Some other addictive chemical or sensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I believe that "bigger rush" is NOT from nicotine, but from nicotine AND all the other crap big tobacco puts in there to keep you buying their product.

Big tobacco is our mortal enemy and I PROMISE you they will infiltrate our industry and do EVERYTHING in their power (which is far more powerful than many of us even imagine) to put the same crap in e-juice as is in analogs.

Just curious...

Who let BT put all those Chemicals in Cigarette Tobacco?

Seems to me that all a Government Agency had to do was buy a Pack of Smokes and Test what was coming out of the Filter End that we were Inhaling.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just curious...

Seems to me that all a Government Agency had to do was buy a Pack of Smokes and Test what was coming out of the Filter End that we were Inhaling.

They did that and more. They built a huge case against the tobacco companies based on the health hazards of smoking and the increased costs of healthcare due to smoking.

When you pay billions in tax money and settlements to the government, they get used to having that extra revenue. In 1998, the tobacco companies agreed to pay $206B over the first twenty five years as a settlement over an argument with government about the increased cost to the states in healthcare caused by smoking. You don't kill off a cash cow as long as it's producing.

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
They did that and more. They built a huge case against the tobacco companies based on the health hazards of smoking and the increased costs of healthcare due to smoking.

When you pay billions in tax money and settlements to the government, they get used to having that extra revenue. In 1998, the tobacco companies agreed to pay $206B over the first twenty five years as a settlement over an argument with government about the increased cost to the states in healthcare caused by smoking. You don't kill off a cash cow as long as it's producing.

The problem with all "sin taxes", or with any item/behavior/industry-specific tax in general, is that you WILL set up an eventual conflict of interest problem for legislators. It's inevitable. Once a govt becomes dependent on tobacco taxes, or booze taxes, or gasoline taxes, X taxes, then it becomes very very difficult for them to do anything at all to upset that applecart. It doesn't mean they are all just liars on the take who don't care if people die of cancer (though some probably are). It just means that there is BIG incentive to protect the status quo cash cow.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The problem with all "sin taxes", or with any item/behavior/industry-specific tax in general, is that you WILL set up an eventual conflict of interest problem for legislators. It's inevitable. Once a govt becomes dependent on tobacco taxes, or booze taxes, or gasoline taxes, X taxes, then it becomes very very difficult for them to do anything at all to upset that applecart. It doesn't mean they are all just liars on the take who don't care if people die of cancer (though some probably are). It just means that there is BIG incentive to protect the status quo cash cow.

Exactly. This is very likely one of the primary motivators of the FDA to shut down eCigs while ignoring the problems with tobacco, our food supplies, our water supplies, etc. They are not getting paid by the eCig industry.

The government is kind of like a big crime boss. If a new player moves into his territory and starts making mad money without giving the crime boss his "cut" there is going to be hell to pay.

EDIT: Then again it could be possible that they have been infiltrated by psycho Agenda 21 supporters who think the population needs to be thinned out.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Exactly. This is very likely one of the primary motivators of the FDA to shut down eCigs while ignoring the problems with tobacco, our food supplies, our water supplies, etc. They are not getting paid by the eCig industry.

The government is kind of like a big crime boss. If a new player moves into his territory and starts making mad money without giving the crime boss his "cut" there is going to be hell to pay.

EDIT: Then again it could be possible that they have been infiltrated by psycho Agenda 21 supporters who think the population needs to be thinned out.

To me, it isn't so much the Government that is the "Crime Boss", it is Big Business.

Government is just the Tool that Big Business uses to Enforce their Wishes.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Maybe I'm strange but I am still addicted to my Vape big time. It's like my pacifier. I do understand that there are other chemicals in cigs that make us addicted to cigs, but maybe because I'm allowed to Vape at work, I just Vape alot more than I ever smoked. Luckily I'm at a lower nic than when I was smoking (8 mg nic). But since I do Vape alot I wonder if I'm still getting as much nic as when I was smoking. I tend to think I don't but just wondering about this subject out loud :) this post is mainly in response to some of the beginning posts where others say they don't seem to have as strong an urge to Vape as they did when smoking. I do.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Just curious...

Yep. Instead of trying to regulate eliquid, the FDA needs to really analyze and regulate what BT is putting in their cigs that they have approved for consumers. That's what I don't understand. Why do they allow BT to put anything extra and unnecessary in tobacco to begin with.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep. Instead of trying to regulate eliquid, the FDA needs to really analyze and regulate what BT is putting in their cigs that they have approved for consumers. That's what I don't understand. Why do they allow BT to put anything extra and unnecessary in tobacco to begin with.

Because the Three Entities who Control the FDA do Not Consider this to be a problem.

I.e. The Democrats. The Republicans. And of course, Big Tobacco.

All Three of them Benefit/Benefited from it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Maybe I'm strange but I am still addicted to my Vape big time. It's like my pacifier. I do understand that there are other chemicals in cigs that make us addicted to cigs, but maybe because I'm allowed to Vape at work, I just Vape alot more than I ever smoked. Luckily I'm at a lower nic than when I was smoking (8 mg nic). But since I do Vape alot I wonder if I'm still getting as much nic as when I was smoking. I tend to think I don't but just wondering about this subject out loud :) this post is mainly in response to some of the beginning posts where others say they don't seem to have as strong an urge to Vape as they did when smoking. I do.

I'm not sure if you are Looking to Curb your Vaping?

But if you are, there is some Good Advice in this thread...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/421746-more-addicted.html

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Because the Three Entities who Control the FDA do Not Consider this to be a problem.

I.e. The Democrats. The Republicans. And of course, Big Tobacco.

All Three of them Benefit/Benefited from it.

Wait I thought it was the Democrats in bed with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma, while the Republicans were in bed with Big Oil and the NRA.

Maybe everyone is in bed with everyone else while "we the people" are the ones getting screwed.

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
Wait I thought it was the Democrats in bed with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma, while the Republicans were in bed with Big Oil and the NRA.

Maybe everyone is in bed with everyone else while "we the people" are the ones getting screwed.

Pretty much. None of them want out of bed with Big Business. The only R vs D argument is who gets to be on top. R's prefer the Corps on top, D's prefer the State on top, but neither has any intention of stopping the ongoing eternal orgy. Me, I think both govt and business have their function and place - don't hate either. I just want them out of bed together.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

They swap around from Time to Time.

Kinda a Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice thing. Checkout time is 11:00 am.

LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the link about curbing my PV addiction. I'm reading it still. I love my PV! Lol. I'm not sure I'm ready to lay it down more just now though. Ha! Maybe later. Uhm... I dunno. Lol.

There really Aren't any Rules when it comes to Vaping. It's just what you want.

Me, I didn't like the Feeling I was starting to get when I carried my PV around with me 24-7. Or thinking about Sneaking a Hit in places I would have Never have Smoked.

But that was/is just me.

:)

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
There really Aren't any Rules when it comes to Vaping. It's just what you want.

Me, I didn't like the Feeling I was starting to get when I carried my PV around with me 24-7. Or thinking about Sneaking a Hit in places I would have Never have Smoked.

But that was/is just me.

:)

See, I'm the opposite. I went way down on my nic strength just so I can chain vape all day long if I want, without overloading. I think if I worked outside my home, I'd do higher nic and vape less often. But I work (boooooring data entry work) on my laptop from home, so the ability to chain vape is better for me right now. It's nice that vaping can be customized to whatever works for you. Another plus. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
See, I'm the opposite. I went way down on my nic strength just so I can chain vape all day long if I want, without overloading. I think if I worked outside my home, I'd do higher nic and vape less often. But I work (boooooring data entry work) on my laptop from home, so the ability to chain vape is better for me right now. It's nice that vaping can be customized to whatever works for you. Another plus. :)

Curse E L James for taking one of my Favorite Slogans away from me.

But there Are Many Shades of Grey when it comes to Vaping/Vapors.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida

I think that's my problem too, If you want to call it a problem. I enjoy vaping alot, thus I felt it best to lower my nic. I have a feeling if I raised the nic, I would still Vape alot but at higher nic, which is what I used to do when I was vaping at 12 mg, and eventually 10 mg, and now down to 8 mg. I really like vaping alot so I guess lowering my nic is best at this point.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think that's my problem too, If you want to call it a problem. I enjoy vaping alot, thus I felt it best to lower my nic. I have a feeling if I raised the nic, I would still Vape alot but at higher nic, which is what I used to do when I was vaping at 12 mg, and eventually 10 mg, and now down to 8 mg. I really like vaping alot so I guess lowering my nic is best at this point.

I know for me, If I Up the Nicotine that I will Vape less.... For Awhile.

But then I just slip back to Vaping at the Same Frequency. But at 24mg vs. 12mg.

I think my Addiction is More Mental than Physical. Because some days I do 0mg and I don't feel all that much Different than when I using my Day-to-Day 12mg e-Liquids.

But Everyone is Different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread