who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
I actually like the button. I have found it very comfortable with either hand, thumb or index finger.

I can attest the spring will do its job even though it is not as heavy as others. Had an atty short in 1/7 of my 1.0s and it did its job.

I have a beta ABS chassis and it has 2 major cracks. Super glue has taken care of that so far. The second crack is in the plastic divider between the batt & the bottle.... Odd place.

Bottom line is someone may not appreciate having to use glue, even on an entry level priced BF.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Probably the biggest weakness of the as-is VMod is that it's a mechanical single voltage system. As the battery voltage drops, your atomizer will generally become "inadequate". Some atomizers are better than others in this respect. The mechanical design also introduces some voltage loss across the contacts and switch. Contact cleaner is a good idea. I don't like the switch, it's not super smooth, though it's simple & reliable and does the job. Structurally I've only had a crack on the old VMod 1, where the head is pushed into the plastic in manufacturing, but it wasn't hurting anything. I've never had the XL leak in any way, whereas the old Vmod 1 was frequently a mess. The XL can be tilted to feed, or squirshed. I use both. It IS a clever design.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
One problem with the general design of the Vmods is the internal feeding chamber. How do you clean it and how do you know there is not gross build up inside? If it is constantly used it probably stays pretty clean, but if left sitting who knows what's in there in all those unseen internal spaces. I for sure would never buy a used one for that reason.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
One problem with the general design of the Vmods is the internal feeding chamber. How do you clean it and how do you know there is not gross build up inside? If it is constantly used it probably stays pretty clean, but if left sitting who knows what's in there in all those unseen internal spaces. I for sure would never buy a used one for that reason.

It's pretty easy actually. You give it a bath! Since it is is all mechanical one can wash it out with hot water -- or even with some bleach water or soap, if you so desire. Just rinse it well! Also, give it a good shake to help clear out the chamber of water and let it dry overnight.

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida

What I do is if it sits for awhile or I want to change flavs is fill the bottle with hot water and run it through the feeding system a couple times

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

n2tkd

Dec 8, 2011
Honolulu,Hawaii
I do... After much research I decided to buy a VMOD. I wanted something small (pocket friendly) for short trips away from home.
I use IFR14250 batteries to get a 6V mod, doesn't last to long but the vape is well worth it.
The other day it wasn't vaping that well, something that happens when you flood your atty, took it apart and I had flooded the bowl, BIG time...but not a drop of ejuice leaked into the mod. Wiped up the extra liquid put it back together and back to one of the best vapes I have.
This is the first bottom feeder I've tried and the last.
The only complaint tho I have is with the button, sometimes the connection with the battery is not smooth, other then that one of the best mods I own.
Have to get the VMOD XL now.
Vape Happy :vapor:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
My buddy has a VMOD - we each just got one. He said his just quit working this weekend. Tried different batteries and atties and no luck. I told him to bring it by this evening to see if we can figure out what is wrong with it. Anybody ever have this problem? If so, what was it?

THANKS

I know this may sound a bit ridiculous, but it HAS happened to some people... are you sure the button is turned to the "on" position? There really isn't much that can fail in a VMOD, other than the batts and attys. Sorry, I'm stumped too.

As far as your center post question, it was not my experience to be able to adjust it.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
I know this may sound a bit ridiculous, but it HAS happened to some people... are you sure the button is turned to the "on" position? ....

:laugh: Yeah, we checked that.

It started working again, so now I am wondering if it was a problem with the atty not touching the center post. They say that you are not supposed to screw the atty on tight, but even with their own Silos I have had some that really have to be screwed down to get contact. Would be nice it the center post was adjustable.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I've noticed that the threads on the XL can need a bit of "wearing in". Some have said to get some fine steel wool and swipe the threads a touch to clean off any burrs that could make it seem tighter than it is. I had trouble at first and now mine is fine--just from use -- and, I've gotten over worrying about it being too tight.

And, the XL just got better --- new colored Bodies (shells) are in the country and will be on site shortly. They have a new textured anodized finish that sounds very interesting. I want a blue one!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I love the new textured satin finish, it feels so luxurious to the touch. Also, not so cold in the winter, and less chance of slipping out of sweaty hands in a humid summer.

EDIT:
oops OK, I was told that my pink zebra skin (that I was referring to above) is the rubberized finish for the color print skins, not the anodized for the solid prints - which are not YET available for purchase. I was lucky to get an early sample for testing.
Eat your hearts out heheh :D?

Last edited:

Morpheus

Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
White Plains N.Y.
i was able to fit my "Kick" into my Vmod-XL and i am a happy camper now ....wow !
all i need is for Vapage to make the
VMOD-XL Aluminum Case & Cone Replacements they already have them for the Vmod,when they start making them for the XL you can actually change the mod to fit your mood .this is now my everyday work/home pv so it gets a lot of use ....drops bumps nicks i really abuse this thing and it still works great i bought an extra seal kit that i have not needed,extra bottles in case the two it came with wear out........still using the org ones....i only change bottles to vari my juice ....man i freakin love this thing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread