SX Zero 50w Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Ok .. here is a sneak preview of what the yet to be completed wood SX Zero will kinda look like. Also just realized that there was much being lost in translation because when I said "body sleeve" Eachely took that to mean "body and sleeve". So they are producing the wood as a complete device, not as a separate sleeve. Now in this pic the device is not finished, there is no inner housing or chip, its just to demonstrate what the wood body will look like.

SlSdl5K.jpg

The same was true about the other sleeves, they intend to reproduce these as complete devices with new sleeves. I did ask and clarify that they should offer the sleeves only, and they finally understood me and said they can sell the sleeve only. Now they just need to come up with brass and copper also and everyone will be happy.

DnP3YQN.jpg

Hey Nikki, so do you know if the wood sleeve be removable? I would love to get one with a real wood sleeve. I sent my Yosen zero back due to an autofire issue, and it looks like I may be picking one of these up. A lot of the pictures i've seen, there are gaps between the frame of the body and the sleeve. For some reason I feel like that would bother me. We need some more pictures in here.

Juggernaut666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Dallas Tx.
Thats weird, I have the Yosen V1, it reads the ohms, just fine, it's the power thats crazy, I run my rDNA40 at 10 watts and it reads at about 4.46 volts, the V1 reads that or around that at 7 watts.

I have 2 V3s on the way, so we'll see how that turns out, and the SX version on order through FT, when I will get it God only knows.....

Fwiw, the plan is for the Yosen Zeros. each will be getting new chips, a DNA30, DNA40 and SX mini. eventually, one at a time, but will be fun projects... :)

johnny hotsauce

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
Chicago, IL USA
Vape mail just arrived with a shiny new Zero SX :)

Letting it thaw out a bit since it's been sitting in my mailbox for a few hours in our winter tundra weather but found a nice bonus while unboxing, an efest 35A 18650 sitting inside the mod :D Don't think that was supposed to be in there so either they were QC testing before shipping and forgot to take it out OR I got some guys used mod, LOL.

Subtank arrived yesterday so I threw on the 22mm reducer so it could sit flush on my DNA30 box and now the damn reducer won't come off the base of the Subtank :(

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
I was pretty excited when I saw the subtank held 6mls, but apparently in RTA mode it only holds 4, which is pretty lame for as big as it is. The juice channels are also VERY tiny, and there's only two; maybe not a concern for many, but all my CJMR juices are 80/20. I'm sure this will be a great atty for many, but for now I'm gonna stick with my drilled Aqua V2, which has been pretty much flawless. If I want more capacity, I may try one of those 8ml ErlCloneAgains.

FYI, FC says they'll be on vacation till tomorrow, so maybe they'll update their Zero stock then?

Juggernaut666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Dallas Tx.
I honestly hate that aspect of FT, if they don't have them in stock they should not be listed or available to purchase until they are in their possession. Frustrating. Could cancel my order but then that's a whole new set of issues, then finding another one, blah, blah, blah..... I'll give in another couple weeks, if it doesn't become available, I'll go through the refund process. Meanwhile I'll be looking elsewhere to find one.

sent using a sonic screwdriver

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Nikki can when she has time. She may have done it already, but she's really backlogged right now.

I did do some quick tests when I first got it .. I can't remember what resistance I was firing, but the voltage output was within .1 of the display. I will do some again tomorrow and post here. :)

In the meantime .. look what I got for roxy :banana: They said they need about another 7-15 days to complete their first production batch, so this is just one completed sample. :)

MPX9V3Xl.jpg

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I honestly hate that aspect of FT, if they don't have them in stock they should not be listed or available to purchase until they are in their possession. Frustrating. Could cancel my order but then that's a whole new set of issues, then finding another one, blah, blah, blah..... I'll give in another couple weeks, if it doesn't become available, I'll go through the refund process. Meanwhile I'll be looking elsewhere to find one.

You don't have to really look that far .. Focal has them. They sold out last week but I was told yesterday that their new shipment hit the US over the weekend, so they should go up shortly.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
I did do some quick tests when I first got it .. I can't remember what resistance I was firing, but the voltage output was within .1 of the display. I will do some again tomorrow and post here. :)

In the meantime .. look what I got for roxy :banana: They said they need about another 7-15 days to complete their first production batch, so this is just one completed sample. :)

MPX9V3Xl.jpg

Oh em gee. YES PLEASE!!!

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States

Probably a better choice to get 15 more watts and 3 day shipping for $15ish more. As Nicole said, Focal will have their new stock listed any time now.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
My battery level indicator has stopped working altogether on my Yosen Zero. It wasn't accurate to begin with.

Looking forward to getting the SX when its back in stock.

Oh no .. I realize that I am late, but that sucks major ..... I guess you will be doing that transplant after all. SXK really sucks at this, and that is why I am not jumping on their Vapor Flask, even though I have waited ages, I will wait for this other manufacturer to complete their version.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Hey Nikki, so do you know if the wood sleeve be removable? I would love to get one with a real wood sleeve. I sent my Yosen zero back due to an autofire issue, and it looks like I may be picking one of these up. A lot of the pictures i've seen, there are gaps between the frame of the body and the sleeve. For some reason I feel like that would bother me. We need some more pictures in here.

I have to ask if the sleeve will be removable, I have assumed that it will not be .. I don't have any unsightly gaps on my SX Zero. Here is min when I first received it .. and hands down it is the better choice over the Yosen, and that is coming from someone who got three good ones from Yosen. Overall fit and finish is better than Yosen/SXK ..

ZlfK9oO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread