Vaping in Public places indoor. Do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zWarlock

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Virginia, USA
I vape 18/24mg and I know for a fact that my vapor is no more harmful than the exhaled breath of someone using a Nicotrol inhaler. When they ban inhalers because of the risk to bystanders, I'll possibly change my position. Possibly.

Meahwhile, I had my parrot tested for nicotine. I chain vapee within 8' of her cage all day for 2 years. If there is anything in the air, the respiratory system of a bird will pick it up at a much higher efficiency than any other animal. The only pollutants in her blood or tissue were certain chemicals from the traffic in my neighborhood. No nicotine or, for that matter, any other component of a cigarette. The traffic outside pollutes the air in my home worse than my vaping. Cost me several hundred dollars to find that fact out, so I'm gonna use it.

Very cool .. I'll try to remember this the next time I want to make the point. Thanks for sharing

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
Nope, I don't vape where I cant smoke unless clearly stated that ecig are ok. Why:

1 - Im used to it.
2 - Its disrespectful to other people that didn't ask to smell your stinky maple-pecan juice.
3 - It attracts un-necessary attention.
4 - It makes you look like a careless .........
5 - It's bad for vaping in general.

But thats just me.

MJMcMahon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
Nope, I don't vape where I cant smoke unless clearly stated that ecig are ok. Why:

1 - Im used to it.
2 - Its disrespectful to other people that didn't ask to smell your stinky maple-pecan juice.

But thats just me.

Steam Turbine -

I approach it from a different perspective: I look at it as an opportunity to educate. For example, when returning from a recent business trip, the man sitting in the seat next to me noticed my eGo/810 combo and asked what it was. I told him that it was "the easiest time I've ever had quitting smoking" and started into my spiel about how it worked. Admittedly, I don't blow out huge clouds of vapor while I'm flying but I've yet to have anyone object. If they did after I explained, I'd happily put it away. When leaving for the trip, I mistakenly left my Kanger protank attached to my mod and that brought a few questions from the TSA but, again, after a brief explanation (while she was wiping it down testing for explosives residue) there were no objections.

People's ignorance of the benefits of vaping will lead to it's regulation. If you feel comfortable explaining the differences between smoke and vapor I think everyone should!

My two cents worth,

Mike

I vape everywhere. Literally everywhere. I ask when riding in someone elses vehicle just to be polite and have never been told no. I do not bother asking anywhere else. I dont use a cigarette look a like and I think that puts off most of the Anti Smoke barrage but I do get asked quite often what im smoking and if it works. I live in southern Louisiana and vaping hasnt really taken off here like it has in other places so there are alot of questions from alot of people. I dont mind educating. I have never been asked not to vape or to stop. Until someone passes a law that I cant vape anywhere I please I will continue to do so.

DlyDragger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Zeeland, MI
I vape pretty much everywhere. It's getting to be more common in my area so not too many questions. I actually just got back from ye olde Applebee's w/ the fam and there was a group of older women sitting near by. They caught the server and quietly (no quiet enough) asked how it was that I could smoke inside. The server didn't miss a beat and actually did a darn good job of explaining it. This was followed by another server actually stopping by our table to shoot the ..... about vaping and equipment.

Saleen121212

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
United States
It depends where. I was at a bar last night and when I got there there was only 3 other people not including my group of friends. 1 of the 3 was sitting at the bar vaping an ego. Wanted to talk to him but didnt get a chance. When I saw him doing it I went and grabbed my sentinel from the car and vaped the rest of the night inside. Not really out of the ordinary since you can smoke cigs in most bars but the waitress did ask me what it was and i explained it to her. I feel kind of weird using crazy intimidating looking devices like a sentinel in public so normally I try not to do it in places where you cannot smoke just to be polite. It feels weird to walk around a store or restaurant billowing clouds of vapor, I dont want the poor employees or owners to freak out because they think I am stinking their store up or scaring customers. Just my 2cents.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

1 - Im used to it.

But thats just me.

Your attitude is bad for vaping, especially your #4 & 5.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It's only tough to understand because any other stance would make no sense.
But that doesn't mean for one small second that making no sense is a dead art in this world.

The Sharp Hospitals here where I live won't let me vape there.
And neither will about 60% of the establishments that I frequent.

Granted, I live in California, where the Nanny State is often seen as progressive instead of destructive.
I guess there are good reasons to live in Wisconsin.

The internet is progressive.
Smart phones are progressive.
DVD is progressive.

Nanny State is a horrific plague upon mankind.

Very well stated!!!!

MJMcMahon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
Vaping is almost commonplace in phoenix...it is really taking off....

I vape everywhere and have never received anything but positive comments. Never a sideways glance.

In factt, I'm vaping in Starbucks right now! :vapor:

Thanks
Geo

I think this is a good indication that people's concerns about vaping in public places may not be well founded. Humans acclimate to just about anything and are generally accepting. Most people I've met who've asked about my PV are simply curious and are very supportive when I answer their "what is that?" question with "the most effective way I ever found to quit smoking". As long as people continue to segregate themselves from others out of some sense of "respect for others" we will continue to be viewed with a stigma.

My two cents,

Mike

MJMcMahon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
Some say don't act like a smoker so that they won't start treating us like smokers.
Some say act like a smoker or else they will start treating us like smokers.

Think about it.

Not sure about anyone else...I'm saying "don't act like you're doing something wrong, because you're not" :)

Ill_Rev_J

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
As someone about to embark on his vaping journey, my only real concern is that ppl mistake an ego w/cartridge as some sort of drug paraphernalia (sp). I'm the sensitive sort, but I think I'll just have to get over it b/c there's no need to go sneaking around when one is doing something neither illegal nor harmful to others around them.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Steam Turbine -

I approach it from a different perspective: I look at it as an opportunity to educate. For example, when returning from a recent business trip, the man sitting in the seat next to me noticed my eGo/810 combo and asked what it was. I told him that it was "the easiest time I've ever had quitting smoking" and started into my spiel about how it worked. Admittedly, I don't blow out huge clouds of vapor while I'm flying but I've yet to have anyone object. If they did after I explained, I'd happily put it away. When leaving for the trip, I mistakenly left my Kanger protank attached to my mod and that brought a few questions from the TSA but, again, after a brief explanation (while she was wiping it down testing for explosives residue) there were no objections.

People's ignorance of the benefits of vaping will lead to it's regulation. If you feel comfortable explaining the differences between smoke and vapor I think everyone should!

My two cents worth,

Mike

Same here. Although I'm lucky that my town happens to be a college town where the judgmental attitude regarding nicotine is always, at worst, matched by the curiosity regarding a previously-unknown piece of technology. The way it has always ended up working, with those two competing trends at play with each other, is that after I've explained what the device is, how it works and what it's for, people have been cool with it and even curious about what the user end of the experience of it is.

It also helps that I vape high-quality juice that, even when it's an un-tainted tobacco flavor, smells good. I've even encountered erstwile ANTZ who had no complaints about the smell of a straight tobacco vape, because I vape the good stuff. Last occasion of that happening was a staunchly anti-tobacco crusader college girl who, after I explained my iTaste/Protank setup to her, wanted to smell the vapor -- I let her get a sniff of Mountain Oak Vapor "Southern Gentleman" and she actually enjoyed it; said the smell reminded her of her granddad's pipe when she was a youngster.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I vape inside as long as I don't think it will bother someone around.(For example, in a crowded restaurant.)

That's a good point. One thing we must always remember is that "just because we can, that doesn't mean we should."

I would never sit next to someone at a crowded bar and vape, unless I'm sitting next to people on whom I can smell tobacco smoke -- and now that I've been vaping exclusively for almost a year, I can definitely smell when someone is a regular smoker. So if I'm sitting between a pair of regular smokers, I'm more likely to fire up the PV -- and the reason is that I'm hoping they'll ask what it is and give me a chance to save a life or two.

If I'm in the midst of nonsmokers, though, I'll take a table out on the patio for my drinks and vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread