Vamo user check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
I have Efest and they just don't wanna work. I don't stack them either but would be nice to know I could if I wanted to. I bet button tops would work. I don't think the flat tops are making the connection in the middle between the two batts.

Mine works with both AW and Efest button tops.....

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
I have Efest and they just don't wanna work. I don't stack them either but would be nice to know I could if I wanted to. I bet button tops would work. I don't think the flat tops are making the connection in the middle between the two batts.

confirmed: Efest IMR 18350 button-top do work for me as well, even though they almost don't fit in the tube; can't fully screw on the cap.

have you tried with a small magnet in between the two batteries?

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
confirmed: Efest IMR 18350 button-top do work for me as well, even though they almost don't fit in the tube; can't fully screw on the cap.

have you tried with a small magnet in between the two batteries?

Nah. Haven't gone that far yet but I bet that's what it is. They're not making contact in the middle. I might just pick up 2 button tops. Can never have too many freshly charged batteries.

Rodderik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
Georgia, USA
i just noticed the same things with my efest flat tops...i think you are correct in that it isnt making contact in the middle because of the plastic wrap on the batteries...trimming the plastic off may help. a plus of doing that is that the bottom cap would screw on all the way. since i dont plan on stacking though i'm not worried about it.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Nah. Haven't gone that far yet but I bet that's what it is. They're not making contact in the middle. I might just pick up 2 button tops. Can never have too many freshly charged batteries.

Then I guess you can have the best of two worlds if you use them in mixed pairs, meaning a flat top ahead and a button top toward the cap.

That way you may even shave off 1 or 2mm, compared to two stacked button-tops, thus allowing the cap to fully screw on.

On a separate note, I'm not fully at ease when stacking batteries, not even IMR ones...

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
ah-ah, gotcha! At the bottom of this page I've eyed the "Posting permissions" section (lower right), and it plainly states "You may not edit your posts"... No clues as to why, though.

There were permissions problems with simply posting when the forum was first set up. I wonder if the inability to edit posts is related to that somehow?

That makes me wonder if anyone has ever been successful with stacking flat tops. Hmmmm...

Did you check the voltage on the batteries individually? Perhaps one battery isn't up to snuff. Are the ends of the batteries clean?

Several people have reported that they are unable to screw their battery cap on all the way when they stack 18350 button tops.

I've been alternating single Efest 18650s and stacked 18350s since I got my VAMO. Both the 18650s and 18350s are flat tops. The 18350s were new and have been exclusively used paired. It's not clear to me that it matters but I've been rotating the upper and lower positions of the 18350s in the VAMO. I've had zero issues.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Then I guess you can have the best of two worlds if you use them in mixed pairs, meaning a flat top ahead and a button top toward the cap.

That way you may even shave off 1 or 2mm, compared to two stacked button-tops, thus allowing the cap to fully screw on.

On a separate note, I'm not fully at ease when stacking batteries, not even IMR ones...

Hmmm. Very clever idea for those who are having problems with the button tops not fitting in stacked mode. But, like you guys, I don't plan on stacking them. Was never a big fan of stacking. I just like to have the option should the need occur.

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
I had a weird issue yesterday. I put a fresh battery in and turned the device on. I went to vape and it wasn't firing, then I checked the what the wattage was set to by just pressing the + button (even though I have a V2 so it should still be set to the wattage it was before I changed the battery) and the screen back light flashed 3 times with nothing on the screen. I tried vaping again and nothing, another press this time on the - button and it flashed 3 times again. I shut the device off and it flashed off like normal. I turned it back on and all was well again. I have no idea why it did this. It didn't bother me but I figured I would let people know in case it becomes a larger problem in the future.

Just for the record I got my Vamo V2 (Remembers volts/watt setting but came with weak spring) from my local e-cig shop which they purchased from their SmokTech distributor.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
I had a weird issue yesterday. I put a fresh battery in and turned the device on. I went to vape and it wasn't firing, then I checked the what the wattage was set to by just pressing the + button (even though I have a V2 so it should still be set to the wattage it was before I changed the battery) and the screen back light flashed 3 times with nothing on the screen. I tried vaping again and nothing, another press this time on the - button and it flashed 3 times again. I shut the device off and it flashed off like normal. I turned it back on and all was well again. I have no idea why it did this. It didn't bother me but I figured I would let people know in case it becomes a larger problem in the future.

Just for the record I got my Vamo V2 (Remembers volts/watt setting but came with weak spring) from my local e-cig shop which they purchased from their SmokTech distributor.
Sounds like some sort of protection circuitry tripped... overcurrent? short circuit? thermal? difficult to tell.

Many people recommend not to use batteries fresh out of the charger but to leave them settle for a little while, for what it's worth; on the other hand I often use them right away and so far nothing wrong has happened ;)

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
Sounds like some sort of protection circuitry tripped... overcurrent? short circuit? thermal? difficult to tell.

Many people recommend not to use batteries fresh out of the charger but to leave them settle for a little while, for what it's worth; on the other hand I often use them right away and so far nothing wrong has happened ;)

By fresh battery I meant a full charge, it was at 4.2v but had been off of the charger for several hours. I try to not use the battery right away after taking it off of the charger.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
When my Vamo displays shorts, it only shows an LoV, it doesn't shutdown or blink three times, it just won't fire.

I think Xpen is correct probably some sort of protection circuitry cutout, maybe it misread your battery and needed a reset? It would be nice to know it was that intelligent.

Has it done it again since?

shantyshaker12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2011
North Central Indiana
Got my Vamo from Smoktek Saturday. It is the chrome version, it remembers wattage setting when changing batteries, it came with the old version spring it appears, but I stretched the spring before I ever used it. I don't get any rattle with my 18650, but it is a button top. I can't stack my 18350's because they are also button tops, they will fit, but I have to loosen the bottom tube, and also leave the bottom cap loose to get them in. In my opinion this thing rocks! I am using Vivi Nova's with 2.8 heads at 8.5 watts. Also it has not lost contact and shut off due to the old version spring. Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread