Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have some SS316L...2-28/38 wire. How do I work out the amount of wraps to get to the ohms I want?
Steam Engine don't seem to accommodate that.
Here it is for dual coil
Screenshot_20210615-214335_Vape Tool.jpg

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Uh...don't mind me. I just need to get this out of me.
I'm at the pinnacle of my vaping liquid journey atm. Looking back it's been a hard slog getting flavors that suits me...but i'm filled with the feeling of...it's all worth it now !!!
The liquid is a NET I extracted myself...took me 4 months.
It's a Cavendish aromatic called Trout Stream. It's naturally sweet and smoky with a bit of caramel in the background....Heaven.
The ultimate RY4 :thumbs:

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I have some SS316L...2-28/38 wire. How do I work out the amount of wraps to get to the ohms I want?

It's a PITA on steam engine, but I work backwards by using the wire wizard:
    Wire wizard | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
    Scroll down and under Custom Materials change single wire to clapton. Then for a fused clapton change the Core to parallel. If it's a tri-core, just click the + for another core.

Then I change everything to my actual coil. And add or take off wraps until it's in my ballpark and voila! But I use the android app Vape Tools Pro more as it does it in one step :thumbs:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Uh...don't mind me. I just need to get this out of me.
    I'm at the pinnacle of my vaping liquid journey atm. Looking back it's been a hard slog getting flavors that suits me...but i'm filled with the feeling of...it's all worth it now !!!
    The liquid is a NET I extracted myself...took me 4 months.
    It's a Cavendish aromatic called Trout Stream. It's naturally sweet and smoky with a bit of caramel in the background....Heaven.
    They ultimate RY4 :thumbs:
    Way to go!!! I would be happier than all get up and go if I did that.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    That's exactly what I needed to see/find out. Thanks SMT.

I started off using a little 2.5mm ID 2*28/26 fused clapton in mine then went back to round wire and haven't been happy with that. Gonna build and wick like yours today. :thumb::thumb:

@charlie1465 kindly sent me a gift of some Mavaton but it looks like it's been nabbed by Border Force/Quarantine, so I'll wick with 13 Feets today.
    Your welcome. I hope that works out better for you. How long does the Border Force/Quarantine hold on to packages?

I will be looking forward to hear what you think of Mavaton's.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    @Fredman1
    If you dont have vape tool i can input what you are looking for.
    Single or dual
    Diameter/wraps or target resistance etc
    Thanks mate. I've loaded it..will see how I go :thumb:
    It's a PITA on steam engine, but I work backwards by using the wire wizard:
    Wire wizard | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
    Scroll down and under Custom Materials change single wire to clapton. Then for a fused clapton change the Core to parallel. If it's a tri-core, just click the + for another core.

Then I change everything to my actual coil. And add or take off wraps until it's in my ballpark and voila! But I use the android app Vape Tools Pro more as it does it in one step :thumbs:
    Thank you Ma'am :D

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Your welcome. I hope that works out better for you. How long does the Border Force/Quarantine hold on to packages?

I will be looking forward to hear what you think of Mavaton's.
    If Quarantine have seized it I won't get it back.
    They don't let any organic material like that into Australia via post. We're an island without many of the exotic diseases and pests from other parts of the world. I understand why they're so strict - big parts of the agricultural economy, not to mention ecosystems at stake.

I spose retail/sealed packages from authorized sources are a different story. You can buy Mavaton in Aust.

Here's some info:

Cotton pests - Farm Biosecurity

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Not sure about Steam Engine but there's an app called Vapetool that will give you all that info if you input the wire type and build type.

EDIT - just saw @Hightech Redneck 's post. Same app.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Morning shinies :wub:

@hittman @Pigs funny that all our new boxxes are arriving at around the same time....whose will get there first :D.....not looking forward to the pics much now either...you know I was only joking right?? :lol:

Have a good one :wub:
    Hey! I went to a spray tan salon today and also had my pecs waxed. No way you're getting out of this Charlie.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    @Pigs will customs notify you that they've confiscated something....I'd be surprised as it's only card thickness and I'd also be surprised if an x-ray picks it up....do they have organic cotton sniffer dogs?? :unsure:
    Not sure Charlie. Still hopeful it'll get through but if they seize it I think they'd probably just chuck it in a bio bin.
    Huge thanks either way mate!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Vape Mail:banana::w00t:
    After much swinging through the trees on there way my little Gorilla Bottles have arrived:thumb:
    And I got myself a couple of nice handmade coils for a bit of a treat, @Pigs I do believe that you are familiar with these!! The Cloud Revolutions, mine are called Game Over Man:shock:
    image.jpg

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    @Pigs will customs notify you that they've confiscated something....I'd be surprised as it's only card thickness and I'd also be surprised if an x-ray picks it up....do they have organic cotton sniffer dogs?? :unsure:
    Not sure Charlie. Still hopeful it'll get through but if they seize it I think they'd probably just chuck it in a bio bin.
    Huge thanks either way mate!
    Here in NZ they notify you when something is confiscated. I received 3 letters about confiscated tobaccos already.
    With organic stuff (like your cotton) they give you the option of fumigating it at your own expense...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread