The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why are drip tips so expensive?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Xanax, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lasttango

lasttango What would Freud say? Verified Member ECF Veteran

VapeRite,, Clouds of Vapor, puresmoker... alien visions... plenty of cheapies out there.

I like the $10.00 ones at madvapes, but I have a bunch from the others I've mentioned and nHaler...

Super T has some new inexpensive ones now too.

2. Xanax

Xanax Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    My 10 dollar madvapes one has really held up well underthe stress I've put it through. The o-ring is really sturdy that's for sure.

3. The Big Chief

The Big Chief Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Its a piece of steel in IMO....10 and 20 bucks, get bent. 3 or 4, lets talk. Replacement O rings rings are a dime a dozen..No really, they are. :p

4. The Big Chief

The Big Chief Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Let me re-adjust my stance a bit. If a particular style is the one you just CANT live without, and noone sells it under 20 bucks, then I guess its worth 20 bucks....I'll admit, even I get picky sometimes, and will allow a good wallet reaming to get exactly what I want..generally followed by a bout of buyers remorse, but a satisfied curiousity. :p

5. J-ShaZzle

J-ShaZzle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2010
    South NJ
    You can find drip tips for $1.50 now. I personally like my extended delrin 510 tip the best. I do see the benefit of having a wide tip though and will be purchasing one in the future.

6. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Someone needs to make a hybrid drip tip. Stainless steel covered by delrin. It's the best of both worlds; the steel to keep the liquid from sticking and delrin outside for comfort and to eliminate the taste issues some people have. If I had the means to manufacture these, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

7. Xanax

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    That's a great idea. And also, the delrin on the outside would REALLY protect your lips from the steel heating up. I've seen people say that the Super-T steel ones don't heat up at all but I'm not buying it... it's metal and metal conducts heat fairly well.
    ALSO- I saw a thread where some guys were talking about a blown Glass drip tip... which I think would be AWESOME. I'd personally just be satisfied with the plain clear glass ones... so you could see the vapor accumulating inside... but I bet people would go crazy over the colored ones, swirled, mosaic, marbled ones... smokers/vapers love stuff like that. Sort of like those tobacco pipes you see in shops... heh.

8. BuzzKill

BuzzKill Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2009
    Central Coast Ca.
    Just use the proper material

9. Nepenthy

Nepenthy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Cbus, Ohio
    I got 5 metal 510 drip tips from heavens gifts for 8 bucks. Using on a 510 at 6+ volts (i know, I know, attys are lasting over a month at full steam though, so Im sticking to it) and havent noticed the tip getting warm at all. Juice flows right through too, no juice in my mouth to date with this. Of course shipping will kill ya if you are just ordering tips, but I just cant bring myself to pay over 2 bucks for a tip, even if shipping is free.

10. Nepenthy

Jun 16, 2009
    Cbus, Ohio
    I agree, but remember seeing a prototype of a blown glass tip and the tip was longer than the atomizer. If they could shorten those down to the size of "normal" tips, Id be down for a couple myself.

11. Xanax

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    I never saw any prototypes. Is there any chance you could find that and link me perhaps?

12. Nepenthy

Jun 16, 2009
    Cbus, Ohio
  13. Xanax

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    Yeah ew that thing is pretty ugly.

14. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    Hartford
    Amajnecig He has cheap 510, 801, and 306 tips now and is planning on adding glass versions. I'll buy a 510 and a 306.

15. Xanax

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    Amajnecig is a brand new store right?

How do these companies sell drip tips SOOO cheap? I mean are they really THAT cheap to make that they can sell them for 2 bucks and make a pretty big profit?

16. LowThudd

LowThudd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Yes, with the proper machining/casting technics, a mass production CAD system could pop them out for next to nothing. Small scale is a lot tougher to do cheaply, but also more thought may be put into the design.

17. QueenVictoria

QueenVictoria Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2010
    SoCal, USA
  18. JaYBoNeS

JaYBoNeS Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Vancouver
    Still not regretting my super t. After a couple of months or so, it's the only thing I do not have to replace. And only time I have issues it was because of user error i.e. flooding my atty. Even then, I have way less fluid in the mouth than any other tip I have used. And it still fits tightly. If I had to report an issue it is that sometimes I need to use a shirt sleeve to remove it because it fits that well. Sure, I can't compare it to the cheaper alternatives, because I'll never need to purchase them. When I need a new O-ring I'll be happy that they are a "dime a dozen." Until then, I am still very happy with what I have. So much so, my new e cig is a Super T Precise. I hope it will be my last hardware purchase besides atty's, juice and the odd non proprietary battery.

Cheers,

JaYBoNeS

19. 7thCabal

7thCabal Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    808state
    NOW THAT was funny...

& true!

Forgot to say that... even if they gave away the cheap drip tips by the dozen, it still wouldn't equal 1 Super-T SS shorty wide mouth drip tip. JMO

20. livethechoice

livethechoice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2009
    San Francisco, Ca
    what exactly IS a drip tip? I'm a little unclear as to how it would work with an eGo. Or...in general, even.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.