Vamo user check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

howiesatwork

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
San Jose, CA
I got my SS Bamboo, as it is called by Health Cabin two days after they shipped it, and three days after I ordered it...
I had a problem getting it to work with protected cells, as others have mentioned, but it works fine with LiMn cells.
I am going to put it in my lathe and relieve it enough to accept the Kanger T3 knurling... :D

Bobbika

Sep 7, 2012
Holland
Got my Vamo, or Bamboo, SS version from HC too today. batteries are in the charger at the moment, can't wait to fire this baby up!

Looks like the SS version is not so sensitive for fingerprints, so Im happy with my choice. The middle part seems to a different finish though, more shiney than the bottom and top part. Guess that's the notorius Chinese quality control... :D

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
When my Vamo displays shorts, it only shows an LoV, it doesn't shutdown or blink three times, it just won't fire.

I think Xpen is correct probably some sort of protection circuitry cutout, maybe it misread your battery and needed a reset? It would be nice to know it was that intelligent.

Has it done it again since?

It has done it 3 more times since then. No real repeatable reasons either. Once was right after pulling it out of my coat pocket (so possibly related to the shaking of the battery? I still have the weak spring but it is stretched to make better contact) and the other two times I was sitting on the couch watching TV.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
It has done it 3 more times since then. No real repeatable reasons either. Once was right after pulling it out of my coat pocket (so possibly related to the shaking of the battery? I still have the weak spring but it is stretched to make better contact) and the other two times I was sitting on the couch watching TV.

I think the weight of the 18650 battery combined with the weak spring is enough to cause battery disconnects and other connection issues. With the long, wimpy spring my VAMO would disconnect with very gentle handling. I added a better spring and no problems since. The one I used is sold out but a couple people have reported that the Helix spring from Avid Vapors does the trick.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Thanks I'll check it out. Only other ones I've heard is provari spring and flashlight spring I don't want to fiddle too much just want a tighter connection.
I have the Helix spring, it works well.

Silver Bullet spring will also work, if you can find one.

I looked at my ProVari spring in my unused standard cap, but it looks too small to me.

beast1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Miami,fl
I have a BC/gun metal v2 with the weak spring and a SS with the stronger spring. The SS will not rattle the battery up and down but side to side it will. The BC will rattle every direction with the weak spring. But the only way either will lose connection is if I shake them like a mad man. Using efest 18650 button tops 2000 mah. Both are from smoktek & both remember wattage after a battery change.

Last edited:

Doglips

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Cocoa Fl
I have the gun metal vamo from Smoktek. I gave the spring a little stretch when I got it and no rattle. The reviews said buttons rattle and forgets settings when you change the battery but mine remembers the settings and not rattle, or I'm too old to hear it.

I noticed that 18650s seem to last a shorter time than in my non regulated mods. However the 18350s seem to last longer. I've had mine turn off when not used, but only a few times. I also noticed that some times when the battery gets low it will turn off in the middle of use ...it will do it a few times then finally show the Lo code. Or I might just not notice the low code until it cuts off. I was more surprised by how heavy this thing is...my refrigerant scale shows its 8.5 oz. without a tank and with a 18650. I think I can tell the difference in ump when using stacked vs. single battery..but not sure if I just think I notice a difference. I got mine as a back up and since I've had some issues with cheap mods, I was really thinking this was going to be the last low priced PV I got...but I'm very happy with the quality of the unit...might have to get one extra just incase.

redg8r

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
E. KY. USA
www.justthatip.com
Last edited:

Gstavrev

Verified Member
Sep 15, 2012
Bulgaria
Finaly got my Vamo today :D Black chrome finish, that i know wont last a lot but still.. Feels different than i expected, i tought i will like it in short 18350 mode, but even for my small hands it does not feel big enough. Usinig it in stacked mode right now, the vape feels good, and the build quality at least for the moment also feels good. I will test it later with a 18650 batts and i will upload some pics when i get home.
I hope it proves to be well build, cus so far i like it alot.
Cheers, guys :)

DeadPerfect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
RI
finally got mine from vapor break i ordered in early december. chrome, remembers wattage, doesnt warm up. threw an Aga-T on it with a wrie mesh. works great!! for some reason though, most of my delrin drip tips are too loose on the aga-t. had had to double the o-ring to adjust the hole placement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread