Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
No worries, I think it doesn't work as I'm outside the US. I just couldn't tell before it was teflon, I think I saw the stuff in dreams n chains v2 thread. I was thinking, the 1st diagram is from the tornego v1-ish, and the tank is the same size as the atty and could hold 1ml. You are getting 2.5ml, and the v2 has 2+ or 2.3ml. Either it would be a lot longer or, quite a bit fatter. The cone is bigger and doesn't taper until about where I would guess the atty starts.

So maybe the cone itself is the tank and has perhaps an o-ring to separate the tank section from the atty. Then maybe a thin sleeve inside the tank for the filling port and air replacement. :confused: This is really guessing and honestly seems too complicated, but it is a well machined cone... aannnnd

It would be great in the fob too!

With a sleeve or liner, plastic even as some fobs have 'em, there could be a similar adjustable airflow intake / filling port. How to get one to rotate and the other not could be done by fixing it to the lower portion of the fob and having the port in the rotating threaded cap. :D At the very least it would
make filling easier.

Someone call B.S. if this seems half as unnecessary as I suspect it is, or if they see this leading to a big leaky mess.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
i got some of that but i decided to go with gorilla. their website states that its toxic free as long as it's fully cured (24 hours)

yeah! you got a point there :blink: we'll see how it goes...
thanks, nice peeps!
When gorrilla glue dries it expands... it is good stuff for certain things but I don't think it is good for what you are using it for. Also it will not seal it that good because it "bubbles" up when it expands while drying.

Just my opinion.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
When gorrilla glue dries it expands... it is good stuff for certain things but I don't think it is good for what you are using it for. Also it will not seal it that good because it "bubbles" up when it expands while drying.

Just my opinion.

Wow... 9 pages... nvm. It was probably too late.. lol

I thought there was only the one page when I replied. HAHA

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I like the idea of using a valve. Has it been tried?

Here is a diagram from a google search:
bleeder_d.gif

It may even require a smaller adaptor sized compartment, if liquid still leaks, which could be filled with carto filler. Such compartment could be called 'air filter', and could last a very long time between changes. Without the valve, the filler compartment (the air filter) may just be able to prevent leaks by itself (without valves), but it may require more frequent changing.

mouthpiece<--coil/atty<-- juice compartment<--valve<--air filter<--battery

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Sorry to hear D, but in no means is it a failure, just think of it as a prototype.:) The glue failed then? I gather the connector rotated in the fob, it sounds like it could be fixable. I was also wondering, did you get the booster into the other fob? You mentioned switching between this one and that awhile back. Nothing is a complete loss.

John, the valve appeals to me too, and where you have it positioned, but I'm concerned with the force needed to get air through it. Also, it isn't so far off from using a mini spray bottle to get the whole job done. However, letting air in the bottom sounds decent, as long as juice doesn't get out. There is a cartmod that does the ball and spring too, finger controlled if I recall.

The air filter might not work so well. If it has polyfill, it seems that it would wick juice rapidly, and then not let air through. If the valve was effective enough, it wouldn't be needed.

I've got one more spring that hasn't been mentioned yet to add to this contraption, I'm just not sure if it would be useful or not.

MisterD, don't give up:toast:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
thanks, asdaq!!:) i need to go harbor fright to get one of that things to hold the parts still so that i can drill without cutting up my hands. i think you posted a link back here. you just lay the thing on the table or do you have to fix it somehow? i dont have a basement or garage so i have to do the work on the kitchen. it was sci on DnC thread that posted it!
image_227.jpg
off i go!

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
The valve may need to be custom made, and the polyfill (for the air filter) could be the one with larger holes in it. I know that it would be nice to build something with existing parts, but really if the final design works better than anything known, and needs custom made parts, I think this is all still reasonable, and lots and lots of these could be made. It's not just you (any one reading) who would have to order thousands and thousands of custom made parts, it would be lots and lots of us, I think the technical design is what needs to work first.

Don't worry if the basic things break in the beginning, I think the technical design is what is being invented here. Later, near the final stages, the final decisions can take place, such as where to use gromets and O-rings, and things like that.

Keep up the good work, I think it's going perfectly.

:thumb:

Last edited:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
MisterD, that vise is the the best $12.99 investment I ever made! It has like a suction cup on the bottom. It's pretty sturdy without attaching it. Oh yeah, it will also swivel & lean.

Don't get discouraged on this. I found a 10 pack(pill fobs) on Ebay & got it today. They're not that far away, so it shouldn't take that long to get here.

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Sci, glad to hear you are going in this direction, I really want to see this work, but cant really get to it myself. 1ml doesn't seem like much though but increasing the size isn't a problem.

MisterD, has yours proved fixable/patchable? I saw a mod post a few days ago that was like a really big cartomizer with a dummy cart just for a mouthpiece, but it seems gone now. That also seems nice but a tank under an atty seems like a much more service friendly contraption once finally built.

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Sci, glad to hear you are going in this direction, I really want to see this work, but cant really get to it myself. 1ml doesn't seem like much though but increasing the size isn't a problem.

I'd be happy, right now, to actually fill up a 510 carto. The filler only goes half way leaving half of the carto empty. I'm working on it, though.:)

MisterD, has yours proved fixable/patchable? I saw a mod post a few days ago that was like a really big cartomizer with a dummy cart just for a mouthpiece, but it seems gone now. That also seems nice but a tank under an atty seems like a much more service friendly contraption once finally built.

He applied as a supplier, so I don't think he can have them in the mod section. What he had done was took the bottom(atty part) off of a carto & put it in that pill fob. He then filled it up with blue foam. He put the top half of the carto & mounted it on top for the tip. I know there's more to it, but that is the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread