Status
Not open for further replies.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I bought a set of cig-a-likes 3 years ago at a Mall cart--that were way over priced. After one week I said this isn't worth the hassle and put them in a drawer. This past winter I was in a situation that made it very difficult to smoke, so I went to a drugstore and bought another system. The batteries lasted about 15 minutes and when they would die--I grabbed my cigs. So they did not really do any good as far as quitting.

In June my friend introduced me to the Vision Spinner and some Kanger T3's--within one week I was down to 3 analogs a week. Another week--totally quit!

I am still on 'finding the right juice journey'--I know I will find that right one and all will be well!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yeah I give a lot of credit to hardcore smokers that have been vaping 2+ years. Seems like the technology and equipment has traveled to the current point in time at the speed of sound, I can't imagine the hassle of vaping even two years ago.

Nah, Boge's LR was out by then, and I'm still lovin them myself. But yeah, if you're a clearo person then it was not good. And for quite awhile since.

Prior to my arrival was the hard times. Can you imagine being stuck with only poor performing cig-alikes? Nasty. The vets prior to me really changed this industry.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    Its been a progression of game changers

1st ego
    2nd T3's and evods from previous CE's
    3rd ctwist
    4th Vamo
    5th NET"S
    6th Carto tank's
    7th RDA's
    8th Provari

all of these have been huge game changers at the time I first tried them
    Now I'm probably in for a few more
    1) I have a mech mod in the mail
    2) I have an aga T2 hoping the lower Ohms on mech mod may improve it but so far on higher Ohms It just seems to amplify 1 part of complex flavs and they loose their complexity
    3)I plan on trying micro coils with cotton soon

zazz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 11, 2009
    The biggest change for me was when the prices of VV/VW mods got affordable. Got a vamo this year and haven't looked back.

I strictly used cartos for a long time, so another one was when i got an Evod, then quickly realized i could rebuild it even better than stock!

I am skeptical to try new things, some work out some dont.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I bought a set of cig-a-likes 3 years ago at a Mall cart--that were way over priced. After one week I said this isn't worth the hassle and put them in a drawer. This past winter I was in a situation that made it very difficult to smoke, so I went to a drugstore and bought another system. The batteries lasted about 15 minutes and when they would die--I grabbed my cigs. So they did not really do any good as far as quitting.

In June my friend introduced me to the Vision Spinner and some Kanger T3's--within one week I was down to 3 analogs a week. Another week--totally quit!

I am still on 'finding the right juice journey'--I know I will find that right one and all will be well!

Look in to DIY juice. That was my BIGGEST PROBLEM. Now I make my own juice am happy as a lark. NO ONE EVER made a juice I thought was OMG I just love this. Some were ok, but not great. My first I mixed, Coffee/Mocha was OMG that is GREAT, vaping it now as I type. Just do it your self. There is a great section of the forum that will help you. I like Wizardlabs.us for my flavors, but there are lots more. Good Luck and Vape On...

:vapor:

Zealous

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Texas
    I have to say when I found stardust tanks with the replaceable heads. I remember there were already videos showing how to take the old ones apart & repair them. When the ones with the changeable heads came out & we could rebuild them so easily that was when I really thought I could stick with vaping.

And now of course there's all kinds of RDAs so it's even better. But that was when vaping got better for me.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    For me it was the flavors. ..I am amazed that I spent 20 years eith the same taste and now I can just change an atty and get a Whole new taste...heck push a button and get a hotter vape...

omgosh, you are not kidding,,,,,,I can't believe I stuck with that same flavor for THIRTY YEARS.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    Reo Grand/Reomizer 2.0 (and great juice to fill it with)

The ProVari and IBTanked carto tanks runs a close second.

Both of them allow me to enjoy great flavor and vapor in a well-built, dependable, basically indestructible and hassle-free vape. I wish I had found them sooner and saved some of the money I spent on other devices (both mods and juice devices).

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2009
    The State of Confusion
    Well being a cigar smoker who inhales (see like an alcoholic I say I am, because I am)..I require a hell of a lot of nic to satisfy me.

The mods and cartos is what really turned me, and now with the good BCC tanks..well say no more.

Having a background in chemistry I took to making my own juice well over three plus years ago, and of course finding the flavors I like is was a major hurdle also.

The biggest issue I think most of us have is the amount of vapor (the inhalation therapy from smoking) we were or did miss, and of course a nic level mismatch.

Once you address those issues there are other factors for smokers not to give into vaping, chemically and physiologically, or rather biochemically ...

Myself, once I got the nic level right after the vapor amount, I am set, vaper for life!

I wanted to add that it is also a personal thing, one has to find the right flavor, this is a major problem for lots of smokers trying to convert.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I quit a 35-year smoking habit just with a humble E-Power 14650 and cartos. This is an excellent Ego-type tube/battery mod. I had two major revelations in advanced vaping after the E-Power 14650.

1. Carto tanks. Vast improvement in taste, carto life and required attention.
    2. Variable voltage/wattage. I really needed this for more and better tasting vapor.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2011
    Colorado
    www.vaportrailz.com
    I started when cartomizers were first really hitting the scene and tanks were....not perfected by any stretch. There were still many juices that were great and I was able to stop my 25 year pack a day habit day one using poly filled cartridges that had to be topped off every few hits. The moment things went from good to great was when I tried the LR single coil Smok cartomizer on an eGo battery. Still have not found a better delivery device to this day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread