Svoemesto Kayfun Mini V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Yes fasttech sells Monster bases for $3.xx to %4.22 that you can use instead of the regular Kayfun or Kayfun Lite Plus base. With greatly increased airflow.

The Kayfun 6 is a complete RTA with a very small build deck that unscrews like a coil head so if you are out and the coil breaks of wick goes nasty unscrew the build deck wash it off insert a Lemo or Melo coil head. juice the coil head and keep on vaping. Naturally the build deck is quite a bit smaller than the normal Kayfun deck

Thanks i will check it out.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
This is actually a fallacy. Sub ohm Vapers are the minority and will be for the foreseeable future. Hell most Vapers don't use rebuildables. Current market trend research is still showing egos and cig alikes on top.

Cigalikes and tanks are easier. I LOVE rebuilding my RTAs.

I have to disagree about the Sub Ohm topic. Most of the new vapers start out with kits and many of these kits come with sub ohm tanks.

I think they are not understanding that question. Most people have not studied Ohms law. They are themselves as vaping on a starter kit.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
mini keg does sound more appealing :blink:

Ahh Oktoberfest

I have a few Tobeco clones and while others have no issues with them it seems i could never get the juice control to work right. They are all sitting in their box.

Gee I heard they were the cats meow.

Reactions: WillyZee

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have to disagree about the Sub Ohm topic. Most of the new vapers start out with kits and many of these kits come with sub ohm tanks.

I would say most sub ohm vapers are not ex die hard smokers. When you smoked most of your life and switch to vaping what you are looking for is a nicotine fix and equipment which is safe and dependable.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I would say most sub ohm vapers are not ex die hard smokers. When you smoked most of your life and switch to vaping what you are looking for is a nicotine fix and equipment which is safe and dependable.
I think most people who vape to make ginormous clouds are people who never smoked cigarettes. I have a 25 year old brother who never smoked a cig in his life recently started vaping one of those cloud making set-ups.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Have not even heard of a Kayfun 6 but what i have heard is that there is a "monster" base you can buy for all Kayfuns that gets rated very very highly .

I bought a couple of of the "Kayfun" V6s from one of the China vendors--can't remember which--and both were crap. Leaked like they didn't have O-rings.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is actually a fallacy. Sub ohm Vapers are the minority and will be for the foreseeable future. Hell most Vapers don't use rebuildables. Current market trend research is still showing egos and cig alikes on top.
Some tend to think ECF is a reflection of the entire vaping community. It is not. Rebuildables make up a small segment of the market. As do cloud chasers and sub ohmers and mega watters.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'll be curious to see what they come out with, although I'm not a likely buyer as my vape style has changed a lot recently. Someone did send me a Monster v3 for Christmas, and I'm enjoying it very much. It seems now after nearly two years of not smoking that I want a lot of airflow. I had quite a large collection of high end authentic RTAs, and sadly I've sold most now due to this change.

I did try a Tobeco k 4 clone, and it worked perfectly. I never had a single problem with it, but it just wasn't my tank. I felt I never got the flavor from it that I did from many others in my collection. So I never did buy an authentic.

Now, if the Rose v3 materializes, I'm a likely buyer even if it doesn't have the airflow I seem to like now. My v2 will remain in my collection.

I hope the Kayfun fans are very happy with the v5 :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, sounds like the authentic's are real winners with no issues whatsoever that i have heard .
I didn't say that, did I?
Nope.
I said the I'd recommend the authentic KF4 for the JUICE CONTROL issues you're having.
Let's face it...if all you own is a clone of the KF4, you don't own a KF4. You can't say the juice control on a KF4 is giving you problems, if you don't even own one.
I'm not being an elitist here, and holding my purchase of an authentic over your head...I'm just saying that no clone can be the measure of an authentic, regardless of how well it's made.
You can't judge the real, from your experience with a fake.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Which is a huge deal for a lot of people. Even Busardo (Kayfun's #1 fan) complains about how crappy it is with temp control because there's simply too many moving parts in between the pin and the coil (as the guy above said, it's over-engineered). That's what stopped me from buying one. I need and REQUIRE solid and stable conductivity for TC since I only vape with TC (like more and more people these days).

Svoe Moesto needs to think about simplicity as well as being a tank for all styles of vapers (i.e. not just being a tootle puffer tank). I see no physical reason that one tank cannot appeal to both crowds (MTL and DTL) if it is engineered correctly. Because, let's face it, there's a million sub-ohm tanks for a reason: they sell. Most people prefer direct-lung vaping. I don't, but I realize I am in the minority and have to live with the fact that most new vape products will be designed for the #cloudsBros. Svoe Moesto has an opportunity to appeal to both crowds. If anyone can engineer a design to do this, they can.
The KF4 was NOT designed or intended for TC use. That's not SvoëMesto's game.
Anyone complaining that it doesn't work well with something it wasn't designed for, is barking up the wrong tree.
Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. But SM did what they could to bring a KAYFUN to the market, that answered as many of the "fan requests" as they could.
People LOVED (and still love) the KFL series.
But people also wanted deck access, juice control on/off, P3 threading, stock glass tank options, stock top fill ability...etc.
And that's what SvoëMesto delivered.
They weren't trying to reinvent the wheel with the KF4.
I find its best to view the KF4 as "a KFL reimagined". Does that make it better than the KFL? Maybe not to some people. But it IS better in many ways.
It wasn't, however, designed to stand on the shoulders of the KFL...which is a tough act to follow. The KF4 was created to stand alongside the KFL, as another offering from a great designer.

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
I've heard the same but haven't seen anything I would classify as reliable research. But, anecdotally, the number of sub ohm, high airflow tanks and coils that keep coming out belies this. Hardly a week goes by without some "new" multi-coil sub-ohm tank being released. If the market research actually showed that sub ohm vapers were the minority, I do believe the vendors would respond.

From a supplier stand point, it is the way to go, since it increases use of the consumables (juice, coils, wick, etc).

Topper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Bulgaria
The KF4 was NOT designed or intended for TC use. That's not SvoëMesto's game.
Anyone complaining that it doesn't work well with something it wasn't designed for, is barking up the wrong tree.
Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. But SM did what they could to bring a KAYFUN to the market, that answered as many of the "fan requests" as they could.
People LOVED (and still love) the KFL series.
But people also wanted deck access, juice control on/off, P3 threading, stock glass tank options, stock top fill ability...etc.
And that's what SvoëMesto delivered.
They weren't trying to reinvent the wheel with the KF4.
I find its best to view the KF4 as "a KFL reimagined". Does that make it better than the KFL? Maybe not to some people. But it IS better in many ways.
It wasn't, however, designed to stand on the shoulders of the KFL...which is a tough act to follow. The KF4 was created to stand alongside the KFL, as another offering from a great designer.
e24298cd0245e5240bef9f7c8d35749c.jpg

Works.just fine ;-)
Edit: Believe me, it's more delicious than ever!

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've heard the same but haven't seen anything I would classify as reliable research. But, anecdotally, the number of sub ohm, high airflow tanks and coils that keep coming out belies this. Hardly a week goes by without some "new" multi-coil sub-ohm tank being released. If the market research actually showed that sub ohm vapers were the minority, I do believe the vendors would respond.

From a supplier stand point, it is the way to go, since it increases use of the consumables (juice, coils, wick, etc).

That is exactly my point. If dub ohm tanks didn't sell the builders would be building what actually sold.

There has been 75 or more different sub ohm tanks built so far. If people dixnt limry and use them they would have stopped after 5 or so.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I didn't say that, did I?

No , i never said you did say it, i said it .

I'm not being an elitist here, and holding my purchase of an authentic over your head...I'm just saying that no clone can be the measure of an authentic, regardless of how well it's made.
You can't judge the real, from your experience with a fake.

I also didn't say i was comparing a clone to the authentic , i expect the authentic to be worlds apart , all i said was the Tobeco clone didn't cut it for me , i didn't say the authentic wouldn't .

Carry on:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread