The Official Canvape Vamo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I have received the shiney VAMO I won last Tuesday from Canvape on the Vaptastick show. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.....LUVVVVVV it!!! My vivi makes a vibrating noise on it......LOL

Yes ,,, the atty may generate a 'fluttering' noise. It is odd, I think it depends on how tight the coil is wrapped to the wick and resistance. Hard to pin point what might be causing it as the vibrating/fluttering is random. The device is PWM which is most likely the cause ,,, you are hearing the Pulsing in action.

Jester4

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Brampton, Ont
Got some canvape mail today and thought to myself weird since I just ordered it Sunday night. I tore open the package and thought "what the hell? I didn't order this vamo yet....." Then I realized it wasn't my order, but a Christmas gift from the wife that I happen to grab first from the mailbox. I was in trouble and wrecked the package so she would know for sure I opened it. So what did I do? Well, I grabbed some tuck tape I have in the garage (its red tape for you that don't know), and pieced together the original packaging using the red tape to make it look like it was ripped by Canada post by accident and they fixed it before delivery. Hehe I hope I'm not in trouble. I think it worked cause she didn't say anything to me. I checked, and MY package will be here tomorrow........oops :)

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
Got some canvape mail today and thought to myself weird since I just ordered it Sunday night. I tore open the package and thought "what the hell? I didn't order this vamo yet....." Then I realized it wasn't my order, but a Christmas gift from the wife that I happen to grab first from the mailbox. I was in trouble and wrecked the package so she would know for sure I opened it. So what did I do? Well, I grabbed some tuck tape I have in the garage (its red tape for you that don't know), and pieced together the original packaging using the red tape to make it look like it was ripped by Canada post by accident and they fixed it before delivery. Hehe I hope I'm not in trouble. I think it worked cause she didn't say anything to me. I checked, and MY package will be here tomorrow........oops :)

I made sure that there was no xmas trickery going on so I can make an order and not ruin xmas. :) Looks like I'm free to get what I want!

RicZilla

May 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
So far I love it It seems to really hit hard I'm using a Smoketech 1.7 ohm single coil carto and I'm vaping at around 3.1 3.3 V I still don't get what's the fuss over the watts thing. I use a 2.8 vivi at 4.5 W Max and my recoiled 3.2 ohm vivi I have to set it to 7W to get a decent vape. The +button on mine is really loose it rattles when you pick it up and if you put i on it side and it rolls on the + button it will increase the voltage or stay stuck and change from RMS to AVG.

Does it default to RMS when you change the batteries ? I'm never sure what mode i'm in.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
So far I love it It seems to really hit hard I'm using a Smoketech 1.7 ohm single coil carto and I'm vaping at around 3.1 3.3 V I still don't get what's the fuss over the watts thing. I use a 2.8 vivi at 4.5 W Max and my recoiled 3.2 ohm vivi I have to set it to 7W to get a decent vape. The +button on mine is really loose it rattles when you pick it up and if you put i on it side and it rolls on the + button it will increase the voltage or stay stuck and change from RMS to AVG.

Does it default to RMS when you change the batteries ? I'm never sure what mode i'm in.

Mine defaults to N01 (avg) when you change the batts. To change from avg to rms hold the right button for about 10 seconds.

I would say that 7 watts is about right for a 3.2 ohm coil.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I watched the review by pbusardo today. Good review. Here is the link

A PBusardo Review - The Vamo - YouTube

In regards to my previous post, I erred. Most of the settings including the value for N01/N02 remain when the battery is swapped.

Phil is of the opinion that the Vamo performs best using two 18350s (stacked). I fully agree with him.

Watch Phil's video for more info.

Last edited:

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
I just received my Vamo tonight after work, been vaping on it for like 1h at most, and I'm stocked! This thing hits like a freight train with an Efest 18650 that came in the package and even on the "pre-charge" of 3.7 volt on the battery this things kicks like a donkey...
I've tried a few RBA/RTA on it in the last hour and it amazes me, all my RBA's are around 1.8 to 2.2 ohms and at 8.5w its quite a good vape, I even compared it to my Legacy+kick at 8.5w and its pretty consistent. All in all I'm loving this Vamo more than I thought. The build quality seems pretty good, way better than my v1 lavatube from last year, and even at low voltage on the battery it keeps up, which the v1 Lavatube didn't do quite well. GOOD JOB Canvape !

RicZilla

May 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I watched the review by pbusardo today. Good review. Here is the link

A PBusardo Review - The Vamo - YouTube

In regards to my previous post, I erred. Most of the settings including the value for N01/N02 remain when the battery is swapped.

Phil is of the opinion that the Vamo performs best using two 18350s (stacked). I fully agree with him.

Watch Phil's video for more info.

Yeah been playing around with it a bit more and it seems to remember a few setting would of been nice if it would keep the V or W minor annoyance. Really a good replacement for my LT 1.0 for a fraction of the price and a much more durable case. And can push those low oms carto's without missing a beat.

I would not use it too much in stacked config, using unbalanced Lithium batteries in series is not the best idea as the voltages start to drift from each cells and one starts working much harder than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread