Status
Not open for further replies.

fat1

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Shinnston, WV
looking for a place to buy HS RY4 in bulk. Obviously RTS is the only option for >50ml but after reading nearly 200 pages of this thread it appears the consensus is RTS is diluted or inconsistent, correct? I have been using the 10ml bottle I got from bullcity vapor at 3% but if RTS would require 6% then obviously the math dictates bullcity or buyhangsen as the better deal

CoilMeister

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Mn
Kurt, could you share what you mix RY1 with? I have tried vanilla but looking for another tobacco combination with RY1.

Tobacco diy taste is very subjective so what I like you may not. I like my tobacco taste strong but not throat burning and you could start out 25% lower on the flavors if you prefer a more mild version. The 2 that I have been working with and still tweaking are:

Drops are from original manufacturer bottle tips.

DRY1
70/30 10ml
Hangsen RY1 3.3% 20 drops
Dark Tobacco WG INW 1.3% 8 drops: to me it is similar to the old Tareyton cigarette.

East of RY
70/30 10ml
Hangsen RY1 3% 18 drops
East Coast Tobacco FW 3% 14 drops: To me it is similar to the old True cigarette with a "grassy" note ( The ones with the weird recessed filter)

Let me know if these are palatable for you.
Kurt

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
looking for a place to buy HS RY4 in bulk. Obviously RTS is the only option for >50ml but after reading nearly 200 pages of this thread it appears the consensus is RTS is diluted or inconsistent, correct? I have been using the 10ml bottle I got from bullcity vapor at 3% but if RTS would require 6% then obviously the math dictates bullcity or buyhangsen as the better deal

I still have a 120ml RY4 bottle from RTS ,i usually have to run it at 10%
i just wish buyhangsen or bull city had 50ml or bigger bottles

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've been using the RY1 as a base, it was taking such a high percentage solo to get good taste for me so I decided to try it as a base and have been very happy with it this way, it seems to merge well into other tobacco flavors. my:2c:

Kurt

RY1 Makes a great base for a custom ry4. The ry4 to me is to sweet but the ry1 allows me to custom mix my caramel to the exact sweetness I like.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

I still have a 120ml RY4 bottle from RTS ,i usually have to run it at 10%
i just wish buyhangsen or bull city had 50ml or bigger bottles

If your buying hangsen in bulk RTS is the better choice over all the venders that rebottle. I find RTS pretty consistent with the original hangsen sold by bullcity and buyhangsen. You may be able to get a deal if you email bullcity or buyhangsen and discuss it with them. Buyhangsen are really good people to deal with and they will work with you. They do sell 50ml bottles of the more popular flavors. Buyhangsen also has some discount codes you can use FirstOrder! will give you a 10% discount on your first order and ECF for a 5% discount for returning ECF members. If these codes don't work let me know and I'll get a hold of Tom at buyhangsen and have him reactivate them.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I've just tried Hangsen Mild Blend. Very strange taste.

I also had the RY2 and even at 8% was very dull?.. thought it would be a less sweet version of RY4 but it was a totally different animal. What can I expect of the RY1?

You can expect a dry tobacco taste with no sweetness or taste from caramel or vanilla.

fat1

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Shinnston, WV
If your buying hangsen in bulk RTS is the better choice over all the venders that rebottle. I find RTS pretty consistent with the original hangsen sold by bullcity and buyhangsen. You may be able to get a deal if you email bullcity or buyhangsen and discuss it with them. Buyhangsen are really good people to deal with and they will work with you. They do sell 50ml bottles of the more popular flavors. Buyhangsen also has some discount codes you can use FirstOrder! will give you a 10% discount on your first order and ECF for a 5% discount for returning ECF members. If these codes don't work let me know and I'll get a hold of Tom at buyhangsen and have him reactivate them.

By bulk I just mean 250ml, which RTS carries but I got the impression from this thread that it was weaker than the originals. I have formulated a good recipe for us based on the 10ml bottled originals from bullcity so I would hate to invest $75-$150 at RTS to find that it takes several extra percent to equal what we have now. That would make buyhangsen the better choice at $20/50ml vs $76/250ml from RTS...all over a couple percent lol

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
By bulk I just mean 250ml, which RTS carries but I got the impression from this thread that it was weaker than the originals. I have formulated a good recipe for us based on the 10ml bottled originals from bullcity so I would hate to invest $75-$150 at RTS to find that it takes several extra percent to equal what we have now. That would make buyhangsen the better choice at $20/50ml vs $76/250ml from RTS...all over a couple percent lol

I've never delt in quantities over 30 ml but I have read that several venders including RTS have had inconsistancies between there small amounts and there larger quantities. So it's really a crap shoot. In that case maybe it would be wise to contact the venders that sell the original hangsen and see what they can do for you..

fat1

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Shinnston, WV
I had read the same comments Sir. well according to hkhangsen rtsvapes is not directly authorized but they purchase from a trading company who is authorized so they (hkhangsen) signed off on the product being authentic. To be clear, RTS has been absolutely GREAT to deal with and I had no doubts to the authenticity and am actually asking all these questions because I really prefer to keep my business with RTS. However it changes hands twice on the way here and I am not really interested in another round of testing for new numbers. I have reached out to buyhangsen and hkhangsen in regards to 250ml or 500ml quantities so we will see what the recommendation is, obviously the safe bet is buyhangsen, RTS isn't THAT much cheaper for 250ml (about $20, even at retail) and as mentioned earlier requiring even 7% ratio to meet the same flavor as 5% legit negates the price difference on this scale. No big deal but inquiring minds want to know

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I've had Arabic from rts and buyhangsen. They are different. The bH seems richer making me think it is stronger. It's my adv at 3.33% with rts. The buy hangsen probably needs to be around 2.8 to match. I know when I mixed rts stronger I got the richer taste I'm getting from the bH @ 3.33. I will play with bH percentage soon. It seems like its about 15% stronger than rts was. Arabic gets a little rich like rum at higher % & more just spice at the lower %

The difference is probably the age and air contamination from opening the mother load to bottle it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Hey all, I'm looking for a tobacco that is close to Indian Tobacco. My last order from RTS didn't taste anything like the Indian I'm used to, and the order of Indian from BullCity tastes off as well. Is it possible that the latest lot # from Hangsens is different than usual? It's not just my taste buds either as a friend from work said it is...'really bad'. I used the same recipe that has been my ADV for the past 8 months and made several batches to make sure I didn't somehow mess it up.

Anyway, I'm looking for another mild tobacco that is semi-sweet tasting with a hint of 'grassy' flavor. Any suggestions?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Hey all, I'm looking for a tobacco that is close to Indian Tobacco. My last order from RTS didn't taste anything like the Indian I'm used to, and the order of Indian from BullCity tastes off as well. Is it possible that the latest lot # from Hangsens is different than usual? It's not just my taste buds either as a friend from work said it is...'really bad'. I used the same recipe that has been my ADV for the past 8 months and made several batches to make sure I didn't somehow mess it up.

Anyway, I'm looking for another mild tobacco that is semi-sweet tasting with a hint of 'grassy' flavor. Any suggestions?

Have you tried the indian from Hangsen Indian Tobacco Flavoring Concentrate (Essence) 10ml - BuyHangsen.com It's original hangsen product and not the rebottled stuff.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Oh boy...does BullCity rebottle their juice?

I have not ordered hangsen from there but others say no. I found buyhangsen's products to be exactly what I expect so I've found no reason to switch away from them.

Last edited:

fat1

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Shinnston, WV
Bullcity does not rebottle anything...yet. According to an email exchange directly with hkhangsen (the factory) they provide 100ml, 500ml and 1 liter bottles. MOQ of 10liters required to order direct. So to call them "factory" bottles for anything under 100ml is apparently incorrect. There is another middleman somewhere over there providing these kickass green labeled bottles everyone seems to have the best success with and most faith in. Just to clarify

fat1

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Shinnston, WV
I suspected as much. I would say the info I am receiving from vendors is based on the MOQ for various sizes, some say they can get 10, 30, 100, 500, 1000ml. Others say 10, 50, 500, 1000. Some say 10, 250, 1000. It just seems odd but I'd say they just don't want to mess with certain quantities due to the minimum order size

What threw me for a loop was the factory stating 100ml as their smallest size but that may have been a slight language barrier and the way the question was phrased as I was actually inquiring about an authorized vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread