• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I will be having a 2nd get together Saturday with my dating site meet from Tuesday. His idea of a date was to help me get my TV antenna problem resolved. Now I don't know about you but me, single woman who cannot do things like that, finds that a real good date! I know I know, it's my house and all with the bedroom down the hall deal but I'll know if that was the other part of his idea. I don't think so because he said coffee and conversation to help me feel comfortable with that scene. Like I said. I never got past two meets with an on line dating meet sooooo I'm actually not available until I know what's what!
I'd think going to school would be a great way to meet a good guy or girl. I live out in the boonies. It's the grocery store for me. Does anyone know how to flirt in the grocery store? "I got in this line because I thought you might be single...." hmmm
"do want to stop at Starbucks with me on the way out and share coffee and conversation?"..... Hmmmmm
I'm a female by the way so that's pretty much REALLY not going to be do-able. If I was a guy I'll tell you something true. Id be no shilly shally! Some of the things I've said in my mind instead of to some guy! If I was a guy I'd be saying what's on my mind awhile lot more if I met someone that gave me chemistry.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
I will be having a 2nd get together Saturday with my dating site meet from Tuesday. His idea of a date was to help me get my TV antenna problem resolved. Now I don't know about you but me, single woman who cannot do things like that, finds that a real good date! I know I know, it's my house and all with the bedroom down the hall deal but I'll know if that was the other part of his idea. I don't think so because he said coffee and conversation to help me feel comfortable with that scene. Like I said. I never got past two meets with an on line dating meet sooooo I'm actually not available until I know what's what!
I'd think going to school would be a great way to meet a good guy or girl. I live out in the boonies. It's the grocery store for me. Does anyone know how to flirt in the grocery store? "I got in this line because I thought you might be single...." hmmm
"do want to stop at Starbucks with me on the way out and share coffee and conversation?"..... Hmmmmm
I'm a female by the way so that's pretty much REALLY not going to be do-able. If I was a guy I'll tell you something true. Id be no shilly shally! Some of the things I've said in my mind instead of to some guy! If I was a guy I'd be saying what's on my mind awhile lot more if I met someone that gave me chemistry.

oohhh...I can relate on so many levels here....a guy that wants to come over and fix something. too sweet! the ultimate aphrodisiac!

and yeah. I thought meeting someone in school was a no brainer....just didn't happen. heck. I live in the five college area! ....

IDK. maybe all the good ones, that I come in contact with anyway, are already taken...

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Have you never seen a molossar shake his head and fling drool 50 paces?? Ask any Great Dane or Newfie owner if you don't believe me!

(And no, I have not lately participated in any extracurricular activities involving the ceiling ...)

There are 2 Newfie's where I live now. They aren't mine but they drool like crazy. Luckily neither of them gives the shake unless they are wet.

I have not been involved in any either BUT it does sound like fun..

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England

How was your date Faylool?

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
He was an absolute no show! Got an email at 5:00 with his excuse. That has actually never happened to me before. I had one guy show up to say he couldn't make it sorry and blah blah. But no show and late 2 liner email. Rolling eyes.... To tell you the truth I didn't do anything extra to prepare for this fix the antenna date except change the litter boxes, they needed it, do the dishes, it was time and take a bath, I do that sometimes.... Ya knows. It's OK. I'm a big girl. His loss and I do know that
(. :

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Hey guys 28 single male from Boise Idaho. Just read through this whole thread, some good stuff here. Sad no ladies from Idaho are posting lol :ohmy:. Anyway, I've been vaping for about a year, I use a vamo and a provape 1 as well as an ego upgrade 18650. I have three kids who are with me on the weekends. I love music, vaping, going out for some drinks, good movies. Am a sucker for reading. Long walks on the beach and all that good jazz lol. Really just wanted to come and say hi to all ya guys and gals. Meet someone outside of the technical forum.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
He was an absolute no show! Got an email at 5:00 with his excuse. That has actually never happened to me before. I had one guy show up to say he couldn't make it sorry and blah blah. But no show and late 2 liner email. Rolling eyes.... To tell you the truth I didn't do anything extra to prepare for this fix the antenna date except change the litter boxes, they needed it, do the dishes, it was time and take a bath, I do that sometimes.... Ya knows. It's OK. I'm a big girl. His loss and I do know that
(. :

wow...what a loser. kick him to the curb!

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
another piece of me....my dogs. damn I love those creatures. any guy I date must love dogs. I remember dating this guy, real nature lover, but thought dogs belonged outside. he was never very friendly to my dogs...it kinda bothered me. well, one night, he went downstairs to put more wood in the stove (all men I date have a sense of chivalry)...and he didn't bother putting his clothes back on to do it (that's all I'll say about that)....my shepherd, who had followed him downstairs, stuck her nose right up his .... to get a really good sniff! Just imagine it...cold wet dog nose stuck up the derriere...

He came upstairs to tell me of this, half complaining, but half knowing my reaction of delight! She got him good. lol.

I miss her way more than I miss him....

This reminds me of a news item I saw some years ago. The husband was taking a shower, when his wife started screaming. The husband comes running out of the bathroom, dripping wet and naked, and asked the wife what's the problem. She replied she saw a snake in the living room and it crawled under the couch. The husband grabs a flashlight, gets down on his hands and knees, with his rear end sticking up in the air, looking for the snake. And, you've guessed it by now, the family dog, who's been watching what's going on, goes up and cold noses the husband. The husband, who is probably nervous as hell anyway, tries to dive under the couch, dislocating a shoulder and ripping an ear open.

I like dogs, and my little companion of 17 years is starting to really slow down.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
(. :

WOW what an @$$.... He doesn't deserve anymore thought in my opinion. It's guys like that that make it harder on the rest of us....

afallucco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
ohio
WOW what an @$$.... He doesn't deserve anymore thought in my opinion. It's guys like that that make it harder on the rest of us....

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I recently realized something, us nice guys do finish last because we're the ones who treat women right and they stay with us. I'm OK with nice guys finishing last being true :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Thanks everyone! I was pretty turned off to the the dating site thing from my experiences about 9 years ago. Thought maybe things had changed. Shallow is the only way I can define it. His next email a little while later was some obscure thing about swearing to be getting some time off soon and his "time for me" thing....did I want to spend it with him? From what I have gathered from getting several offers to rent a cabin, or camp at the beach is basically they are looking for a fun time, yes with me, but without really giving you some special attention to make you feel special, because after all, your on a dating site. One guy referred to the women as "horney with a mouse"! I had a decent friendship with a date site meet for 2 years. Watched him and talked about it each new girlfriend he got off the date site. Just not meeting the right one is ALL I can say, if it's a dating site ( lots of assumptions to dispell up font. Many false impressions tc) or in a group or at an event. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Rolling eyes again! It actually is kind of funny...a comedy of errors. Awwwww so sad! My cat is giving me an arm bath.
Lovely consolation!

afallucco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
ohio
That's exactly why I haven't gone on a dating site because everyone on there is shallow. Not exactly something I want want to start a relationship from. Some of my friends that are girls have tried them and I even had to punch one of their dates for being an a hole.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
another piece of me....my dogs. damn I love those creatures. any guy I date must love dogs. I remember dating this guy, real nature lover, but thought dogs belonged outside. he was never very friendly to my dogs...it kinda bothered me.

Can relate. I"ve *always* had dogs. Big dogs, too.
I really can't imagine any kind of relationship that did not incorporate somebody liking dogs.

Given dogs' natures, it seems like their virtues are the ones most people would want to emulate.....living in the moment, not holding grudges, loyalty, etc. I draw little cartoons over their heads in my mind, they wake up in the morning so wholeheartedly ready to meet the day, and happy. :)

Ive never joined a dating site, but have suggested them to gal pals........both of the gals I suggested to met really nice guys and are now married
to them, so......

I'm not sure I could pull the trigger on doing it though. I live in the middle of nowhere, and then in the middle of nowhere, and then some, so I probably should consider it.....not like somebody is going to drive out the national forest to my cabin and knock on my door LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread