Vaping in Public places indoor. Do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidnapped

Verified Member
I bought my 1st e-cig specifically so I could "get my fix" anywhere I darned well pleased; and, I see NO good reason NOT to vape wherever I feel like it. It does NOT affect anyone; so, they can just "mind their own darned business!..." Besides, most of the ones who'd LIKE to ..... about me vaping don't give a second thought to imposing their unruly kids, their perfumes and hairsprays, etc. on me; so, screw 'em!... (I've always been sort of an "in your face" sort of person when faced with BS, though...) For the most part, folks just ask me questions about it, either for themselves or for the benefit of loved ones. I tell them that if it (VERY UNINTENTIONALLY) pried me away from a 40+ year history of being a VERY heavy smoker, it'd probably do the job for virtually ANYONE... Funny how many folks I run into who don't even realize that there's nicotine in the juice.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I bought my 1st e-cig specifically so I could "get my fix" anywhere I darned well pleased; and, I see NO good reason NOT to vape wherever I feel like it. It does NOT affect anyone; so, they can just "mind their own darned business!..." Besides, most of the ones who'd LIKE to ..... about me vaping don't give a second thought to imposing their unruly kids, their perfumes and hairsprays, etc. on me; so, screw 'em!... (I've always been sort of an "in your face" sort of person when faced with BS, though...) For the most part, folks just ask me questions about it, either for themselves or for the benefit of loved ones. I tell them that if it (VERY UNINTENTIONALLY) pried me away from a 40+ year history of being a VERY heavy smoker, it'd probably do the job for virtually ANYONE... Funny how many folks I run into who don't even realize that there's nicotine in the juice.
Ha ha, good job :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Not been an analog-free user for long now, but I've no worries about using my ego at work. My office is a 40 foot bus and I use it regularly when working (but not when the bus is moving). At the terminus or bus station I will happily vape away, while loading passengers - nobody looks twice. I did have one "jobsworth" Inspector try to stop me though. He said, you can't smoke on the bus. I replied :
1). It's not smoking, it's vaping.
2). My employer currently doesn't have a ban in place regarding vaping on their vehicles.
3). I'm not vaping while driving, as you can see I'm reading my newspaper, vaping and loading passengers - all things I cannot do while the vehicle is in motion.
4). I've vaped infront of the Operations Director at the Bus Depot (in the canteen, offices and muster rooms) and he doesn't mind.

Before I could get to point 5, the Inspector suddenly decided he had to go and pick on someone else. Result for me and all fellow vapers :2cool:

There's still a lot of ignorance over nic inhalers, but I'm happily doing my bit to re-educate the masses :laugh:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Southeast michigan here. I just blatantly vaped at my bowling league for 3+ hours indoors
and nobody said a word. No questions, no inquiries, nothing.
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

ThunderPumpkin

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
South America
I vape just about everywhere. I vape openly at work, where everyone is so amazed I was able to quit smoking that they just sort of accepted vaping as a miracle that's entirely appropriate indoors. I vape openly on the street, of course, too.

I places like malls and supermarkets I vape in a semi-stealth fashion -- openly on the inhale (no one seems to think I'm doing anything but chewing or sucking on a big pen), but stealthily on the exhale.

And this past weekend I stealth vaped on two planes, several buses and a couple subways. Nobody even noticed.

One thing to consider in workplaces -- the irrational fear of second-hand vapor can happen, but it's based on the idea of nicotine getting into other people's lungs. However, I've noticed that some folks assume that e-liquid doesn't have any nicotine, that it's just flavored steam, and those people don't give a hoot about second-hand vapor. So if people assume that, you might not want to disabuse them of the notion.

In any case, being that vaping is the only thing keeping me from smoking, and therefore from a shorter life and probably a very nasty death, I am NOT above telling potential busybodies that I vape 0 mg juice (I'm actually an 18-24 mg guy). It's a white lie I'm very much willing to live with.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I vape EVERYWHERE.

smoking in any public place in AZ is illegal.... even smoking within 20 feet of the entrance to the building is illegal...eesh!

In the 17 days I've been vaping, I have done it in all sorts of stores and public buildings....even in a dentist office!

I've never been really good at following the rules anyhow... and when they one day figure out a way to make that weird guy stop farting in the aisles at target, then they have figured out a way to keep me from vaping in public.
Everyone I know has been more than supportive about it...especially at my job. My boss allows...even encourages me... to openly vape in my office.

I'm loving it!

Geo

dtweedieiii

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Richmond, VA
Well in CA, I'm not sure...but here in VA (opposites attract ;D lol) I see many people vape in public places, which is cool to me. I, however, treat it as a cigarette and make sure I am far away from other people, not because I don't want them to inhale it or smell it, more because I hate the looks I get when I vape: hardly anyone I know here in VA knows what it is (but all of them know what an ecig is). At work, I trudge over towards the parking garages, flip on the overhead heaters, and vape alone and outside.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Well in CA, I'm not sure...but here in VA (opposites attract ;D lol) I see many people vape in public places, which is cool to me. I, however, treat it as a cigarette and make sure I am far away from other people, not because I don't want them to inhale it or smell it, more because I hate the looks I get when I vape: hardly anyone I know here in VA knows what it is (but all of them know what an ecig is). At work, I trudge over towards the parking garages, flip on the overhead heaters, and vape alone and outside.
glare.gif
I get you man. I do the same.

Paranorm

Jan 19, 2010
Portland, OR
I vape mostly where I feel like it. I haven't been asked to stop yet. I get some curious glances and an occasional question, but for the most part, people don't even notice. I keep it in my pocket at restaurants, however. I have no idea why, but it feels out of place there.

As to second-hand vape: Nicotine is an extremely sticky little molecule. The vast majority of what you inhale is almost instantaneously attached to your alveoli. And what is exhaled is going to be dispersed and diluted by the air you're blowing it into. A good way to give a comparison is to tell people that they get more nicotine from eating a tomato than they do from your vaping nearby.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
If it's places where smoking would have been allowed without question 30 years ago -- most grocery/convenience stores, bars, sporting events, restaurants -- then I've vaped there. In certain segments of the preceding, the more upscale versions, I'm careful to ask first. In others -- fast food joints where the food is more unhealthy than my vape, or dive bars so dive-y that they ignore the city tobacco ban -- I don't even bother.

If it's at a place where smoking never was accepted, I excuse myself to the outdoors and vape. Example: I went to the memorial of my friend's late wife, who passed of natural causes at age 90. It was at his church, and it didn't even cross my mind to vape inside a church. When there was an opportunity to step outdoors, I had a vape a respectful distance from the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread