Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
I don't know, I mean unless you are constantly pimping out the vendors stuff, yeah that'd be a problem, but these guys are still vapers, and they promote a lot of other vendors too.

I mean, Cisco is a vendor, but he is also a guy with a very respected opinion as well.

mikejm:8197055 said:
And this is one of the pillars of our community...

Not really. He was a host on shmape team. Just because somebody pops in on one of these venu's doesn't mean you hand them any credibility.

They still think there is no conflict of interest in having vendors as hosts and they did nothing wrong.

StarkSky

Jan 21, 2012
Texas
Santini, JK, And Debook. Thanks for calling into the show and adding some voices. I did listen and I am of the opinion as one of the VP members, forget which said it, that Jason has taken the money to pay other debts. Now this does not mean we will not see any JBox's. I highly doubt they will be of any quality being produced under the kind of time line Jason stated in the mass email, and the warranty on the site clearly states "from the date of purchase". So in effect there will be no warrant on mine or JK's boxes, both ordered on Sept 5th., or any others. I have been some what put off by some of the post here and on the chat for the show. Calling this a witch hunt ect... That is ridiculous to say and could only come from those that have not lost money on this. I do get that it is my job to be more diligent in researching whom I purchase from. That being said 80% of the mods out there are bought via trust garnished from this very community. I had never heard of GLV, Monkeybox, darwin, GG's, DID, and on and on until i came here. I still am a member here and will continue to be, as this is an awesome place! How can we call something a witch hunt when I see this as calling out those that try to capitalize on this community and its members? Jason's jbox debacle/scam could become a pee under the mattress, and Jason and those to sure come after should be called out immediately and run out of town so to speak. To all, I wish y'all the best, and a fantastic 2013. To those that see this community as an exploit ... Karma.

Singha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Paris-Fr
I tried yesterday to do a checkout and had this message
Sorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods for your state. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements.

Someone checked and confirmed that the website is not taking any more orders at this time.

So, at least that part of what was in the e-mail was followed through with.

mikejm

Moved On
Dec 5, 2012
United States
I don't know, I mean unless you are constantly pimping out the vendors stuff, yeah that'd be a problem, but these guys are still vapers, and they promote a lot of other vendors too.

I mean, Cisco is a vendor, but he is also a guy with a very respected opinion as well.

I don't know how you can think that after being burned yourself. Cisco, good vendor, good host, good vapor. Jason, bad vendor, good host, good vapor. You would think Jason is like Cisco because they are both on the same show. By being on the show you think he's straight up, It is a conflict of interest to create an unbiassed appearance and have vendors as hosts. They should only occasionally appear as guests and not participate in the editorial content of the programming. Omce they are involved in that it becomes an infomercial.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
I didn't compare Jason to Cisco. What I said is that Cisco is a vendor with a valued opinion. There's a reason why Cisco was on the show tonight. Did ever cross your mind, "why is a vendor who has nothing to do with this situation whatsoever on this show"? The answer is obvious to anyone tuning in, Cisco is someone in this community that commands respect, and that's because he pulls no punches.

A bad vendor, doesn't mean all vendors are bad, Jeanie K did a show on DIY, and had a few prominent vendors on, why? Because these vendors happen to know their stuff.

The fact is, the Vape Team was never at any time an infomercial for the JBox, they have never talked about Monkey Cream to my knowledge. Hell, they have basically ran infomercials for the MVP though, which I know Jason doesn't sell, and I don't think CJ does either.

And think about it this way, lets say Jason had never been on the show, don't you think that they still would have covered the JBox? I know for a fact they would have because they were all over the Opus a couple of months earlier, and they have covered every other DNA mod that has come out to date.

So the issue of vendors on the show is a moot point as far as this issue is concerned, Jason being a part of the Vape Team, or not, changes nothing about this. In fact, the one thing we may have working for us is that his friends are caught in the backlash, and may be a motivating factor in him making this right.
mikejm:8197438 said:

I don't know how you can think that after being burned yourself. Cisco, good vendor, good host, good vapor. Jason, bad vendor, good host, good vapor. You would think Jason is like Cisco because they are both on the same show. By being on the show you think he's straight up, It is a conflict of interest to create an unbiassed appearance and have vendors as hosts. They should only occasionally appear as guests and not participate in the editorial content of the programming. Omce they are involved in that it becomes an infomercial.

Sweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
St. louis
Just want to add at least one person can blame me for this situation and that would be seventhstreet. He has been so excited about getting his jbox and as the days went by I kept telling him your never going to get it lol. I really feel bad for him and everyone affected. I think he and a few other people have hope that they will eventually have a jbox, but after listening to the show tonight I would most likely ask for a refund and take the appropriate actions. God forbid even if they come in that something happens because how the hell will you get ahold of this guy? I think any type of warranty is garbage.

Seventhstreet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Stl
Ok missed the show but I can see from what I'm reading I missed exactly what I assumed I would they came on said what they could and I'm guessing called the guy so we have till the end of January to figure this out and it would be best for all those affected to figure out our best course of action if no jboxes show up then something needs to be done legal action is one way to do it I think an email to PayPal explaining the situation for the 27+ missing orders may help out if we can band together to talk to PayPal but then again we are buying ecig stuff and Paypal gets all sad faced about that stuff

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Here's what little bit of "news" I have about the situation:

From Seller - JboxShop 1/2/2013 09:22 PST
Because of the amount of materials, components and labor I have put into your product already I am going to have to stick with the Terms and Conditions to my site, you will have get your product, Thank You

Terms and Conditions on my site :

Returns and/or Refunds

All sales are final and under no circumstances will a refund be issued for products sold by JboxShop. All of the JboxShop products are custom made to order thus they are sold "as is". Being that the Jbox is a custom made device and do to the costs up front no refunds will be issued even under unforeseen circumstances.

From Buyer - Drew Jackson1/2/2013 09:51 PST
That is understandable. Are you going to start responding to e-mails sent to you via your website, or should I just leave this open until I get a response from you regarding e-mails sent to you via your website?

That sounds condescending and I don't mean it that way. I'm genuinely curious if you will be able to start responding to e-mails regarding orders placed?

I know you don't "owe" me or anyone else that, but it would be nice to be kept up to date regarding our orders.

Thanks in advance for any info about this ordeal.

-Drew-

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
A few orders a month for the 27 orders that have paid so far means it would take him 9 months to get one out to everyone. ????!!????

Take a look at that email he sent Drewbalicious and read it closely a couple of times. Not only is he refusing to give anyones money back but hes also saying that the products are sold "as-is".

I know I said I wasnt going to post anymore but some of the posts in this thread makes me wonder if some people dont actually deserve to get taken advantage of.Theyre certainly making it easy enough for him (or someone else) by spouting all this passive,liberal b.s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread