The Lurker Thread

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning kn0tty, Joey (albeit super early) and Dale :wub:

Need to figure out a way to get my rice a little crispier, more fried like consistency. I made the rice the night before and tried frying it in a pan with a little sesame oil before combining all the ingredients. Ham fried rice sounds good.

Glad you didn’t have to work the full 8 hours, Joey!!
    Good morning Sara :wub:
    I think it depends on what kind of rice you use but don’t ask me which is best :laugh:

• Informative
    Reactions: Sara Love

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Good afternoon all...I need a nap. :blink::blink:
    I soooooo wish I could sleep and actually FEEL like I've slept. LoL

Sounds like everyone is doing well...finally we have nice weather in the forecast, has been raining for I can't tell you how long.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good evening y’all, we just finished with some spaghetti and garlic bread:). Now I’m having some cocoa mint tea with chocolate creamer.

Good afternoon all...I need a nap. :blink::blink:
    I soooooo wish I could sleep and actually FEEL like I've slept. LoL

Sounds like everyone is doing well...finally we have nice weather in the forecast, has been raining for I can't tell you how long.
    ‘Hi Lori :wub:

Tell me about it, sometimes I seem to feel more tired when I wake up :facepalm:

We’ve had a lot of rain but I think it’s about to come to a screeching halt. Gonna get miserable hot now.

That is a very good suggestion. We have jasmine on hand. I will google for different kinds. :thumb:
    Did you find anything? :?:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good morning Dale and lurkers :wub:

Hahaha yeah, this is what I found: Fried rice is usually made of the same rice as plain white rice, long grain or jasmine rice. Home style friend rice, typically uses day old rice, but restaurants will use fresh cooked rice, just made with less water to make the rice a bit less sticky. :facepalm: Jasmine is what we have. Guess I need to work on my technique or have one of those hibachi grills installed :lol:

I make the rice in the instant pot. Don’t think I can reduce the water.

Spaghetti with garlic bread sounds like heaven. We haven’t had that in awhile. Your tea sounded yummy too!!

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Hahaha yeah, this is what I found: Fried rice is usually made of the same rice as plain white rice, long grain or jasmine rice. Home style friend rice, typically uses day old rice, but restaurants will use fresh cooked rice, just made with less water to make the rice a bit less sticky. :facepalm: Jasmine is what we have. Guess I need to work on my technique or have one of those hibachi grills installed :lol:

I make the rice in the instant pot. Don’t think I can reduce the water.

Spaghetti with garlic bread sounds like heaven. We haven’t had that in awhile. Your tea sounded yummy too!!

‘Yeah, I researched it too and saw the same. Knew you were supposed to use day old rice but wasn’t sure how much the type meant .... apparently not a lot.

That tea with the chocolate cream creamer is delicious, you should try it sometime ;)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    screen-2.jpg

8f249805f9ea56f7adda6c22522947b4.gif

ACVB_photo_breakfastburrito_422ca49e-5024-4398-b231-3823c70ea62b.jpg

dl1.jpg

flower-divider-png-1.png

hate-angelou.jpg

18bcf934f91b35ffc5765a8d15ed9d36.jpg

flower-divider-png-1.png

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

Such a sad time we are living in. We are better than this!

Your quotes this morning are perfect. Always love reading Maya Angelou’s words.
    Was up late watching the live news feeds. Buffalo was not spared but we are extremely fortunate that it wasn’t worse.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Such a sad time we are living in. We are better than this!

Your quotes this morning are perfect. Always love reading Maya Angelou’s words.
    Was up late watching the live news feeds. Buffalo was not spared but we are extremely fortunate that it wasn’t worse.

Yes it is a sad time :( Are you in danger? :(

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Good morning Joey :wub:

We are not in any danger. Outskirts of the area. Thank you for asking :wub:

Rockford, is that where you are? Stay safe.
    Hiya Sara :wub:

I live Machesney Park about 10 miles from rockford. Nothing happened here.

Users who are viewing this thread