who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I have been researching with the hopes of getting a new bottom feeding mod and my choices have come down to the VMod, REO, and a Bogger Box mod. They all seem to be very good pv's in my eye, but in viewing recent threads on ECF I am every day being swayed more against any REO mod at this time!!

My reason is not because of whether it is a good mod or not, but because of "some" of the people that own them and the way they represent that company. REO owners from what I have read lately are down right mean and just think the product is so far superior than any other device out there. They also seem to get more offended and offensive regardless of what anyone says. It is like they can't grasp the concept that other people have their own opinions, and because they are not the same as theirs, it is just wrong.....

I guess this is what my mother meant by a blessing in disguise.... Plain and simple.... If I was going to spend $130+ on a mod now it will be on a VV Bogger.... For now though I think I will probably save a few dollars and try a VMod though..... Just need to make up my mind if it will be the XL or 2.0.....

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I have been researching .......................and try a VMod though..... Just need to make up my mind if it will be the XL or 2.0.....

I have both the VMOD XL and the VMOD 2.0.

If you desire stealth and battery life is not an issue, then I suggest the 2.0
If you desire long vaping (like 8 hours) times on a single battery and all the juice you could possibly use then the XL.
Now my hands are tiny so the XL may be stealthy in masculine hands....IMO

Either way Vapage will take care of you. :)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I have been researching with the hopes of getting a new bottom feeding mod and my choices have come down to the VMod, REO, and a Bogger Box mod.

Since you're looking in to feeders and I'm assuming from your post that your price range would include items over $100, I think it's worth making your decision a little tougher and pointing you to the GLV3 and the VVPV. Since there are really only two top feeders on the market, and one of those was only recently released, they're easy to miss.

The GLV3 can be either a top or bottom feeder or it can be used stand-alone without the feed feature attached. That's a lot of versatility for one PV. My opinion is that the price tag is a bit high for the feed feature to be made out of plastic, but you've indicated you're considering a unit with plastic components, so it might be right up your alley. GLV has a strong following and their products are widely considered to be highly desirable. They also hold their resale value as good or maybe even better than other high-end mods.

The VVPV is all metal. It's a variable voltage (range 3.3v to 5.6v) top feeder that gives you control of the juice flow by employing a mechanical pump that delivers two drops per button press. It contains high quality components and safety features ahead of all others. The construction and level of craftsmanship are second to none. A few people have had them for a week or two now, so I think you'll start seeing reviews this week. I have one but I don't intend to review (mwa102464 and a couple of other experienced reviewers will certainly be reviewing soon, I would think).

Since you're still in the research phase and considering feeders, I think you'll be doing yourself a service by having a look at those two and considering their features even if you end up buying one of the three you mentioned.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Thanks for the suggestions Six, as I have considered both of those in my research. I am not too keen on the VVPV as I am not a picky person or anything, but the aesthetics of it just is not pleasing for me. As for the GLV3, I am very interested in it as well, (and as you already pointed out how versatile it is), would very much like to get one. I think it will take quite a while to get one though as they are in very high demand. Very nice looking and well thought out unit though. i don't have a problem spending the money for what "I" think is a good value for "my" hard earned money.

I responded to the OP just to view my opinion that I had changed my mind on a particular mod due to all the bashing on the forum from "some" of it's owners and do believe that a company can sometimes make revisions to a product and make it much better than the original item they had. Even some of the most sought after wooden box mods out there at one point had a leaking problem and the vendor fixed it with a revision to the mod. The responses I seem to come across most is it's garbage because it's made of plastic and it leaked in the past so this one will leak just the same. From the reviews I have read and watched on youtube, there seems to be a different concensus of the new version vs the old version. In my opinion, (and please keep in mind this is my opinion), if it was such a piece of garbage, why is there such a demand for them? They must have done something right at some point!! I will most likely add a VMod to my collection as I had already stated....

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
For me any battery short of an 18650 is too small. A smaller battery sags under load and is more hazardous. I also love to vape and don't like swapping batteries. Same on the juice. The 9ml of the XL is perfect. The recessed atomizer is very important or the device can't very well be pocketed.

I can understand that some people may like a different color or look, but i don't quite follow all this talk of infinite durability, especially on devices that use plastic tubing etc. The XL has an all metal feeding mechanism and what matters is quite sturdy. And if i crush it under a car or lose it, i keep a spare, at $75 it's practical and affordable. I don't really expect to be using a PV like this in 2 years, let alone a lifetime, what a ridiculous idea! It's like the obsolete carts i overstocked on! Can anyone really imagine this technology standing still? I do hope there are more innovations in this field than THAT lol.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Just want to pipe up and say; I LOVE my VMod XL!
I've only had it a few days, but I must say I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased! I was a bit concerned thet it wouldn't be 'hardcore' or 'enough' for me, as I'm used to my VV Box Mod and Provari... Well it's a bitterly cold morning, snow is flying outside and I'm lazing in bed with my thermos coffee, my iPad, 2 pets and my VMod XL loaded with KBV's Mint Ice Cream. Other PV's are in the living room lol.
The good life :p.
(just waiting impatiently for a gorgeous retro sleeve for my XL, then my vaping life will be PERFECT!)

Last edited:

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
You obviously haven't seen the vvf Grip Odysseus edition!!!
100_1409.jpg

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Happy Vmod owner here. Former owner of four Reos. Sold them when the 1.0 came out. My problem was auto feeding which was a PITA during summer, even with the reducer tube. Puddles of juice was not fun and worse was a soaked pants pocket. Vmods don't do that. :) Comparing construction is interesting and I am thankful my mods don't get run over. My Vmods have survived more drops than I care to admit! :laugh:

Vapage is trying to reach as many vapers and potential new vapers with reasonably priced products. Those will probably move on to other mods as they gain experience. It's all good peeps.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Pretty wood burl. It's wonderful that people transfer so much of their aesthetic to a PV enclosure. I'm more into musical instruments, though I certainly loved my pipes. But pipes have been around the block for centuries, the (solvable) functionality issues were solved a long time ago, while PVs have largely been functionally deficient. With all the wiring and extras, that burl mod is not exactly what I'm looking for. I've been struggling in the functionality/price maze for the last year and a half, and the simple and functional VMod XL is a beauty to me.

waynebrady

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Houston
I can't seem to find a lot of good honest and detailed reviews about the VMOD XL. Can one of you folks tell me what's wrong with the device? Every device has something that could be better, plz give me a heads up.

So far, from what I can tell, one downside would be that this is a gravity feeder. That would mean you have to tilt the device just to get any juice going. Seems like that would be kind of annoying for me - I even went so far as to put a tilted drip tip on my lavatube so I don't have to raise the tube up too high.

And where's the voltage lcd display?

For the record, I'm not interested in a reo or any other bottom feeder or gravity feeder that doesn't have variable voltage. Also, after reading this thread, the reo will spill juice if you turn it upside down? If true, while not a deal breaker for me, that's something to consider when the new reo vv comes out in the future.

Does the VMOD XL really not leak at all? Seems like it would make a nice mess internally, judging from the idea that, like most bottom feeders, it might have a juice cup somewhere.

Hopefully what I said so far gives an idea of what kind of info I'm looking for. I just want to know what the little nuances are of the device to help me in my decision making process.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
IMO
The plastic chassis is the weak point, even the ABS is cracking.

The new totally enclosed feed system = no leaks. If you over feed, it goes back into the bottle.

I'm not certain you just can't sqounk to feed. I'm used to tilt & vape with no sqounk on these.

There is no LED, these are completely mechanical. This not VV either but many are retrofitting w/kicks now.

If you do not vape the catch cup dry on Reos( or others), juice can spill out. My problem was auto feeding in temp & altitude changes. When I would drive up the mountain juice would overflow the catch cup, making a mess. The reducer tube did not do much to stop this. I ended up moving those mods on.

If your o-rings are in good order, the XL will not leak. Think of a threaded catch cup, a drip shield/chimney screws into the cup and your attyis inside that arrangement. Quite a clever design actually.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
IMO
The plastic chassis is the weak point, even the ABS is cracking. Correct...it's plastic & may be prone to cracking...mine has not (and I am an abuser) The button is TERRIBLE as is the weak battery spring

The new totally enclosed feed system = no leaks. If you over feed, it goes back into the bottle. Correct, when assembles correctly the XL and 2.0 do not leak

I'm not certain you just can't sqounk to feed. I'm used to tilt & vape with no sqounk on these. You may sqounk (i adore that term) the VMOD when the bottle is 3/4 to full, after that you must tilt it or even invert it and sqounk....no leaks

There is no LED, these are completely mechanical. This not VV either but many are retrofitting w/kicks now. Correct

If you do not vape the catch cup dry on Reos( or others), juice can spill out. My problem was auto feeding in temp & altitude changes. When I would drive up the mountain juice would overflow the catch cup, making a mess. The reducer tube did not do much to stop this. I ended up moving those mods on. Correct

If your o-rings are in good order, the XL will not leak. Think of a threaded catch cup, a drip shield/chimney screws into the cup and your attyis inside that arrangement. Quite a clever design actually.
Now if you invert the VMOD and continue to sqounk and sqounk the bottle it will fill the atty and start to leak out the drip tip....but why would you do that? It just takes one firm sqounk and voila...atty's full, excess juice flows back to the bottle and your vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread