Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
K4 top fill is the best that I've used to date. I'd happily see it again on the 5. juice control needs improvement though imo

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

The juicd control is the one thing that caused me to pass on the K4.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
The Kv4 was over-engineered IMO. Way too many parts. Some of which had to be tweaked or replaced with something different to getting it working properly. When it worked it was great. But those times were not very frequent for me. Hopefully the Kv5 will be a whole different beast. And a much more simple one.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
The Kv4 was over-engineered IMO. Way too many parts. Some of which had to be tweaked or replaced with something different to getting it working properly. When it worked it was great. But those times were not very frequent for me. Hopefully the Kv5 will be a whole different beast. And a much more simple one.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus
I've never had one single issue with my authentics. Only issue I even heard of was with temp control builds.

Reactions: KY_Rob

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
All 3 of my KF4's are authentic, and the only issue I ever had was temp control, which was fixed effectively for me with the gold spring. In the interest of full disclosure, I gave up on TC after about a month, as no matter what atty I used the flavor seemed muted to me. I vape a 1.1ohm coil @ 20w, so kanthal with rayon is uber reliable.

As far as the many parts, I've only ever taken them "all the way down" when they were brand new to clean them and juice the o-rings a little. I have removed the build decks from the bases a couple of times for inspection, but I've never had a need for a complete tear down. The many parts doesn't really bother me.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I think there's a misconception regarding juice control on the KF4...it was never intended to meter the juice flow, only to function as "on" or "off".

That's what I thought too, I have it either fully open or fully closed, or as you say "on or off" :thumb:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

I certainly didn't want the juice flow turned off and get dry hits when I was down town so I sold the Kayfun 4 on eBay without even wrapping a coil for it

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have a few Tobeco clones and while others have no issues with them it seems i could never get the juice control to work right. They are all sitting in their box.

I saw that stupid juice control and went back to my Kayfun Nano with KFL+ base.

That was a good idea on paper.

Anyone looked at the Kayfun 6 on Fasttech?

It is a little RTA with a Kayfun build deck that can be removed and screw in Lemo and Melo coils.

Reactions: herb

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have a few Tobeco clones and while others have no issues with them it seems i could never get the juice control to work right. They are all sitting in their box.
I'd recommend an authentic KF4, to alleviate the issues you've had with the juice control.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
The KF4 was my first RTA... first two builds I had dry hits, and since then it has been wonderful. If I can do it as a complete noob, then it really is not very difficult :D Wick so there is a little resistance through the coil, not tight not loose. Cut so the ends just touch the deck, fluff it a little with a micro screwdriver . Turn juice on and vape ;) When topping up, turn juice control off :thumb:

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I've never had one single issue with my authentics. Only issue I even heard of was with temp control builds.

Which is a huge deal for a lot of people. Even Busardo (Kayfun's #1 fan) complains about how crappy it is with temp control because there's simply too many moving parts in between the pin and the coil (as the guy above said, it's over-engineered). That's what stopped me from buying one. I need and REQUIRE solid and stable conductivity for TC since I only vape with TC (like more and more people these days).

Svoe Moesto needs to think about simplicity as well as being a tank for all styles of vapers (i.e. not just being a tootle puffer tank). I see no physical reason that one tank cannot appeal to both crowds (MTL and DTL) if it is engineered correctly. Because, let's face it, there's a million sub-ohm tanks for a reason: they sell. Most people prefer direct-lung vaping. I don't, but I realize I am in the minority and have to live with the fact that most new vape products will be designed for the #cloudsBros. Svoe Moesto has an opportunity to appeal to both crowds. If anyone can engineer a design to do this, they can.

Topper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Bulgaria
My K4 works flawlessly with TC few months already. Don't trust like children at fairytales. Moving parts bla bla....what's moving during vape? Was 40 parts, for year use I don't see more than two - base and unscrew tank for refill. I'll say again, if that mizer is not yours, move forward and find another one. Complaining that won't bring anything to your satisfaction.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I saw that stupid juice control and went back to my Kayfun Nano with KFL+ base.

That was a good idea on paper.

Anyone looked at the Kayfun 6 on Fasttech?

It is a little RTA with a Kayfun build deck that can be removed and screw in Lemo and Melo coils.

Have not even heard of a Kayfun 6 but what i have heard is that there is a "monster" base you can buy for all Kayfuns that gets rated very very highly .

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Have not even heard of a Kayfun 6 but what i have heard is that there is a "monster" base you can buy for all Kayfuns that gets rated very very highly .

Yes Fasttech sells Monster bases for $3.xx to %4.22 that you can use instead of the regular Kayfun or Kayfun Lite Plus base. With greatly increased airflow.

The Kayfun 6 is a complete RTA with a very small build deck that unscrews like a coil head so if you are out and the coil breaks of wick goes nasty unscrew the build deck wash it off insert a Lemo or Melo coil head. Juice the coil head and keep on vaping. Naturally the build deck is quite a bit smaller than the normal Kayfun deck

Reactions: herb

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Which is a huge deal for a lot of people. Even Busardo (Kayfun's #1 fan) complains about how crappy it is with temp control because there's simply too many moving parts in between the pin and the coil (as the guy above said, it's over-engineered). That's what stopped me from buying one. I need and REQUIRE solid and stable conductivity for TC since I only vape with TC (like more and more people these days).

Svoe Moesto needs to think about simplicity as well as being a tank for all styles of vapers (i.e. not just being a tootle puffer tank). I see no physical reason that one tank cannot appeal to both crowds (MTL and DTL) if it is engineered correctly. Because, let's face it, there's a million sub-ohm tanks for a reason: they sell. Most people prefer direct-lung vaping. I don't, but I realize I am in the minority and have to live with the fact that most new vape products will be designed for the #cloudsBros. Svoe Moesto has an opportunity to appeal to both crowds. If anyone can engineer a design to do this, they can.
This is actually a fallacy. Sub ohm Vapers are the minority and will be for the foreseeable future. Hell most Vapers don't use rebuildables. Current market trend research is still showing egos and cig alikes on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread