The XHALER Sneak Peek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Lemme see. I design a new mod, and through R&D and maybe some luck I come up with an alloy that allows me to produce the thing without having to use a discrete resistor, solder, or mechanical attachment means. Not necessarily revolutionary... but it's clever and it is a differentiating factor between me and my competition.

And then a consumer comes along and says that he won't buy ONE of my units if I don't tell him what my magic alloy is, thus handing my advantage over to the competition.

Hmmmmmmm...... see ya!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I don;t get this....if the body of the mod is the actual resistor then you won;t be able to use it as a 3.7v device. I thought that Drew had created a mechanical resistor that could be removed...or else I don;t see how it can be used as a 3.7v device.....it will be like the Prodigy a 5v device only. I am pretty sure some wrong info is being passed here. Drew, please clear it up.

If I am correct and it is a mechanical resistor that can be removed....Drew is absolutely right to keep the composition of the resistor a secret. However, what material the tubing is made of should be revealed IMHO. Forget about conductivity....what matters is the weight. I have passed on mods that were made out of Brass because it was obvious that they were going to be very heavy for their size.

NoMorButts4Me

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Lenox Hill, NYC
...Plus the Drama squad seems to be starting there usual $h!t over in in the other forum...I guess they got tired of fighting each other and are tryin to drag someone else in??? I aint got time for them, if they keep it up I will send Xhaler Man over there!!!! NANANANananananaNANANANAXHALE!!!!

Where is this brawl occuring? Anyone?

Who are the Drama squad? EMWTK.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
If I am correct and it is a mechanical resistor that can be removed....Drew is absolutely right to keep the composition of the resistor a secret. However, what material the tubing is made of should be revealed IMHO. Forget about conductivity....what matters is the weight. I have passed on mods that were made out of Brass because it was obvious that they were going to be very heavy for their size.

If you're interested in the weight... then ask what the weight is! :rolleyes:

Drew stick to your guns mang! Keep those trade secrets well frigging secret. As long as there is no lead or DU or asbestos I am trusting.
I for one will be buying one along with other mods from other vendors that are doing the mod route.
I like choices and slight differences.
Nhaler mod, BB, Chuck are all on my wish lists and looking forward to a choice in voltages.
For those of you poo flingers who are being rude, I speak for myself.. Go about your demanding and less than class acting else where.

Buy or don't buy, your choice.
You have no right to bash anyone in this forum for not letting the design cat out of the bag yet.
Let alone something you spend zero frigging time nor money on.
You creeps do not have an interest in being customers IMHO but just dogging on a supplier.
Please do us the courtesy by drinking this large glass of .... and taking your flaming troll crap elsewhere.

Last edited:

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
IMO if a patent is being filed, then there are gonna be secrets!

On the contrary here is the definition of a patent -

A patent (pronounced /ˈpætənt/ or /ˈpeɪtənt/) is a set of exclusive rights granted by a state (national government) to an inventor or their assignee for a limited period of time in exchange for a public disclosure of an invention.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Wow, I didn't see this argument coming. I thought that everyone that had been waiting for the release would just be happy that it is almost ready for us to order. Drew said yesterday that he had to go to the factory again today so I would be a little surprised to see him on the forum until much later.

As I said I am putting trust in Drew and his choices with this mod.
    Totally backing Drew 100% as a class act, a great supplier and business man catering to the vapers' wants and desires. I am glad he is not caving in with a serious case of running gums on his designs.

I got a bit irked at the demanding hostile nature of some of the questions and the boldness of the "WAAAHH! Drew wont tell me the inner secret workings" posts.

I also know the frustration of trying to get something done while getting hammered on by the less than thoughtful people with the delusions of self entitlement.

Buy or don't buy but please keep your less than supportive points of views on why you will not be buying it out of this thread.

laurieok

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 3, 2009
    Ohio

A patent (pronounced /ˈpætənt/ or /ˈpeɪtənt/) is a set of exclusive rights granted by a state (national government) to an inventor or their assignee for a limited period of time in exchange for a public disclosure of an invention.

Then I want to know the the secret recipe for KFC!!!!!!! :)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI

Yup... and until the patent is GRANTED... and while it is still under the guise of a protected invention disclosure.... and before public disclosure... you'd be smart to keep it a secret.

A smart businessman will not ever reveal the contents of a patent until the patent gets published. Even if he is confident that his invention disclosure and document trail can endure court scrutiny.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Drew is my supplier. He is my favorite. His juices are my favorite. His customer support is my favorite. I AM a customer, and I will continue to buy from Drew for as long as NHaler exists and I vape.

I recommend people to Drew. I tell people who don't even vape how much better Drew's juices are than anybody else's that I have tried. I pass out the business cards I get from him. I direct people to Drew's section of the forums when they're looking for great customer service, a great product, or just a new place to buy from.

I've been waiting for the release of the XHaler as long as anybody on this forum.

I just think it's fair to know what material something is made out of when buying it. No offense to Drew, but I doubt he spent decades forging and breaking down metals to create a new top secret alloy. The XHaler isn't going to sell simply because of the metal it is made out of. It is going to sell because we know we're going to get a great product from Drew.

edit: and as I said before, it isn't really a big deal to me, I was just curious.

Last edited:

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
    May 18, 2009
    Sunny South Carolina
    Then I want to know the the secret recipe for KFC!!!!!!! :)

I dunno but cardiac arrest is the cure. :p

The fact remains he needs to decide how many people base their buying decisions on knowing as much as possible about it enabling them to make comparisons to what they know about the alternatives. And as I said there suddenly seems to be lots of alternatives. ;)

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2009
    USA-Florida
    Sheesh, people, don't you have anything better to do than argue about what and when he'll release information????? If you're serious about getting the information before you purchase and he hasn't released the information then send him a private message. Going back and forth here is just stupid...YES, I said STUPID. Deal with it.

NoMorButts4Me

ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2009
    Lenox Hill, NYC
    ...Plus the Drama squad seems to be starting there usual $h!t over in in the other forum...I guess they got tired of fighting each other and are tryin to drag someone else in??? I aint got time for them, if they keep it up I will send Xhaler Man over there!!!! NANANANananananaNANANANAXHALE!!!!

Where is this brawl occuring? Anyone?

Who are the Drama squad? EMWTK.

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
    May 18, 2009
    Sunny South Carolina
    Sheesh, people, don't you have anything better to do than argue about what and when he'll release information????? If you're serious about getting the information before you purchase and he hasn't released the information then send him a private message. Going back and forth here is just stupid...YES, I said STUPID. Deal with it.

Are you kidding? This thread is finally on topic for the first time in a long while. Deal with it.

Oooh, halloween is just around the corner, yippee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread