Some other addictive chemical or sensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Cigarette Ingredients - Chemicals in Cigarettes
Here are the 599 chemicals added to cigarettes that when burned create over 4000 chemical compounds. That's right, 4000 chemicals your not putting in your body every half hour or so. Your missing more than nic but that's a good thing!

And yet we are supposed to be concerned about some "contaminants" that MIGHT be in vapor without regulations. Just look at what tobacco regulations have gotten us. ROFLMAO.

I think I might post that link elsewhere...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape constantly, but I don't think I'm getting more nic than I did when I smoked. I could hotbox a couple at break and feel the nic buzz and dizziness as I walked back toward the building. I don't get that from vaping 24mg constantly. Maybe the problem with cigs was an elevated CO2 level coupled with lowered O2 levels.

Anyone remember the cold, clammy skin feeling you got when you first smoked? It was a real buzz when you were used to having normal gas levels in your blood.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I don't think the "buzz" from cigarettes only came from nicotine though. Those other 4000 chemicals had to have some effect.
In my experience most people never really got a "buzz" from cigarettes, unless they haven't had one for awhile.
Usually this buzz comes with the first cigarette of the day, and after that not so much.

If that is the case, then the "buzz" was really from oxygen deprivation due to carbon monoxide.

This is not to say that some people don't get a "buzz" from nicotine, or even the WTAs.
Just that most people never really did.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
In my experience most people never really got a "buzz" from cigarettes, unless they haven't had one for awhile.
Usually this buzz comes with the first cigarette of the day, and after that not so much.

If that is the case, then the "buzz" was really from oxygen deprivation due to carbon monoxide.

This is not to say that some people don't get a "buzz" from nicotine, or even the WTAs.
Just that most people never really did.

That may be but my post was directed at DaveP who was thinking that he was getting less nicotine with vaping than analogs due to not getting the "buzz" with vaping that he got from smoking. Whatever caused the "buzz" more than likely either had to do with oxygen to the brain being decreased from CO and CO2 OR from the extra "free bonus" chemicals in smoke. In other words the "buzz" effect is not an accurate determination of actual nicotine intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread