The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Still smoking support and chat thread

Discussion in 'Switching' started by loxmythe, Jan 26, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Possum64

Possum64 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Well done! And that is half the battle - finding the device that suits YOU. It doesn't matter what the device is, as long as it gives you a similar experience (or alternate experience) to smoking.
    Isn't is strange - I too can go hours now without vaping i.e. Not taking in ANY nicotine at all. When I was smoking I would nearly chew my arm off if I had to go a couple of hours without a cigarette. I truly believe FOR ME I was more addicted to all the additives in the cigarettes and not the nicotine as such. Now, when I do vape after a break of 10 or so hours it is SO satisfying and enjoyable :)Love vaping!!!

Enjoy your time away from work :thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    878BFD98-27AC-4F81-B0A9-1A5DDECE23AB-62931-00002C326FE0E736.jpeg Blimey @tgs3 i can't believe a year has gone already. A HUGE congratulations to you for your 83 days.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tgs3

tgs3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks, Possum. It is now 91 days. If I can do that, anyone can, if they really want to. I can attest that the first days/weeks are the hardest, at least they were for me. I smoked for 45+ years, 25-30 per day. Of course, that was normal usage - add in alcohol,and you can imagine. Cut your smoking in half and staying there - a major achievement. In any event, the key is to keep vaping no matter how much you smoke.

I am not going to jinx myself and proclaim to the world that I have quit. But given the 91 consecutive days of no smoking, I think it is fair to say that I have 'cut down'.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Thayamax

Thayamax PIF MODERATOR Extraordinaire Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi, everyone. I know I haven't been around lately. My husband was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 weeks ago and after many tests we're on our way for surgery this morning. Please keep him in your thoughts and/or prayers. He really needs it.

Thanks,
    Thaya

• Love Love x 6
  5. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey @Thayamax so sorry to hear your news. Sending healing thoughts and will keep you both in my prayers. Such a difficult and scary time for you
    Catherine

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

@Thayamax & "Hubby" . . .

GOOD VIBES & Positive Healthy Thoughts . . .

Being Sent Your Way to Both of "You" . . .

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  7. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Prayers coming yours and his way:wub:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tgs3

Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thaya, so sorry to hear about your husband. Good luck to you both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. FinallyQuit

FinallyQuit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2011
    SC
    (((Thaya))) I'm sorry to hear that. Healing thoughts headed to ya'll.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  10. KC0YNU

KC0YNU Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    healing thoughts being sent your way Thaya.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Skwij

Skwij Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Thaya, so sorry....
    Good thoughts and wishes headed your way

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  12. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Thaya. It has been just over a week now - I hope you are both doing well.

• Love Love x 1
  13. Skwij

Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey @Thayamax you and DH in my thoughts. Hope all is as well as it can be for you guys.

Sorry to all for being MIA. Been a hairy few weeks plus the annual trip to the rental cottage which has very spotty signal at best. You can barely get a signal of you find the right rock, stand on one foot, arm extended, other arm over your head, and tongue out

Had a marvellous time as always, but sadly smoked more than vape as we spend a LOT of time in the boat fishing and I wasn't risking any of my gear

Time to get back on track and recommit to vaping at least equally as much as smoking. Got a few coils to change and a few atties to rebuild and I desperately need to organise so that I can remeber what juice is in what.

I caught and landed this beauty. Nope, that's not me. No fish gloves and pike are stinky, slimy toothy ba$tids. Not touching that quite yet!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi @Skwij. Sounds like you had a lovely time away at your rental cottage - fishing and relaxing on the water is great for the soul. It can be tough being out of your normal routine when it comes to smoking/vaping for sure! I hope you are doing ok with the fires and smoke haze where you live.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. tgs3

Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Things are really quiet here. Of course all of us regulars are worried about Thaya and her husband. I am still refraining from smoking - 105 days. I have had four mods die on me recently - two of which were only a couple of months old - both were eleaf isticks 30w. Bummer. How is everyone else doing?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sorry about your ISticks. I've lost a couple of 20's but still have all the 30's.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Skwij

Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Fine and dandy where we are. We're south eastern Ontario so no fires near us. Northern Ontario and most of the west coast are terrible though. The west coast is thousands of kilometres away from us.

Crazy busy at work making up for a week off, plus back to school here. Ugh!
    Competition golf is happening so lots going on there. Our boat is in for an engine overhaul and we're hoping for "just" a head gasket issue rather than a cracked block.

My mom just got a confirmation of Basal Cell Carcinoma so we're all just a little freaked atm.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Skwij

Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow, long time...

Been smoking tonnes more than vaping but still under 15 per day.

There's been a trip to the States, various competitive tournaments, some family stress alluded to in my last post.

Today I paired a tube mod with the fumytech rose and vape the he!! out of that. Plus upped the nic on the smok tfv8 big baby.

I've had 5 combustibles today. No urge for another one at all as I think I filled the Rose with a combo of tasty juice and some butty WTA.
    I think, coz my organisation plan hasn't happened yet.
    Mum had her sketchy piece of skin excised today and all went well so far.

So how's everyone doing?
    @Thayamax and @Hopeful64 especially

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. tgs3

Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm still here. Haven't smoked a cig in over four months. When and if I make it to six months, I may start saying that I quit smoking. Seem premature now.

Hope everyone is well.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Skwij

Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi @tgs3 .

Nice to see you and gratz on the 4 months!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1