Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
lasttango said:
VapeRite,, Clouds of Vapor, puresmoker... alien visions... plenty of cheapies out there.

I like the $10.00 ones at madvapes, but I have a bunch from the others I've mentioned and nHaler...

Super T has some new inexpensive ones now too.
My 10 dollar madvapes one has really held up well underthe stress I've put it through. The o-ring is really sturdy that's for sure.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Let me re-adjust my stance a bit. If a particular style is the one you just CANT live without, and noone sells it under 20 bucks, then I guess its worth 20 bucks....I'll admit, even I get picky sometimes, and will allow a good wallet reaming to get exactly what I want..generally followed by a bout of buyers remorse, but a satisfied curiousity. :p

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Someone needs to make a hybrid drip tip. Stainless steel covered by delrin. It's the best of both worlds; the steel to keep the liquid from sticking and delrin outside for comfort and to eliminate the taste issues some people have. If I had the means to manufacture these, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
That's a great idea. And also, the delrin on the outside would REALLY protect your lips from the steel heating up. I've seen people say that the Super-T steel ones don't heat up at all but I'm not buying it... it's metal and metal conducts heat fairly well.
ALSO- I saw a thread where some guys were talking about a blown Glass drip tip... which I think would be AWESOME. I'd personally just be satisfied with the plain clear glass ones... so you could see the vapor accumulating inside... but I bet people would go crazy over the colored ones, swirled, mosaic, marbled ones... smokers/vapers love stuff like that. Sort of like those tobacco pipes you see in shops... heh.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I got 5 metal 510 drip tips from heavens gifts for 8 bucks. Using on a 510 at 6+ volts (i know, I know, attys are lasting over a month at full steam though, so Im sticking to it) and havent noticed the tip getting warm at all. Juice flows right through too, no juice in my mouth to date with this. Of course shipping will kill ya if you are just ordering tips, but I just cant bring myself to pay over 2 bucks for a tip, even if shipping is free.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I saw a thread where some guys were talking about a blown Glass drip tip... which I think would be AWESOME.

I agree, but remember seeing a prototype of a blown glass tip and the tip was longer than the atomizer. If they could shorten those down to the size of "normal" tips, Id be down for a couple myself.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Nepenthy said:
I agree, but remember seeing a prototype of a blown glass tip and the tip was longer than the atomizer. If they could shorten those down to the size of "normal" tips, Id be down for a couple myself.
I never saw any prototypes. Is there any chance you could find that and link me perhaps?

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
Hey thx for the order yea the site Is still being optimized!

Yes i plan on having the following shortly

510/901=Delrin Aluminum Glass
801=Delrin Aluminum Glass
306=delrin aluminum Glass

The glass tips are going to stay red or clear due to simplicity maybe more colors later on

the anodizing will have more color options soon

Amajnecig He has cheap 510, 801, and 306 tips now and is planning on adding glass versions. I'll buy a 510 and a 306.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Amajnecig is a brand new store right?

How do these companies sell drip tips SOOO cheap? I mean are they really THAT cheap to make that they can sell them for 2 bucks and make a pretty big profit?

Yes, with the proper machining/casting technics, a mass production CAD system could pop them out for next to nothing. Small scale is a lot tougher to do cheaply, but also more thought may be put into the design.

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
Still not regretting my super t. After a couple of months or so, it's the only thing I do not have to replace. And only time I have issues it was because of user error i.e. flooding my atty. Even then, I have way less fluid in the mouth than any other tip I have used. And it still fits tightly. If I had to report an issue it is that sometimes I need to use a shirt sleeve to remove it because it fits that well. Sure, I can't compare it to the cheaper alternatives, because I'll never need to purchase them. When I need a new O-ring I'll be happy that they are a "dime a dozen." Until then, I am still very happy with what I have. So much so, my new e cig is a Super T Precise. I hope it will be my last hardware purchase besides atty's, juice and the odd non proprietary battery.

Cheers,

JaYBoNeS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread