Status
Not open for further replies.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Day 40 on 2.5 BF longevity test. Draw was a bit funky today. Dripped a new coffee vape. Blew out and still a bit tight. Ran PGA through several times and it's better, but not as good as new. Maybe it's on it's way out or maybe just a good ultrasonic cleaning in PGA. Will continue to update till it dies.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Day 40 on 2.5 BF longevity test. Draw was a bit funky today. Dripped a new coffee vape. Blew out and still a bit tight. Ran PGA through several times and it's better, but not as good as new. Maybe it's on it's way out or maybe just a good ultrasonic cleaning in PGA. Will continue to update till it dies.

I feel it deserves a memorial service, with all of the empty bottles of juice it vaporized in attendance. Of course, an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death. Did it have a will? ;)

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
I feel it deserves a memorial service, with all of the empty bottles of juice it vaporized in attendance. Of course, an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death. Did it have a will? ;)

OH NO!!!! It's still producing lovely vapor and flavor, just a bit tighter draw than before. Stupid sweeteners in pre made juice.....That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Doesn't warrant burial just yet, still kicking like a mule. :)

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think I went over 35 days or something on this 2.0 BF, and I'm starting to wonder if its performance dropped. It could be the juice not having strong flavour(I'm keep switching flavors all the time trying out new ones). Vapor is definately still at top notch though. I should try a juice that I was using on the earliy days and see. I have never even done any blow-outs or cleaning either so I'll try that next as well. The coils are mostly black but I can still see each coil wrap and they look fine.

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
OK, it's official.....pga soak & ultrasonic cleaning made it worse. Now no flavor and spits of vapor. 40 days is pretty good and she still meters @ 2.6 (was 2.5 as new). Last ditch, clean again and try a dry burn to see if it will bring it back. Not out of necessity, but rather my own curiousity! :laugh:

Thanks for keeping posted tierra. I'm also very curious about how effective those cleaning methods are and would've experimented myself. Do you have to take the wick out for dry burning?
And yeah.. if I can get full use for a month I would never mind taking the extra days as bonus.

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
idk about an atomizer that lasts one month... The flavor would have to be pretty amazing. I get tons of really good flavored vapor from a standard Joye 510, and they last me no less than 3 months with no cleaning at all. In my experience, most of the cleaning methods serve to deteriorate the atomizer quicker.

I just killed the atty shortly after my last post, by running it accidentally at 7.4v. This is the third time doing this while multitasking... I thought I had my habbits sorted out. I guess not quite yet. :cry:

What is your set up dalton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread