Vaporshark DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Mine arrived this AM! So small! I've been uning it with a spheroid all day. I need a small diameter dripper next....cyclone maybe.

Yeah...it's tiny but soo portable. I use mine with the kayfun 3.1 lite +...didn't know vaping would ever be this carefree...it somehow doesn't seem right. :)

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
I'm loving mine, best purchase I've made in awhile....look forward to your impressions and by the way, I got the gunmetal also but the sharkskin(black) went right on before I could mark up the fire button or get any gunk on it.

Got a picture? Looking for a little tease while the mail man does his thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I got mine Friday and I am SO in love with it! I don't mind the battery, I prefer the internal battery myself and it easily lasts me all day, not to mention charges super quick! It is by far my favorite mod and I have had several! I can't wait to buy another, after my wallet recovers lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
I was thinking hard about the Vaporshark DNA 20 a while back. I want to add a some small box mod with pass through to my collection.

Just want to point out that the VS is not a passthrough, at least not in the sense I understand it. If the battery is at like 10% and you are vaping at 30w (and it's plugged in) it still will not keep up. You have to have it charged enough to take the drag off it, the charger doesn't produce enough to run the mod.

jkusmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Georgia
Just a small recap of my Vaporshark experience.... I ordered mine on the 30th of last month. I received it in a decent amount of time, and functionally it was outstanding. However, the screen on mine was crooked, and my biggest thing for purchasing this over a Hana was all the imperfections I saw in Hanas. So, with my crooked screen I called them up and the customer service advised me to send it in and they would get it fixed. The day after I received my DNA30 I sent it right back to them. I just got it back on the 14th and the screen was absolutely horrible. It was now straight, but there was a huge gap on the left side, there was about a quarter inch strip of what appeared to be adhesive on the screen, and a substantial amount of debris stuck underneath the screen. I showed the screen to a local Vaporshark wholesaler and he agreed that the quality of the screen and the "repair" was unacceptable. I figured that I was sick of dealing with them so I was going to take the battery cover off and maybe blow the screen out with air, but due to the stripped head of the allan screw (that I assume was stripped when they "fixed" it the first time) I left it alone and figured I would call them once again.

From here, my biggest complaint was the fact that I had spent a 170 bucks on an item that I have only been able to use for 2 or 3 days. Of course I got the usual "I understand your frustration" and they said that they would ship me a brand new one as soon as I mailed mine back to them, AGAIN! I even talked to the tech who "fixed" my screen and he tried to defend his work and tell me "there's no way". They refused to place a hold on my card and send me a new device first, so I could actually use a DNA that I paid for for more than 2 days. Finally they agreed to ship me a new one as soon as I mailed mine back to them and tracking showed some sort of movement. I even confirmed with someone else from Vaporshark and was told "Let us know when you ship it and there is some movement on the tracking and will will ship another". Here it is Wednesday and my old DNA is out for delivery to them. Where is theirs? Not even shipped! They gave me a tracking number and the damn thing isn't even in the pre-shipping phase yet. ... has customer service and a good business etiquette gone?

I actually just read there was an 18650 version coming out, and to be honest I would have purchased one as soon as it came out. I loved the functionality of the Shark, and my first hiccup with the screen could have happened to anyone. However, after their casual attitude towards making a paying customer happy, I refuse to spend any more money on Vaporshark. I'm just one customer, so I know my stubborn little tantrum won't affect them, but with such a competitive market you would think people would bend over backwards for the folks that pay for their products.

Last edited:

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Mine is a passthrough, I don't vape at 30w, but it'll vape while charging!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

Im not good at explaining things but Ill give it a shot. I think a "true" pass-through would use the power from the input source and properly regulate it. What the vapor shark does is charge the battery at the same time as vaping but you are running off of the battery. Therefore if you are discharging the battery faster than it is charging it will still run down even if plugged in. 30w on a low ohm atty will likely wear the battery down faster than it charges.

Last edited:

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
Well my battery won't charge. Left it chagrin over night after draining it yesterday and this morning there was some sort of residue around the charge port and battery light. When I tried to wipe it off the charge light came off a bit as well and is hanging on by a string.

Called customer service and am sending it in today. I sure hope I have a better experience than the jkusmc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread