Status
Not open for further replies.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
TGIF!
Although that doesn't mean much, seeing as I work Saturdays LOL

One more day, then Golf and a Costco run.
The pool is shocked, the front flowerbeds watered (holy hannah they were DRY), a nibble eaten, and now some puter time.

I'M GETTING VAPEMAIL, sometime.....maybe.....
A Facebook group I belong to had a post re the sQuapeR and a shop owner in the UK who has found 20 (!!!!!!!!) in storage. I snagged myself two of them, even though they're not the latest and greatest, they are a wonderful rebuildable MTL atty, and cool looking. Hard to find, too, and believe me, I've been looking for a second one for well over a year. I'm so excited!

Now to hope the guy remembers to invoice me so I can PayPal the money over and get those wee lovelies into the mail PDQ!

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I used to have a clone of the sQuapeR. It was different than most other tanks in the way the coil attached. It was pretty cool but it was so tall it looked funny on the mods I had at the time. I'm sure it's still around here somewhere, but I don't want to bother looking for it yet. I absolutely love my Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme tanks. I haven't used anything else for well over a year and still can't imagine anything I'd like better.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Ooh @Thayamax I did love my aromamizers but got tired of rebuilding and them leaking until the new build settled in
Fabulous flavour though.

Pool scooped here, 2 hours of weeding, a few beverages had .....

Who knew that some broadleaf grasses had roots that go to frikkin China?? Now to grill some Atlantic salmon with a pouch of taters thin sliced with lemon, butter, onion, garlic scrapes and dill.

Oh, and WE HAD RAIN, thanks be to the gods. Not enough but some.

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
I'm here. I checked in the other day and for the life of me, I could not find this thread!!! The only reason I found this thread this morning is that there were some alerts to show me how to get to this thread. I'm such a computer dummy!!

I've been a bad girl. Probably up to 25-30 on camping days. So mad at myself. So here I sit this morning starting over (until I go back to the camper!!! Grrrr :sneaky:) I haven't disciplined myself yet to only smoke outside as suggested. It was much harder for some reason to vape while camping? I didn't really try that hard if i would admit it. Darn. I might have to go cold turkey at some point from real cigs. So here I go again. I am vaping right now. I need you guys.

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well and always...thank you all for the encouragement. You guys are awesome! :wub: I'll be back later to let you know how I did. I hope all of you have a fabulous day!

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hopeful, in my experience, if you smoke 30 per day, cut down to 20/25 and stay there for a few weeks. Then try to shave another 2/3 off that and stay there for a few weeks. Obviously, the numbers are arbitrary, other than that, they have to be lower than your current consumption. I have thought about this - I literally had to think about this since I seriously wanted to reduce/quit - cutting down means reducing the amount of cigs you smoke per day to some level and staying there.

Saying things like 'I have been bad' are really pointless. You are an adult and smoking legally - and according to most countries, you can smoke as much as you want. You have not been bad! If you have been bad, it is only to yourself - you owe us nothing in terms of your smoking habits. All of us were smokers - and, I think, heavy smokers - I certainly was. And dual using is a perfectly legit lifestyle. But you seem to want to quit - for health reasons - and those are good reasons to quit.

To actually make a major reduction or actually quit, you are going to have to learn to live outside your comfort zone, especially in the early days. But I am arguing that consistency is the key. Genuine progress happens when you reduce, say from 40 to 30 per day, and stay there for weeks.

I have thought about this - quitting did not come easy to me - I was a long time hardcore smoker (45+ years) - and after months I have just completed 68 days of not smoking. And last year if you had suggested my not smoking for that amount of time, I would have laughed in your face. I was truly hardcore.

Last edited:

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
I honestly believe @tgs3 has pointed out one of the biggest things in changing over from smoking to Vaping,

consistency

it is needed in both the reduction of analogs AND increase of vaping at the same time.

The above post just cemented/smacked me in the face, just what has been missing from My Own, program, shall we say.

Thank You @tgs3

I hope this assists others as well.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I honestly believe @tgs3 has pointed out one of the biggest things in changing over from smoking to Vaping,

thanks Koynu, but you completed what my post did not mention ( and should have! ). In addition to consistently reducing smoking one must also be increasing and looking to improve ones vaping.

That is literally what I did.

Thanks

Last edited:

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Hopeful, in my experience, if you smoke 30 per day, cut down to 20/25 and stay there for a few weeks. Then try to shave another 2/3 off that and stay there for a few weeks. Obviously, the numbers are arbitrary, other than that, they have to be lower than your current consumption. I have thought about this - I literally had to think about this since I seriously wanted to reduce/quit - cutting down means reducing the amount of cigs you smoke per day to some level and staying there.

Saying things like 'I have been bad' are really pointless. You are an adult and smoking legally - and according to most countries, you can smoke as much as you want. You have not been bad! If you have been bad, it is only to yourself - you owe us nothing in terms of your smoking habits. All of us were smokers - and, I think, heavy smokers - I certainly was. And dual using is a perfectly legit lifestyle. But you seem to want to quit - for health reasons - and those are good reasons to quit.

To actually make a major reduction or actually quit, you are going to have to learn to live outside your comfort zone, especially in the early days. But I am arguing that consistency is the key. Genuine progress happens when you reduce, say from 40 to 30 per day, and stay there for weeks.

I have thought about this - quitting did not come easy to me - I was a long time hardcore smoker (45+ years) - and after months I have just completed 68 days of not smoking. And last year if you had suggested my not smoking for that amount of time, I would have laughed in your face. I was truly hardcore.

consistency

it is needed in both the reduction of analogs AND increase of vaping at the same time.

The above post just cemented/smacked me in the face, just what has been missing from My Own, program, shall we say.

Thank You @tgs3

I hope this assists others as well.

Thank you so much. Did I ever need to hear this TG! What happens to me a lot in my life is I am 100% black and white person so if I eat a piece of cake that is not on my diet plan, I end up blowing the whole thing. I need to learn that it is all right to be in the grey zone. I am NOT going to be so hard on myself from now on. If I can stay at a pack per day right now for a bit, I will be so happy with that.

I charged up my 2 little fake cigarettes last night and I think I will go back to them for a few days until I get back on track. They just seem to suit me better right now because I hold them like a real cigarette and it produces just the right amount of 'smoke' for me without choking to death. Sometimes my other equipment makes me choke so much because I am not used to it yet. As heavy as a smoker that I am, my real cigarettes are very weak. Most people that borrow one from me cut the filter off.

So today, I will allow one pack and smoke my fake ciggie in between. I am going to the campgrounds again this weekend so I need somehow to stay disciplined. I am not doing as bad as I thought. I just checked out my calendar and I probably over-smoked about 2 packs.

I just took a picture to show you that today is the 18th of July and I still have 4 packs left so I am not doing near as bad as I thought. Heres the picture of my fake cigarette that seems to give me the most pleasure while vaping. I taped it to the calendar. Lol

Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart for the encouragement. All of you are such an encouragement. Love and (hugs) to you all. :wub:

20180718_084857[1].jpg

Last edited:

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hey @tgs3! What a terrific post. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts - it really helps to read others ideas on what has worked/ is working for them. I am going to share your 'method' with a friend of mine who is struggling to quit smoking - not unlike our @Hopeful64 :wub:. You a still a winner in my eyes, Donna - going from 3 packs a day to 1 a day is fantastic! You really don't give yourself enough credit.

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Just a quick note before I head to the campgrounds. I recognize that vaping has definitely become part of my life now. I really felt that today. For the most part, since I joined the site, I am vaping half and smoking half. I did really good again today and I'm pleased. Still got 7 left in my pack! So wish me luck that I can stick to this for the next 2 days. I'll check in when I get home and let you know.

You all have a great weekend!

To all of you: :wub:

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Agreed, @Hopeful64 you do sound more centred and upbeat in the good way.

Absolutely LOVE the posts here since I last checked (yes, I'm always here due to an open tab and still wading my way thru the original thread).

The pool is swimmable! Work is done for another week, and this time next week I'll be toes up on the boat or at the campfire with a bellyful of good food, at a gorgeous rental cottage, with the hubs (we're not married, just common law). Damn, we so need this. His Mom is terminal, and crotchety, and stubborn as all get out, in the hospital, and it's her birthday tomorrow. 91 years young.

The rest of his family is 20 hours away from us in Sydney, NS. He's staying for the BD, then heading home.

He's frustrated, as nothing he went down there to do got done, really. He feels superfluous, but I reminded him that him being there is what *they* needed from him at this time. I'm feeling guilty for not being there, as this is very likely my MIL's last birthday. Yes, I'm self employed and in charge of my own schedule, but being booked out 3 months ahead means major headaches to move people around, some of whom have booked their appointments a year or more ahead.

That said, I've told everyone that while I wasn't willing to move them this time, if/when we go for the final time for Florence, it won't be a case of moving them. It will be an "I'm gone, not sure for how long, you've got an appointment with [whoever] and deal with it". My clients understand, thank goodness, and they "get it" but it's still stressful. Ah well. C'est la vie and c'est la morte. Sh!te happens.

Right now I could friggin EAT a smoke or 10. Girlfriend and I passed thru the native reserve where ciggies are way cheaper and I thought to myself, "self, if I'm gonna get a pack or two, buy em now for less money". They didn't have my brand. They didn't have her brand. On to the next store, and nope, none of hers, none of mine, so I said FUGGIT, I'll grab an off brand that I used to not loathe. They gave me a carton for the price of two packs. So I've been smoking those, and they do NOT satisfy. Nope. Not even with vaping. I can do 1/2 of a dart of my usual, and be good with vaping for an hour or so, then finish the dart. Not these, no way no how. They're like sucking air. Vaping like a mad fiend trying to NOT eat the damn things.

Plus I've been a little lazy in maintenance of the vape gear (I did mention I have a whacktonne, right?). That and a Low Battery warning on the VaporFlask stouts when I KNOW the batteries are fully charged and fine for the ohms of the atomizer. So out comes the DeOxit Gold and a good cleaning was had. Better. Yep, my Iced Cappuchino tastes like it should, and the cloud is what it should be (not a cloud chaser here, but dangit I need to see something more than a stingy wisp).

Wow, seems like I've talked forever and done a week's worth of updating in this post! Sorry to be a thread hog all....wh00ps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread