What is with ProVari People...Cult'ish much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Still loving my provari! Score!

Happy-Mexican.jpg

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
I think she is entitled to express and discuss her experiences, views and disappointments of a product openly. No one really reads or comments in the 'negative reviews' section (except for The vendor) AFAIK.
True but the vendor (specifically the company owners) are the right people to know about the issue so it can be addressed. CSRs maybe the front liners that customers talk to but not all concerns may reach the owners. Provape owners can be easily reached via Provape subforum, why not post the issue there?

pherik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
Chantilly VA
True but the vendor (specifically the company owners) are the right people to know about the issue so it can be addressed. CSRs maybe the front liners that customers talk to but not all concerns may reach the owners. Provape owners can be easily reached via Provape subforum, why not post the issue there?

Unfortunately many people become extremely fed up dealing with the front line of a company because they are that, the first line. I have had similar experiences with awesome companies that the initial customer service contact just left a bad taste. Can't say what to do, or that I have dealt with the Provari CS yet, but if this is a complaint they might want to work on an attitude adjustment for that CS agent.

So since this was stuck in the provari section, have any of you heard if Provari is going to get into the VW field? Doesn't look like they really need to change the device, just the programming inside. Variable Wattage seems to be all the rage now and it would seem a logical step would be for Provari to put out a device that does it.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
So since this was stuck in the provari section, have any of you heard if Provari is going to get into the VW field? Doesn't look like they really need to change the device, just the programming inside. Variable Wattage seems to be all the rage now and it would seem a logical step would be for Provari to put out a device that does it.

Its been debated hotly on some threads whether they should. Some-one posted a response from them saying they are asked practically every day, but it isn't something they are going to do at the moment. Not the exact words but that was the gist. Seems like a different topic to the thread here though.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
So since this was stuck in the provari section, have any of you heard if Provari is going to get into the VW field?

this assumption seems to come up in every provari thread anymore,,from what they hace been saying they have no plans to do VW

the equivalent VW suppliers should be thankful,if provari went VW the other guys would probably go out of business because provari always has units in stock!! none of this limited supply number stuff

that does not apply to the china cheapy knock-offs either

pherik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
Chantilly VA
I can honestly say that some of the China knock-offs have really increased in quality. Last year I would have agreed with you with the just crap that was coming out when it didn't come from a major creator but now some of the tube mods are almost as indestructible as the Provari ones and the software has been bug free. One, Health Cabin, have been making changes based on what customer's have had complaints about with the V1's and they are cheap enough that it doesn't hurt the budget to buy one every time they make a revision. I will eventually have a permanent Provari in my collection, probably just to have, test, and not be called a "provariless hater", but for now I am enjoying getting the new tech coming out. I prefer to go forward with tech as it's the future, not stay stagnant as that seems to be what drove some of the older companies out of business.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
health cabin is a retailer,,not a manufacturer

buying three zmax's just to have the newest V3 is just insane and expensive

seems everything coming out of china has to have three versions before they get it working right !?!?!

I can see that with ZMax, that is just bad marketing and trust me their customer service is less to be desired. I suspect that they too will fall in to the history books APV mods.
I respect ProVari, I'm disappointed really though that more steps aren't made to pull it in to the VW/VV mod, especially with the DNA chipset so easily obtainable here in the U.S.A. I'd more than likely not blink an eye at purchasing one if they did cater to the “Modern " fad of VW and still retain the model of VV for those whom want it. With the quality and build of the device mixed with what options they have available around them it would bring the device marketability to a whole new level for the company. Profit wise.
The reality of the whole thing is that advancement will move on and it would be a real shame to see a company dwindle in to the distance that has so much to offer just because of lack of modernization. I see the future as all devices being equal in build one day and the only thing that will separate them is the material, workmanship and overall finish of the product delivered...this is where ProVari could really take the market by storm.
Just my thoughts on it all, I'll keep on keeping on at the moment and watching the world spin by. As mentioned before if it vapes and does a great job at it then its golden in my book.

pherik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
Chantilly VA
health cabin is a retailer,,not a manufacturer

buying three zmax's just to have the newest V3 is just insane and expensive

seems everything coming out of china has to have three versions before they get it working right !?!?!

I didn't mean the Zmax as I wouldn't buy three of them right now because they are quite expensive. I am speaking of the ego APV which they have been able to make design changes per the customer's requests to better fit them. The Zmax is really just a device, when you look at it, that seems to try and create one that looks like Provari. Have to say when you look at it from a distance, it looks like a chrome/stainless version of a provari till you get closer and see it.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Not another thread like this one.
I guarantee this'll get closed soon.....

I forsee the only reason this would get closed is if a uncalled for heated discussion got started and mud slinging happened. I will say as the OP of this thread it is not what was intended.
I'd like the free exchange of ideas, be unbias about the postings and open about your thoughts. I'm always wanting to hear the good and the bad to anything on the market or what devices are out. This is how progress is made is through sugguestions of customers, they are the biggest fan's of any product and also the greatest critiques after all.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
:offtopic: There were two versions of the Smoktech Zmax. The "third" is a different company, Segelei.
Provari has had two versions.

I guess I'm not understanding why ProVari doesn't do a "Once and done" VW mod. I know they can do it and they have done it before in the past. I can tell you that customers would highly appreciate first run quality on a device that I know they can offer without a doubt.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
I didn't mean the Zmax as I wouldn't buy three of them right now because they are quite expensive. I am speaking of the ego APV which they have been able to make design changes per the customer's requests to better fit them. The Zmax is really just a device, when you look at it, that seems to try and create one that looks like Provari. Have to say when you look at it from a distance, it looks like a chrome/stainless version of a provari till you get closer and see it.

It will be intersting to see how far the Updatable Firmware of the Joyetech will get us on that matter. Hardware usually isn't what fails in a device..Any good Comp. Field Tech knows this to be true that the software is what goes first, with the ability to re-write the cmos in the device will open up new opertunities.
If and maybe just a sugguestion ProVari would look in to the Nivel chipset I know this has the ability to re-write the internal programing, combine that with the build quality and it would be a rocking device that would have no compairson equil.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I guess I'm not understanding why ProVari doesn't do a "Once and done" VW mod. I know they can do it and they have done it before in the past. I can tell you that customers would highly appreciate first run quality on a device that I know they can offer without a doubt.

To be honest I don't really care if they do or don't. There are others. I don't think they'd lose anything by putting out a vw pv, but I'm not waiting for them to do it.

Last edited:

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Unfortunately many people become extremely fed up dealing with the front line of a company because they are that, the first line. I have had similar experiences with awesome companies that the initial customer service contact just left a bad taste. Can't say what to do, or that I have dealt with the Provari CS yet, but if this is a complaint they might want to work on an attitude adjustment for that CS agent.
Now there are 2 issues to bring up, their CSR attitude and the product flaw. The more reason why the aggrieved should reach out to the company owners since they are just a post away at Provape suppliers subforum. What good will it do if he/she don't make the issues known to the owners? Will the CSR and product issue correct itself if the aggrieved party keeps posting the negative experience and try to convince people to get a different mod? Am sure the owners would gladly welcome feedback.

rielevilnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Renton Washington
First off.. I somewhat agree the Provari crowd is seemingly cultish. However I believe the reason for this is they are a company in the USA washington state to be exact. And it was created here and sold here. Its a pretty good product. I myself found my way upon one. Despite that its not really my goto vape. I like having one, I just use it when my RBA hybrid is getting cleaned or putting in a new wick/coil. I have respect because I have talked to the owner in person before and he is a respectable guy just trying to make a living and happens to vape. Other then that I think people really love their favorite pv and should be proud just alittle less loud to people that know about it. lol

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Now there are 2 issues to bring up, their CSR attitude and the product flaw. The more reason why the aggrieved should reach out to the company owners since they are just a post away at Provape suppliers subforum. What good will it do if he/she don't make the issues known to the owners? Will the CSR and product issue correct itself if the aggrieved party keeps posting the negative experience and try to convince people to get a different mod? Am sure the owners would gladly welcome feedback.

Didn't you already say all that earlier in post #182?

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia

Who's trying to convince what?
I'm just stating facts, I'm pretty sure that its alread been brought up a millon times about the modernization of the device. And beyond that one just has to look around to see that the market trend is changing very rapidly. The choice to roll with the flow per say or stay stagnent is not any one of my making. I guess its just someone trying to be helpful in the overall grand scheme of things, as I've said before I've no bias in any one specific company...I just hate to see something dissapear when small changes could have been made to save it in the future.
As for the CSR issue, that is none of my concern to report it up or notify anyone party. Personally I believe the person that was affected by this should have been taken care of at the point of contact insted of letting it boil over to this point. I offered sugguestions on how to deal with a large customer base and keep a positive flow going is all, nothing more then opiniated sugguestions that really seem to hold no counter weight as I've been labled as a "ProVari Hater" which is as far from the truth as it can get.
As mentioned before I keep my ground neutral on all devices...each one has its Pro's and Con's, but all do what they are desined to do wich is fire an atomizer in the long run.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
To be honest I don't really care if they do or don't. There are others. I don't think they'd lose anything by putting out a vw pv, but I'm not waiting for them to do it.

Likewise, I'm not waiting either...Just am offering sound sugguestions to maybe see some diversification in the market place. If it dosen't happen then it dosen't happen. The world will move on and I'll keep on vaping as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread