cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

dutch onsea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
gent/Belgium
I didn`t know that domo site. And still believe it`s inaccecible for europeans. But I do believe it`s true that the spheroid is a better deal. That`s for litlle devices. I wasn`t gonna put a big thing like an odie on top of the VS and I just bought a geobukseon turtleship-mini for my penelope so I was out of small atomisers. That made me use the KF-mini and I don`t regret it. A couple of weeks ago I tried to sell it in the classies. Now it stays with me for a while longer..

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I wander what you guys in the USA would say when SvoeMesto or GG wouldn`t ship to you. That`s just what happens with this Domo site. They only ship to the USA or Canada. That`s great. And the European seller(Vapist) is out of stock for months now.

Well, as far as vapourart goes, us USA folks can't buy from vapist and no one outside of greece can buy from zerobacco. It's basically vapourart and your regional distributor for everyone. So even though zerobacco has the lux in stock, I can't buy it.

Not sure what you want Domo to do, it seems to be a condition imposed by the modder.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Vaporshark has announced what I'll call "Version 2". It's DNA-30 based. Appears to be the same size. Other new stuff:

Improved Internal Support Structure
Improved Metal Firing Button
Improved 510 Connection
Spring-loaded Center Pin
Laser-Etched Logo
Magnetic Charging System

Same price and supposedly shipping on 2014-02-15. See here.

All great news, except I'm a little leery of the "magnetic charging system". I do hope this doesn't mean it will require a proprietary charging cable.

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vaporshark has announced what I'll call "Version 2". It's DNA-30 based. Appears to be the same size. Other new stuff:

Improved Internal Support Structure
Improved Metal Firing Button
Improved 510 Connection
Spring-loaded Center Pin
Laser-Etched Logo
Magnetic Charging System

Same price and supposedly shipping on 2014-02-15. See here.

All great news, except I'm a little leery of the "magnetic charging system". I do hope this doesn't mean it will require a proprietary charging cable.

Have you seen Grimm Greens' review of the original? Funny Kinda... He goes... This thing is great but, but, but... lol :censored:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
No, I hadn't see it, but since this is the Vaporshark DNA thread, I think it's worthy of an embed:

Dang, he published on Jan 20, 2014 but he seems to have one of the original ones with the blue & white logo, the less durable paint, and original castings. What's up with that? I got mine right after Christmas and it's what I call "Version 1.1"...

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
No, the MVP does not use PWM, it is a straight DC signal:
Yes, I've become aware of that since then. But put the same topper on an MVP vs. a DNA 20, set both to the same power level, and they do vape differently. At one point, I thought the difference might be airflow, but I've since gotten some toppers that do not pull air from the 510 connection (an Aerotank and an Igo-L) and there's still a difference. One of these days I'm going to get my hands on a 501 "Break out" connector so I can put a 'scope on it myself to see what actually causes that difference.

fanatic205

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
birmingham al
No, I hadn't see it, but since this is the Vaporshark DNA thread, I think it's worthy of an embed:

Dang, he published on Jan 20, 2014 but he seems to have one of the original ones with the blue & white logo, the less durable paint, and original castings. What's up with that? I got mine right after Christmas and it's what I call "Version 1.1"...
I noticed he had the old version of the shark too, I love my Shark first regulated mod I have owned and I will grab that Shark 30 if it still has a USB port to pass thru charge at the computer.

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Anxiously waiting for the V2 to come out. The vapor shark web site says it has "magnetic charging"... i emailed them asking for details. Which standard? Qi?

If its Qi that would be amazing.. i already have a slew of Qi charging pads at work/home. Will be a no brainer purchase for me.

Perhaps a bit off topic since we don't know the charging system yet, but can you give some insight on the QI Technology? Are you using it with any other mods? Phone? Sounds interesting...

CEC

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Qi is inductive, wireless charging. It uses two coils to couple the devices inductively. See this post. I agree, this would be awesome. Set the device down on the pad and it charges.

However, I'm not at all convinced that's what Vaporshark is taking about; I think they might be looking at a proprietary charging cable that attaches to the device magnetically, much like the charging cables used on Apple laptops.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Here is what their support said:

"...the magnetic charging port on our new DNA is an improved feature replacing the USB charging port. The spring loaded positive pin will improve all issues with rebuildable atomizers like the kayfun, allowing you to extend the positive pin and it wont depress the DNA's pin any more."

So, I still dont know what cord it will need..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread