The Lurker Thread

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
That book ...TMI ! :lol:
Just for clarity, I meant I would try to keep my fingers still so I would not post any more tonight about me and dad.
unnamed.gif
Not going to sleep because the book is good and the recliner is not.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Uggg. It’s going to be a long day. :facepalm: Took forever to fall asleep and staying asleep was another story.
You took the words right outta my mouth! I have always believed that in order to heal, one needed to get rest. That is a pretty rare event in the hospital.

I suppose people enjoy breakfast at this time of day. Not only do I not eat breakfast but I can hardly stand to smell it. Oh well, I am glad that dad is eating because he did not eat much for supper. He has pancakes and sausage. But to be honest, I prefer Dale's. heehee

I am going to have to check the weather. Not sure if it is going to rain or because of this chair I am sleeping in. I could hardly move this morning.

No, I did not finish my book but I am sure my day will improve when I get back to it!

Have a good day all. :wub:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Sara Rat2 and Fran :wub:

‘Oh Sara :( You stressed too much about going back to work didn’t you :(
    I slept good but it was probably due to the Benadryl I took for my itchy throat.

Rat2! I thought I was the only person who felt that way about breakfast! DH gets straight out of bed and starts eating . Some of the stuff he cooks makes an unholy stench :eek: The same food that smells good at 5 or 6 p.m. :confused:o_O

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Four doctors came in this morning and after careful consideration, they agree with me about discharging dad. One of the doctors I have worked with the last two visits and he told the others that I was more than capable of taking care of him at home.

So I am in git-r-done mode and darn close to taking out his cath and wires to help them discharge him. heehee You know I can be quite a little motivator.

Thank y'all again for reading so much about me and dad. It is just a part of me and has been for most of my life. I'll try to check back in after I get him settled and I finally get to shower. I am not sure how long it takes to go through 50 gallon of hot water but I'll letcha know.
    unnamed.gif

Reactions: daleron

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Evidently "hospital time" and "my time" is not in sync. I am still waiting patiently for his discharge. Everything is packed and ready to go on my end.

Since I have been at the hospital, my spam folder has changed drastically. It has gone from "check your credit score and erectile dysfunction" to "cardiac arrest and what swollen feet mean". Tell me we are not being tracked. heehee I know better. This is not just a coincidence.

I don't care. Follow me all you want. I do however put tape over my webcam when not in use.

Still waiting patiently. . .
    unnamed.gif

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good evening Rat2, Fran, Dale and Joey :wub:

Hospitals are definitely not for resting! It’s crazy the amount of disruptions in a single night.

More often than not I could skip breakfast.

Sundays are always hard for me. Yeah, it definitely has to do with work ;):lol:

Oh no, Joey. Hopefully this is the last of repairs for you for awhile.

Day one of quick and easy summer meals was a success. Blt’s :banana:

Hope you all had a nice day!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Of course, it started pouring when I finally got dad discharged. We picked up his meds on the way home, pickup up his retirement check at my aunts, went to the bank to deposit it and finally got him home and into his chair just in time for me to get his supper ready.

He is glad to be home but extremely tired. I have been busy since he went to bed. At some point, I will more than likely crash. I have so much energy right now. I did something tonight that I have never done before and I am almost ashamed to admit it. I put on a pot of water to make myself some fresh tea and got busy and totally forgot about it. I am not talking it boiled over. No, no, no. I am talking it boiled away. I have hidden the pot and will dispose of the evidence next trash day. If dad knew that, I would probably have to take him back to the hospital. But dad is not going to know.
    unnamed.gif

I have forbidden him to walk anywhere at any time without me being with him. There is no way he is steady enough for right now.

I took him to the ER Friday morning. All those x-ray and I did not find out until this morning that he had a compression fracture of his L5. He complained about his back and I would ask the nurse for Tylenol. None of them told me why he was hurting. Not that I could do anything to change it but I did not like the fact that I was not told for 3 days. He saw the PT 3 times and walked for them 2 times and they never said anything to me except that he needed home visits. Dad said absolutely not. She kept on talking about it and I finally told her I had been back home 7 years and we had only had 2 visitors and she finally gave up. I will have to do research on it though and figure out what we need to do to strengthen his spine as much as possible.

That is enough about that. I am going to go get up our meds that I did not do Sunday. And he missed his hair appointment Sunday too so I will be cutting his hair tomorrow. And I am definitely going to try to get a walk in. That is part of my problem. There was a wonderful place to walk at the hospital and I tried for 2 nights but after 20 minutes with the mask on, I started getting a faint feeling. Not sure if it was the mask or my lack of eating or just because I was tired. Probably all 3.

Y'all have a great day. :wub:

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Good afternoon everyone :wub:

rat2 I hope your dad back starts feeling better and you get some rest :wub:

Glad I had a home warranty the water heater replacement cost was under $500 :). Tomorrow morning is the a/c unit in the basement, I cleaned out the drain hose no more water on the floor. Hopefully they clean out the inside so it doesn’t happen again.

Hope you all have a great day :wub:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good afternoon everyone :wub:

rat2 I hope your dad back starts feeling better and you get some rest :wub:

Glad I had a home warranty the water heater replacement cost was under $500 :). Tomorrow morning is the a/c unit in the basement, I cleaned out the drain hose no more water on the floor. Hopefully they clean out the inside so it doesn’t happen again.

Hope you all have a great day :wub:
    Good afternoon Joey :wub:
    It never ends does it?
    We’re having a bit of a financial drain too but ours are hearing aids and two cars needing work.

I’m starving and DH just left to take the grand girls home so still have to wait.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good evening lurkers :wub:

Hoping your DH brings you dinner, Dale.

That’s great news about the warranty, Joey. Hopefully the ac goes as smoothly.

I grabbed a pizza on the way home. Dh is under the weather. Tested negative for covid so hopefully just a nasty bug.
    Good evening Sara :wub:
    Sorry your hubby isn’t feeling well :( First kiddo now him.

No I had supper planned just had to postpone for a bit, we split a ribeye with corn on the cob and baked potatoes.

Users who are viewing this thread