Status
Not open for further replies.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
This is him just after he was brought to his room from the operating room.
ASqOTRG.jpg

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Very happy that surgery was a success TD WTG love that you gave us pics so happy that it went well still Thinking of you all and sending very positive thoughts for all of you!

HI everybody! Hope you are all healthy and happy! Smoking or not Love you all!
Specail shout out to Thaya, Lox, Jim , Kristie, Victoria (I know you lurk sometimes) , Jazz, Alisa, FQ (are you lurking?) Lori (hope you are well), Mark and Shari- I miss all of you (if I missed your name I am sorry, its just a drive thru and I am limited for time)

My drive by for the day! LOL

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Hey all! Long time no speak. Came out of lurkdom for Karen and TD, praying for your precious son.

Pulled out the mad scientist lab tonight for my vaping buddy at work. Even in my most expensive amber glass bottle with poly cone lid, I can't get my cost above $5.10 for 115 ml of 2 mg unflavored liquid. He's been buying local for over $30. Think I'll convert him to DIY?

Hope you are all well. Posting sux on iPod but I read every day! Catch you later. . .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Hi! Read the first page where it said I didn't have to read the whole thread before I could participate. Is this thread still ongoing?

Me and the Mrs. are struggling. IDK what you think about WTA, but we think that will be the answer for us. We only need 1 stinky a day or every other day to stop all the withdrawal; otherwise, without the stinkies, we can't vape enough @36mg to get our heads right.

A friend of ours came into the County Clerk's office today to put her affairs in order. She has Stage 3 lung cancer and will not survive. We still can't quit the 1 stinky habit.

Somebody pray, swear, invoke the gods, whatever, so all of us in this thread can beat our demon. I DO feel like a failure. I AM ashamed of myself. Hell, I fought in the war (9/11 aftermath) and this cigarette habit is harder to deal with than that. Seen people blow up in front of me - still can't quit the stinkies. Lord help us all.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hi, Johntodd. Our thread is not nearly as active as it used to be, but the regulars still stop by quite often, especially when someone needs help. I personally have not used WTA, but many who have swear by it. They say it definitely helps with the urges, but if overused can sometimes contribute to increasing the urge for a real cigarette. It should probably be used mostly as a go-to when the urge is overwhelming, then back to regular juice once it's gone. Besides that, I understand it's kind of expensive.

I must say that you should congratulate yourselves for getting down to 1 cig a day. That is an accomplishment in itself. Think of all the ones you're not smoking. There's no shame in having 1 a day as long as you're okay with it. If your primary goal is to be completely smoke free and even 1 is unacceptable, then I'm sure you can do it.

Everyone in this thread has been on a different journey and can offer advise that may work for you. You're welcome to share the problems or issues you're having, vent about what you're going through or just ask for advise. Some of the people here have managed to quit completely, while others are still struggling. Welcome...stay and chat for a while.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
Hi JohnTodd, I never tried WTA but I have heard that using it too frequently will make you want to smoke more.

What worked for me, and I'm not saying it would work for anyone else, was to first find a juice that I really really liked and to put a quit banner in my sig. Then I knew if I slipped and had even one I would have to admit that to all of the great supportive people here.

I decided one evening last August that I had smoked my last and I stuck to it no matter how hard it got, my SO smokes so I had the opportunity to grab one whenever I wanted. No matter what you do there will be some withdrawal, I had a lot but I toughed it out with the help of these people. Instead of smoking I would come in here and find someone to talk to until the urge passed and it was difficult for several weeks but I got through it. Again at about 3 months there were a few sketchy days, but I kept looking at that banner and used it to keep me from giving in. I also got into the hobby aspect of vaping, yes it cost me some money but it also took my mind off of smoking. I would reward myself with a new mod or topper or something vape related.

Once I found the right juice and device for me, that delivered that juice in a truly satisfying way the urge to smoke was gone.

It's been nearly 10 months now and I no longer have any cravings for anything other than vape.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
I want to clarify what what I said, I do not mean to sound like I think what worked for me works for everyone. We are all different people and have to find the thing that works for us and that is different for each person.

We do all have to find that magic combination that works for us because there is no one right way that will work for everyone.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
Update on child. He is doing well. Sat up and played most of the morning. Napped in the afternoon. Then got to go for a short walk through the hallways. Girlfriend has videos and pictures on her Facebook. I haven't added any because my mom and sister are all adding them so I dont need to also lol.

Johntodd, wta may work. I had won a free bottle and it helped me when I really wanted a cig, but it tastes peppery to me. I don't like peppers.

What is your hardware you and mrs using? Might help with different hardware.

Once I get home if you still have not tried wta I will mail you what is left of the wta I have. Its high vg (might be 100vg?). 25mg. I used 36mg liquid and smoked a pack a day. Then worked my way down to one a day. Changing my hardware and finding a good flavor that "hit" the spot worked for me to stop the last one. I personally cannot do strong tobaccos. They make me want a real one. I dont like the taste of cigarettes anymore (a good cigar however. ..). I mostly like fruity or bakery flavors.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Johntodd,

Yes this thread is still very much alive! I'm so sorry about your friend, If life was fair, it would be me instead.

You don't say how long you've been vaping, or what you're vaping on. That would help us to give you more advice. (Perhaps not better advice, but more of it! ;-)

But more than that, it's not always about quitting. Having 1 cig a day, or every other day is probably a lot less than you used to smoke, right? At the moment, the butts you DON'T smoke are really more important than the ones you do.

Give it some time, and don't pressure yourself. I know there are many people who have said "once I started with the e-cig I never touched an analog again". Well, Not Me. I've been vaping (on great equipment) for 6 months, and I STILL have a cigarette first thing in the morning, and on bad days, another couple during the day.

Eventually I will not smoke any more. I won't quit, I'll just stop smoking. In the mean time I am smoking a LOT less. And really enjoying vaping! (Well, most of the time. Other times I get frustrated with the equipment, the juices, the effort).

Look, you're off to a great start, take pride in that! Vaping is not a magic wand, it's just a great way to do something other than (and better than) smoking a cigarette. There is no shame in not "quitting", instead take pride in smoking a lot less! That IS an accomplishment!

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
It went very well. No complications and minimal meds. Hes waking up here and there whimpering but doesnt take long to go back to sleep.

Whew! Thank the Goddess! ;)

Hi! Read the first page where it said I didn't have to read the whole thread before I could participate. Is this thread still ongoing?

Me and the Mrs. are struggling. IDK what you think about WTA, but we think that will be the answer for us. We only need 1 stinky a day or every other day to stop all the withdrawal; otherwise, without the stinkies, we can't vape enough @36mg to get our heads right.

Welcome! I'm a newbie too. ;) This thread and many others here on ecf have really helped me.

I've been vaping for 4 months now, but am still smoking 2-3 cigs a day. I tried WTA about 1 month ago because I was getting discouraged and wanted to finally give up those last few stinkies. However, WTA made me anxious and increased my urge to smoke analogs. Of course, it affects people differently.

My lesson in that was that there is no magic pill that will make me stop. So I'm just trying different juices, nic levels, etc.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Johntodd welcome!

I am a dual user, I have not been successful at quitting, yet, it is of my own device. My head is just not listening to the rest of me! I am a former 4 PAD smoker down to under 2 PAD mostly under 1 PAD but sometimes there are days I lose it. I was ashamed at first that I couldn't quit like "everyone" else. But, I have learned that it is different for all of us and you have to just keep the faith. equipment, I have learned can play a rol in your journey, some of it is better than others, But don't think every latest greatest is the answer. Been there, done that,

Just know, that you have found perhaps the best thread on ECF right here, Come back and chat, we love to have you join us, Hopefully we will help you and you will help us, as we all struggle up that hill together, to get to our friends that went over that hill before us.
Welcome to your new war! I want to win this one!

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Thanks everybody for the support! I've noticed that the people here on ECF are so very generous. You guys rock!

Me and the Mrs. are vaping the MVP2 starter kit. We have iClear 30's right now, but we have two ProTank2's and and IGO-W on the way. I think the better flavor and delivery might help a lot, esp. for her.

We are vaping at 36mg right now, but for the IGO-W I ordered some 18mg juice because I read that drippers pack a punch and too much nic is harsh when dripping.

Our plan for the WTA and new hardware is this: Perhaps we will drip in the mornings before work (we get up at 5AM), and use the WTA in the dripper to "load up" for the day, and then go to work with the Protanks and MVPs and regular juice. We're also going to try laying off the WTA on weekends.

Another option for us is to load up on WTA on weekends and see if we can make it on regular juice during the week. I went for 2 weeks without a stinky and she went for 3 days without one when we first decided to quit and switch to vaping. SO, there is some "wiggle room" in there for us to figure it out. We plan to ween off the WTA and eventually nicotine altogether. We've allotted ourselves two years for the weening. That was before the WTA problem reared it's head.

We just got married this past Monday and want live to a long life together! Vaping seems a great way to do this!

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
Welcome johntodd. I am a dual user as well. Last night I made the desicion to try today for the first time to not some one cig! I have been vaping and smoking since dec and cut way back, I have not tried WTA but have read a lot about it.
You know the stress that I put on myself for smoking one cig made me smoke another, and another, so instead I celebrated every cig I did not smoke, down to one cig a day is wonderful!

I low that for me I enjoy the habit, and it is a security blanket,it is harder to quit then most drugs, but we all can do it!
I have invoked the gods, prayed, sweared, cursed BIg tobacco man and hoodooed for you! Stay around and we can go this journey together!

Congrats on getting married and what a wonderful way to say I love you! I love my MVP 2. I find i am a vv girl, like to adjust the voltage for my juices to ge the best flavors and satisfaction, i personally tried mech mods and it really did nothing for me. I do drip I got an Igo w and love it and yes please lower your nic and drink water, Gatorade or lemonade. These all work for me! I mostly drip to try new flavors! I have been experimenting with tanks cartos, clearos attys to get that right ones!

Last edited:

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
Hey all! Long time no speak. Came out of lurkdom for Karen and TD, praying for your precious son.

Pulled out the mad scientist lab tonight for my vaping buddy at work. Even in my most expensive amber glass bottle with poly cone lid, I can't get my cost above $5.10 for 115 ml of 2 mg unflavored liquid. He's been buying local for over $30. Think I'll convert him to DIY?

Hope you are all well. Posting sux on iPod but I read every day! Catch you later. . .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Fq I am horrified to Start DIY flavoring, I am addicted to the vaping gear and pretties and pre made flavor how much would I spend on that hahahahaha. Maybe in the future!

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Thanks everybody for the support! I've noticed that the people here on ECF are so very generous. You guys rock!

Me and the Mrs. are vaping the MVP2 starter kit. We have iClear 30's right now, but we have two ProTank2's and and IGO-W on the way. I think the better flavor and delivery might help a lot, esp. for her.

We are vaping at 36mg right now, but for the IGO-W I ordered some 18mg juice because I read that drippers pack a punch and too much nic is harsh when dripping.

We just got married this past Monday and want live to a long life together! Vaping seems a great way to do this!

Congratulations! That's a great reason for going the healthier route!

I'm not a big fan of the IClear30 as a head (but I love the MVP! Great choice!) Personally I like the BCC heads (Like the protank, although EVods and ones like this are what I use the most: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1594202

But I switch liquids all the time, so I use a bunch of cheap tanks, rather than a single "nice" one most of the time. (I do have a few higher-end tanks for special occasions!)

Since you'll be coiling and wicking the dripper, I'd recommend you check out the "Rayon" thread here. I recently switched over to it and really like it! PM me if you'd like a sample, I could throw in some Kanthal as well if you haven't already got some. Lots of the folks here do their own coiling, so you won't be short of advice if you need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread