well- they won't have any for too long. Wasn't that long ago that many retailers washed their hands completely of warranty issues, but that's changed dramatically in recent years. But they're in China, and don't really compete with Amazon, Walmart, and the like. They really should at minimum, give you info to contact the mfg. or do it on your behalf.

A couple of questions, though- apologies if I missed this info: I notice their site mentions 45 day returns. Are you counting your days from delivery, or order? Also, checking Hippo's site, they don't mention warranty at all. Is there a warranty card or anything in the box? Have you reached out to them at all yet? You should start that process right away, regardless of how it's progressing with 3F. The longer you wait, the less responsive they'll likely be. And mention to them the difficulty in dealing with 3F - they may hold some sway with their resellers.

Also, when they tell you to take it to a vape shop- are they saying they'll pay for repairs there? Or just suggesting that as your resolution, on your dime?

Ok nighty night folks....see you in the morn....
    @BamaChris I'll have a look at your site tomorrow...I've loved my BB'S since the first one. They just produce the perfect vape...
    Hope the site goes well :)

Thanks. Please let me know if you have any feedback after you dig in. :)

I’ve bookmarked it to look at later. What a labor of love to put that all together! Roll Tide, and come hang out with us here more often. :)

RollTide! I will see what I can do. I don't have as much time as I used to, but I will be sure to check in more often!

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    On the one hand, I kind of get it. Seems they're just a reseller, and don't even really stock anything. So I can sort of understand that they don't want to get involved in warranty issues. That said, if they don't step in and take care of customers, well- they won't have any for too long. Wasn't that long ago that many retailers washed their hands completely of warranty issues, but that's changed dramatically in recent years. But they're in China, and don't really compete with Amazon, Walmart, and the like. They really should at minimum, give you info to contact the mfg. or do it on your behalf.

A couple of questions, though- apologies if I missed this info: I notice their site mentions 45 day returns. Are you counting your days from delivery, or order? Also, checking Hippo's site, they don't mention warranty at all. Is there a warranty card or anything in the box? Have you reached out to them at all yet? You should start that process right away, regardless of how it's progressing with 3F. The longer you wait, the less responsive they'll likely be. And mention to them the difficulty in dealing with 3F - they may hold some sway with their resellers.

Also, when they tell you to take it to a vape shop- are they saying they'll pay for repairs there? Or just suggesting that as your resolution, on your dime?
    Ah to be honest mate, its mostly my own fault. I slept to long on it. When it blew, I wasn't keen on talking to them. Figured its designed there, so its a chance I took, and the replacement will probably be the same. It was all settled and I was over it. Then @Pigs ofcourse had to open the wound by showing off how he is getting a replacement for his blown one...:cool:. That set the wheels in motion again...if he can get one, I also want one :D
    I opened the ticket mid May. I received it mid Feb (bought it end Jan). I wasn't (should've been) aware of the 45 day period.
    Now i'm on a full blown mission to satisfy my self pride...I think.
    Yeah I did contact Hippovape through the link Ange provided, and told them how 3F are reluctant to help.
    I told them about 3F wanting me to take it to a vape shop, but I won't because its a board problem. I also told them how people on ECF are peed off about the quality.
    My point to them...this isn't a cheap device. If they stand behind their product it should have some guarantee...at least 6 months, I said. We'll see how they respond.

Last edited:

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    Just checking in.
    Won't be around for a little bit. I ignored my diabetes for too long and it's come home to roost.

Now, don't go saying "sorry to hear that" or whatever. What I'm dealing with is my own damn fault so it is what it is.

Nerve pain is keeping me from doing what I want. It's insane and my tolerance for...well anything...has gone down. I'm evenore ant-social if that's possible.

I'm taking care, wonderful wife has got a diet of healthier stuff going so I will be fine. Once these new meds kick in for pain I'll be right as rain and will be back.

So have fun. Remember buy more and post it.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Just checking in.
    Won't be around for a little bit. I ignored my diabetes for too long and it's come home to roost.

Now, don't go saying "sorry to hear that" or whatever. What I'm dealing with is my own damn fault so it is what it is.

Nerve pain is keeping me from doing what I want. It's insane and my tolerance for...well anything...has gone down. I'm evenore ant-social if that's possible.

I'm taking care, wonderful wife has got a diet of healthier stuff going so I will be fine. Once these new meds kick in for pain I'll be right as rain and will be back.

Good to see your avatar mate.
    Keep sane and healthy and power on!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Search Results
    Dictionary
    swag

1. 1.
      a curtain or piece of fabric fastened so as to hang in a drooping curve.
    2. 2.
      INFORMAL
      money or goods taken by a thief or burglar.
      "their homes offer tempting swag for burglars
    OR (Urban Dictionary)
    SWAG stands for Stuff We All Get, typically when attending an expo or trade show. You get SWAG when people at booths hand out free stuff like pens, prizes, etc.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Just checking in.

I know nerve pain and it sucks. I hope you fell better soon and can come back to us ;)

Users who are viewing this thread