The "JBox" Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejm

Moved On
Dec 5, 2012
United States
No matter what you can't make a whole group responsible for actions of one member unless the group knew what he was doing. I doubt that's the case here. Yes they advertized the product but they advertize whole bunch of products all the time.

Nobodies making shmape team legally accountable. Just questioning whether their show is worth any respect.

mikejm

Moved On
Dec 5, 2012
United States
I have an interesting idea from someone who shall remain nameless, but they live nearish to our.....I was gonna say...friend...sarcasm implied, but you guys have proven to be a sour bunch lately, loll.

Anyway they live in a close proximity to Jason, and have a relative who is a police officer, and this person has offered, if we get him his address and name to send him to his house.

Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

A people search of Jason E Boyse in Mesa would cost 30.00 and likely lead you right to his porch. It's the same guy.

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
I have an interesting idea from someone who shall remain nameless, but they live nearish to our.....I was gonna say...friend...sarcasm implied, but you guys have proven to be a sour bunch lately, loll.

Anyway they live in a close proximity to Jason, and have a relative who is a police officer, and this person has offered, if we get him his address and name to send him to his house.

Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

Going to his house I'd say is a bit drastic. But if you're friend wanted to go by his place of business and talk to him about it, that's a different story. His business would be a little more "public". Rolling up at his house might piss him off a little more than he already is. Just my :2c:.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Thumbs down, not a good idea. He said he'd get this cleaned up this month which I'm really hoping he does, for me I'd like nothing more than to get my Jbox this month and move on. I'm willing to wait a few more weeks if this can be resolved by then, but he'll need to keep communicating. That's been the main issue with this, the complete lack of communication on his part.

I know others will disagree or have other concerns, but that's where I'm at.

That being said, I haven't heard anything from him since the mass email. He stated he would be communicating with each of us directly, wonder when this will take place.

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
Hate to be the bearer for bad news BUT

This is a civil matter. The police can do absolutely nothing. They certainly aren't going to hold his hand all the way to the ATM, then follow him to the post office or supervise the production. That guy knows that, too. Sending police to the house (assuming this is even the right guy home address) is a waste of everyone's time.

Like everyone else, I hope everything works out, and am truly sorry those of you with the pending orders that are in a state of purgatory. This guy has cornered you, then sited his no-exchange, no-refund policy when he hasn't made good on what was initially promised. My sympathies for his personal situation died when he sent that mechanical response to Drew.

Good luck in the future friends.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Ok I think some of you misread the intent,
1. It was/is not about threatening him or doing any harm to him
2. This is a criminal matter, the problem with it being a criminal matter is that none of us actually live close enough to meet the requirement that most departments require for a criminal complaint.

If you wanted to fly to Arizona and file a complaint in person they would investigate it. But if you call on the phone....lots of luck.

StarkSky

Jan 21, 2012
Texas
They certainly aren't going to hold his hand all the way to the ATM, then follow him to the post office or supervise the production.
HA! That gave me funny ideas... I crack myself up......

Agreed, I'm inclined to wait a little longer to give him the chance to make good on what he told us. He needs to keep up the communication tho.

Sundown February 1st. then times up.. Waa ou wa wa ou wa ou.. horrible impression of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly song.. sorry. :blush:

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
JBOX said:
"Now that some things are behind, me my plan is to finish up all of the current orders and try to have everything complete in January."
"Contrary to popular belief, I have 27 outstanding orders on the books and several of these are people that are waiting on an upgrade that needs testing before final release."
With 27 days left in January, that would average at very least a Jbox per day. With ordering supply, build, curing process, and testing - seems pretty unrealistic to me.......it's almost like his email is a lie to buy himself time. And with this reality why do people act like he could redeem himself.....I'd be impressed if he did.

JBOX said:
"With that happening and being a single father raising my two children,"

awe poor poor guy :( ....I mean - poor children. Statements like this aren't made for no reason at all , I could make some but I'm not looking for attention, or would I use it to right anyone I've wronged ;)

JBOX WEBSITE said:
"All sales are final and under no circumstances will a refund be issued for products sold by JboxShop."

"Indemnification."
"You agree to indemnify and hold harmless JboxShop, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation of this Agreement."

"Indemnification." It means to hold harmless. Free of blame or fault "but not limited to".

Read the email again...it has 27 references of "I"," me", and "my". Nothing really about references to the customers.

My friends............... this has SCAM written all over it. Period.

We are all victims, including Dimitris and the vape Team.

IMHO ...... He's already gotten away with it.

Last edited:

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Here's the thing, we will know real quick whether or not he is full of S.

In the email he sent out in October he talked about an issue with the curing process, but more than that he said this

" I have a lot of Jboxs going out in the next week or so, if yours is one of them you will be getting tracking info email."

Now I'm guessing those never got sent. Presumably they were finished or very near finished. He should be sending some out in very quick order, if he is being truthful. If I don't see someone post buy, I'll say the 15th, that they got shipping notification or got their JBox, I'm going to take it on its face as he was just buying time.

This is all assuming that he didn't set out to rip people off and was working all along, then just got overwhelmed and at the worst possible time had the unthinkable happen, which caused him to go into a shell for a month or so, leaving many of the devices in a state of just begun, half done, near done, and so on.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville

In the email he sent out in October he talked about an issue with the curing process, but more than that he said this

" I have a lot of Jboxs going out in the next week or so, if yours is one of them you will be getting tracking info email."

Now I'm guessing those never got sent. Presumably they were finished or very near finished. He should be sending some out in very quick order, if he is being truthful. If I don't see someone post buy, I'll say the 15th, that they got shipping notification or got their JBox, I'm going to take it on its face as he was just buying time.

This is all assuming that he didn't set out to rip people off and was working all along, then just got overwhelmed and at the worst possible time had the unthinkable happen, which caused him to go into a shell for a month or so, leaving many of the devices in a state of just begun, half done, near done, and so on.

Has no-one heard from this guy? My thoughts go to... what if he was in a bad accident or something. One of my friends was dating this guy online when all communications were just severed all of a sudden. We all just thought he was a jerk. But his brother eventually got around to checking his email and tieing up loose ends for him. He was in a comma. When he awoke he had amnesia and had no clue who anyone was. pretty sad.

Legend_of_Ryan

Jan 3, 2013
California

please post if anyone hears or receives anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread