Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Hi Adam,
great video!

Diameter Brass axis: 3mm
Thanks everyone for the kind words just wanted to show off the Spring-Omizer and how I have been doing things. It is still vaping strong since yesterday no dry hits I think I will change out the wick it always surprises me when I put a fresh wick in what a difference it makes well to me at least. Thanks Adam

leemc37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
Bridgend, UK.
that's a nice one ... more efficient than the brush :)
I'm still looking for the ultimate lazy-... method ... is there some products that could chemicaly disolve the gunk in a bath?
Maybe try washing up liquid, that works on burnt food when left to soak. It won't be the quickest way but overnight should do it. I'll try the next time I change my coil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks everyone for the kind words just wanted to show off the Spring-Omizer and how I have been doing things. It is still vaping strong since yesterday no dry hits I think I will change out the wick it always surprises me when I put a fresh wick in what a difference it makes well to me at least. Thanks Adam
Thanks Adam. My Canadian Brother. I enjoy your YouTube videos.

steampop

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
uk
I got my 4th Springomizer this week :p

First one I got the day after they were available on the stores and I have used nothing but Tilemahos with Spring and Penelope v4 since then.

Cleaning springs: You can put a spring in vinegar for about 10 minutes, then put it on a toothpick and give it a scrub with an old toothbrush, it will be almost back to new state. Don't dry burn them.

Wicking: Cut flush with the housing. Don't cram loads of wick in to the spring, roll the wick quite loose until it is about 6mm wide and pull it through the spring, there should only be slight resistance. Too little wick and you will get flooding, too much and you will get dry hits. don't be afraid to keep rebuilding until you get it right. When it is set up correctly it works flawlessly.

juice control: This depends on how thick your juice is, the viscosity. If you like to vape VG heavy juice you will always struggle more with a tank. I find the best thing to do is use Aqueous Glycerine. This is VG with 15% distilled water, if you are buying premade juice, just add about 10% distilled water. With my 70% PG juice I have the juice control barely open, with high VG juice that is very thick I open it about 4 turns.

Housing: The housing that comes with the springomizer is fine, I tried the v2+ housing too and it wicked a little faster but not a huge difference, I had to use more wick for the channels. I went back to the original springomizer housing.

Spring resistance: with kanthal I would normally aim for around 1.2Ω but with Stainless Steel I find I have to go lower, this is a thicker wire and seems to take more effort to heat up so I have been running it at 0.8, this seems to be to be about the equivalent to 1.2Ω on kanthal, I don't know the science behind it, just that I need to run SS springs at a lower resistance to get the same effect.

Don't forget, depending where you are in the world, the temperature has an impact on the viscosity of your juice too. Personally I wouldn't use high VG juice without adding a bit of distilled water, its very thick and doesn't wick well in tanks because the air bubbles take such a long time to move down the channels. It's pretty cold here though, maybe high VG is fine in warmer climates but some of the stuff I have bought has only been suitable for dripping.

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
is there some products that could chemicaly disolve the gunk in a bath?

I didn't find any, in fact. In a previous post in this very same thread I listed all the things I tried and.... Well, it depends on what you consider to be clean. As opposed to Kanthal, which you can really get back shiny as it was in the beginning, these SS springs seem to darken a bit, you'll have to deal with that, I suppose. But they are clean, nevertheless.
Vinegar didn't really do the trick, I was more pleased with ethanol (boiling ethanol). Ethanol is readily soluble in water, so you can simply wash the springs after the ethanol bath. I would go for ethanol.
Among others I tried acetone and isopropanole, without particular benefits compared to ethanol I would say... Of course dish soap + scrubbing works fine, but this is not what I want to do, I already do scrub my coils and I'm looking for an improvement here.
Try ethanol! If it doesn't work you can still pour some in a glass, dilute it to a proper concentration and forget your cleaning issues - better than nothing! :D

leemc37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
Bridgend, UK.
Well I have been thinking of an easy way to clean the springs and this seems to work. I gave it a quick blast with my small steam cleaner and it came up a treat :) all the gunk came off and I didn't have to remove the spring
c9ce6dd868cf631bbe5fa5b3414ae6b0.jpg

And here's the result
b6caf80162df61c393a199349973b7c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Well I have been thinking of an easy way to clean the springs and this seems to work. I gave it a quick blast with my small steam cleaner and it came up a treat :) all the gunk came off and I didn't have to remove the spring
and no chemical involved ... that's sweet ...

darkmix

Oct 30, 2014
Germany
Hi all, I'd like to know your tips&tricks to clean the gunk out of the SS springs....
so how you guys manage to clean gunk out of the spring, with minimal effort, and reasonnable frequency (not after each tank ;) )

sodium carbonate - baking soda/baking powder - it´s how my grandmother cleaned her oven
take a shot glass with 2cl of water, add 5gramm baking soda, put the spring inside and leave it alone for half an hour.

IMG_0804.jpg

cheers... :thumbs:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
To clean the spring, I have been using baking soda and vinegar:

In a spoon I put a little pile of baking soda, place the spring and cover it very well with the baking soda, then add some drops of vinegar, the reaction helps to remove the gunk. I leave it there for some minutes, then roll the spring in the mix: the undissolved baking soda helps to remove more gunk, I also use a toothpick to scrape the remaining gunk (repeat the procedure and rinse the spring).

---

I couldn't post on the original "GG Tilemahos official" thread, so I'll share here :)

I was playing with spare parts:

"High liquid capacity Tilemahos v1":

- Tilemahos v1 (Airflow Control Base) + Springomizer.
- iAtty ESG Edition (CNC Engraved Tank).
- Ithaka Update Mouthpiece (regular).

Almost got it, the mouthpiece is not long enough :(

2vcfdaa.jpg

1413vur.jpg

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
I gave it a quick blast with my small steam cleaner

In a spoon I put a little pile of baking soda, place the spring and cover it very well with the baking soda, then add some drops of vinegar, the reaction helps to remove the gunk.

Hey, both sweet ideas!
Don't have a steam cleaner, I'll try the acid-base reaction for sure, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread