Status
Not open for further replies.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
functionally...there's no difference, huh...I mean the menu is the same....with the power lockout, etc...all the same?

I'll be honest, mine doesn't get here till Monday but from everything I've read, seen, ect... The only difference is the 10w of power. Both chips are Evolve dna chips and both are in the new VS body's.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I just pulled the trigger on the DNA30. Was going back and forth but could not resist the 10% off. So excited!

Next on the bucket list my REO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about the dna30 and I love the one I have but I just need a backup to my backup to my backup....

I got a black sharkskin for my new shark....gotta have the sharkskin!

COGamerGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs
I thought about the dna30 and I love the one I have but I just need a backup to my backup to my backup....

I got a black sharkskin for my new shark....gotta have the sharkskin!

Haha yeah I got two sharkskins so I can switch them out. Will probably get more down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Got my VS DNA20 today... Love it but.... I did not realize that the Evolve DNA20 does NOT have Power Locked mode: Holding down both the up and down buttons for two seconds will place the device in Power Locked mode. In this mode, the mod will operate normally, but you will not be able to change the power setting. This mode prevents accidental power level changes due to the buttons being pressed while in a pocket. To exit Power Locked mode, hold the up and down buttons for two seconds.

If this feature is important to you go for the DNA30 model

scartn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
tn, usa
Got my VS DNA20 today... Love it but.... I did not realize that the Evolve DNA20 does NOT have Power Locked mode: Holding down both the up and down buttons for two seconds will place the device in Power Locked mode. In this mode, the mod will operate normally, but you will not be able to change the power setting. This mode prevents accidental power level changes due to the buttons being pressed while in a pocket. To exit Power Locked mode, hold the up and down buttons for two seconds.

I would think most would turn it off before putting it in their pocket, so it's really not needed.

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
This mode prevents accidental power level changes due to the buttons being pressed while in a pocket.

Was not aware of this on the DNA20, thanks for the heads up.

When my DNA30 came I thought 'who needs power lock?'
Then I turned it up and down a few times until I figured out holding it pinky out like at high tea helped.

Then I got smart and turned it around and thumb fired it, with the added benefit of not looking like an idiot.

Mine goes in my pocket [without anything else] all the time without 5X fire lock or power lock turned on.
But only for short walks to the mailbox, car, etc.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks for the information cubjanthad. Yeah, I should be okay as lock as it locks with 5 clicks...I rarely find myself accidentally hitting the up/down wattage buttons...so...should work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread