retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
It turns out it was ad blocking -- both my droid AdAway and desktop Firefox AdBlockPlus were stopping it. I didn't have any blocking setup on IE, and got through.

AdBlockPlus sold out to the devil. Try UBlock Origin. Works very well on desktop and Android browsers.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sorry.....................I still have a Chunk of - FOR THE CHILDREN - stuck in my throat.:facepalm:

The Whole Dog and Pony Show is 100% geared on - Saving Children Campaign - from a minimal risk related industry...................

While continuing to Gloss over or completely Hide the Larger Picture of vaping SAVING Adult Smokers by offering a LESS Harmful Alternative.

So................................91 Days and Let the Hammer Drop......

I Hope the FDA hasn't invested to much in Human Resources because it is likely 99.9% of Market products will never see a Filing for Compliance.
People will be sitting around processing Air.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
AdBlockPlus sold out to the devil. Try UBlock Origin. Works very well on desktop and Android browsers.
All set, thanks :) It turns out the sign-up is something that ad blockers see as bad. Internet Explorer (without any Ad Block) worked.

strange, i had no problems signing up - ff 46.01 with adblockplus:?:

Reactions: Kenna

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Signed up got email confirmation.
It looked like I subscribed okay...I got the link to see the live feed and all. Put in my info on the form and it just seemed to go through. But...no email confirmation yet. I do have AdBlock. It just seemed to go through...but no email.

Reactions: Kenna

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
Subscribed....Thanks

Hey all,

I'm going to start a series of global stickied deeming threads. I'll close the preceding stickied thread and link to the next one so we can keep the conversation current.

Up for Tuesday May 10th ....

9am EST: Jeff Stier is attending the TMA annual conference and will be livetweeting Mitch Zeller's presentation. We'll be covering Jeff's tweets on vaping.com deeming liveblog with additional commentary from the Vaping.com team.

Jeff is a Senior Fellow at the National Center for Public Policy Research in Washington, D.C., and heads its Risk Analysis Division. He most recently wrote: FDA went way too far on e-cigarettes:: But Congress can fix it. for the Washington Post

2pm EST: Kevin at VPLive is hosting Dr. Michael Siegel for a phone-in. You can listen here. Kevin is a consummate presenter, and has covered many of the most important issues in vape over the years. Dr. Siegel is Professor in the Department of Community Health Sciences Boston University School of Public Health, and blogs here.

Also, if you want to keep up to speed on regulations, news and events, please sign up to my newsletter here: www.vaping.com/deeming-news

Reactions: Coldrake

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Ok, I never got caught up reading the previous thread, so I never commented there. I'm just going to do it here.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I haven't seen any of the leaders of the vaping movements acknowledge it. Zeller even said it himself. Once deemed as a tobacco product, they are obliged to regulate it as they do other tobacco products. It looks like the regulations are especially harsh against vaping, but honestly, they're the same guidelines that cigarettes and smokeless have. Yes, it's much worse for vaping because we don't have the luxury of having all of the current products on the market grandfathered in, and that would definitely help.

What I don't know is, how much of the PMTA process(for ALL tobacco) was in the statute of the FSPTCA and how much of it was just stuff that the FDA made up. If the FDA just made it up, but congress accepted it, does that then make it part of the statute, or is it just regulatory guidelines that the FDA is free to change. From what Zeller has said, it doesn't seem like they're free to change it at will, but maybe that's just a CYA statement?

I guess my question is, would it take an act of Congress to change the tobacco regulations? I know it would take an act of Congress to reverse the deeming, taking vapor products out of the hands of tobacco control altogether.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
What I don't know is, how much of the PMTA process(for ALL tobacco) was in the statute of the FSPTCA and how much of it was just stuff that the FDA made up. If the FDA just made it up, but congress accepted it, does that then make it part of the statute, or is it just regulatory guidelines that the FDA is free to change. From what Zeller has said, it doesn't seem like they're free to change it at will, but maybe that's just a CYA statement?

I guess my question is, would it take an act of Congress to change the tobacco regulations? I know it would take an act of Congress to reverse the deeming, taking vapor products out of the hands of tobacco control altogether.

A lot of it is in the statute, so it would take an act of Congress to change the requirements and the basis of finding for making an approval.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ31/pdf/PLAW-111publ31.pdf

Search for "sec. 910" and it takes you right to the part where you can see that most of the language in the draft guidance is pulled right from the statute.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
A lot of it is in the statute, so it would take an act of Congress to change the requirements and the basis of finding for making an approval.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ31/pdf/PLAW-111publ31.pdf

Search for "sec. 910" and it takes you right to the part where you can see that most of the language in the draft guidance is pulled right from the statute.
That's kind of what I thought, so it begs the question, how did we expect the FDA to treat vaping differently, once it was classified as a tobacco product? Once it's a tobacco product, they have to apply tobacco regulations to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread