ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
What scares me, is the thought of using a mech bb type AIO device. Mainly due to the amount of times I've had an rba or tank rba short out in my Boxx - yet read fine on a mod.
@inswva is pretty much using all mech ones. Hopefully he will post his experiences with them. He has quite the collection along with several RBA's for them.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I've steered clear of BB's and AIO's. That rabbit hole is mighty deep. :w00t:
down-the-rabbit.jpg

I do like them and love seeing everyone's. Just not for me. <maybe> :lol: :lol:

:greengrin:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    What scares me, is the thought of using a mech bb type AIO device. Mainly due to the amount of times I've had an rba or tank rba short out in my Boxx - yet read fine on a mod. So I'm sticking to reg. devices in that particularly huge rabbit hole!
    Short out or have a radical resistance reading? My experience with AIO devices has been somewhat iffy thus far. They work great when they're working, but like my experience with the Dovpo Abyss, the Pulse AIO.5 will sometimes read 0.32 ohms, and sometimes it reads 0.53 ohms with the 0.3 ohm coil, but never has it shorted.

The only way I've countered this is by using Variable Voltage mode, so that the voltage doesn't spike when the resistance falsely reads high.

Edit: With a mech mod, this would result similarly in performance, with the exception of the voltage output in the battery as it dies.

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    About a week ago now I ordered myself a new Good Wood Cool Custom mod to made, it's another DNA 75C single 21700:thumb:
    I received a message this morning from my mod builder and he was sent the photos of the block from the resin guy recently, now it's off to the miller to do his magic!!
    Here's a pretty picture of the block, I needed some colour in my life:wub:
    image.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The data you see is from the LE. As far as I know, the only difference between the LE and the OG are are the color options. Everything else appears to be exactly the same.

The data acquired is more or less using Ohms Law and is almost purely calculated with the exception of the mods that provide both a volt and amp readout under load. DNA chips can also provide this info via Escribe.

I'd say probably 90% of the mods on the market offer a voltage readout. Voltage over actual resistance reading will give you the amp draw to reach the indicated wattage setting. Using Ohms Law, you can see how accurate it's firing for the intended wattage.

This data isn't being published as scholarly work - I have no fears with sharing my findings. If a mod or product does not live up to what it's advertised and my experience with that product reflects that, I will be sure to include that in the review. After all, we're reviewers and not promoters.

Edit: If you're wondering about the reliability of my info, I've been comparing it to the findings of DJLsb Labs on YouTube and the performance stats for the products he's tested with pro equipment has been very steady with the results I've found for the products we've both tested.
    I agree about the LE and the original being the same from what I’ve read. In Todd’s review he said that the connection was a little loose on the original and was more secure on the LE. That’s why I asked which one you tested.

I agree we are reviewers and not promoters but each person has their own preferences that make them decide if a device is one they like and would recommend. If I find something I don’t like about a review sample then I say so. I very much disliked the maxpod 3 and said so. I believe I’ve mentioned in my reviews how some of the Voopoo pod mods don’t really work with the auto draw. I try to give an honest opinion on every review. If a company doesn’t like it then they can get someone else.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I agree about the LE and the original being the same from what I’ve read. In Todd’s review he said that the connection was a little loose on the original and was more secure on the LE. That’s why I asked which one you tested.

I agree we are reviewers and not promoters but each person has their own preferences that make them decide if a device is one they like and would recommend. If I find something I don’t like about a review sample then I say so. I very much disliked the maxpod 3 and said so. I believe I’ve mentioned in my reviews how some of the Voopoo pod mods don’t really work with the auto draw. I try to give an honest opinion on every review. If a company doesn’t like it then they can get someone else.
    I agree that the MaxPod 3 was probably one of the lesser performing devices FreeMaX has put out recently in regards to flavor.

And I'm not a fan of VooPoo devices because they have a history of falsely claiming their specs. The only device as of recently that I've tested was the Argus GT II, and that performed fairly close to its advertised specs. I did not receive the Argus MT or XT for review, so I cannot verify those specs. There's a reason we look to people like Mooch to give us reliable performance information - if battery vendors did not overstate their battery specs, then we could trust them and it wouldn't be a concern.

I think the auto-draw on a lot of devices becomes questionable when leaking begins to happen - a big reason I'm a fan of having an accessible button along side the auto-draw.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    About a week ago now I ordered myself a new Good Wood Cool Custom mod to made, it's another DNA 75C single 21700:thumb:
    I received a message this morning from my mod builder and he was sent the photos of the block from the resin guy recently, now it's off to the miller to do his magic!!
    Here's a pretty picture of the block, I needed some colour in my life:wub: View attachment 981852
    Daniel, that's some Good Wood!!! Really nice colors. :thumbs:

I see the Flying Squirrel.
    -2.jpg

:greengrin:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I agree that the MaxPod 3 was probably one of the lesser performing devices FreeMaX has put out recently in regards to flavor.

And I'm not a fan of VooPoo devices because they have a history of falsely claiming their specs. The only device as of recently that I've tested was the Argus GT II, and that performed fairly close to its advertised specs. I did not receive the Argus MT or XT for review, so I cannot verify those specs. There's a reason we look to people like Mooch to give us reliable performance information - if battery vendors did not overstate their battery specs, then we could trust them and it wouldn't be a concern.

I think the auto-draw on a lot of devices becomes questionable when leaking begins to happen - a big reason I'm a fan of having an accessible button along side the auto-draw.
    I’ve tested a few of their pod mods that the airflow had to be almost completely closed down to get the auto draw to work. Some of them I wondered why they even put it on them.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I’ve tested a few of their pod mods that the airflow had to be almost completely closed down to get the auto draw to work. Some of them I wondered why they even put it on them.
    Ohhh, right right. Yes. The needed suction to initiate the auto-draw function has seemed to be pretty lackluster. VooPoo isn't the only one with this issue, however. I've also been noticing that companies are claiming an "MTL" draw, when in fact at very best, it's a tigher RDL. Hardly any suction at all and no airflow control.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. You're up and at them as usual SMT. I just got to work a while ago and filled out my monthly report. Looks like I have a couple of review samples headed my way later this week. I need to check and see which ones they are. I think I have seven all together that either have shipped or say label created.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Good morning. You're up and at them as usual SMT. I just got to work a while ago and filled out my monthly report. Looks like I have a couple of review samples headed my way later this week. I need to check and see which ones they are. I think I have seven all together that either have shipped or say label created.
    Seems like you have at least a couple review samples arriving weekly.

It's always xmas at your place. :greengrin:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Seems like you have at least a couple review samples arriving weekly.

It's always xmas at your place. :greengrin:
    Actually, I had about two weeks off with nothing arriving before the last seven arrived all in one week. I finished those and had about a week off then got one on Friday. Honestly it's hard to keep track of the UPS tracking numbers to remember which one is from who. I know for sure when they arrive but try to look ahead so I can plan a schedule. I just looked and one of the two coming this week is what I call a free sample as I don't have to review them. I've got one company that sent me some disposables without asking and I did one review for them but told them I don't like reviewing disposables. They are sending some more of a new one they released. If it's decent then I might do a review on it but they said they don't expect a review but wanted to let me try them. I know it's just a push to try to get me to keep reviewing for them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Evidently I missed the shipping cutoff on my 3f order before they left for the latest Chinese holiday. Is it me or do they get a week off every time you turn around? I wish I had that much vacation time.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies ;)

Short out or have a radical resistance reading? My experience with AIO devices has been somewhat iffy thus far. They work great when they're working, but like my experience with the Dovpo Abyss, the Pulse AIO.5 will sometimes read 0.32 ohms, and sometimes it reads 0.53 ohms with the 0.3 ohm coil, but never has it shorted.

The only way I've countered this is by using Variable Voltage mode, so that the voltage doesn't spike when the resistance falsely reads high.

Edit: With a mech mod, this would result similarly in performance, with the exception of the voltage output in the battery as it dies.

I get the jumping resistance in the Boxx and Bxr until I've completely tightened down the 510 nut, then it lowers and stays the same. But yeah I was meaning actual short outs.

Users who are viewing this thread