The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why are drip tips so expensive?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Xanax, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VPDownunder

VPDownunder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    I've got both metal drip tips and Delrin, I prefer Delrin as it doesn't heat up during long draws and chain vaping and it tastes better to me.

2. radicaljd

radicaljd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've never noticed any problem with my stainless steel getting more than a little warm, but perhaps I don't vape as heavily as you.

I do notice that drops tend to stick a bit to the delrin before going into the atty, whereas that problem never occurs with stainless steel.

I guess that's why they have those choices. Everyone has different preferences.

3. J-ShaZzle

J-ShaZzle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2010
    South NJ
    I would just try one of each, they are cheap enough to do this. I do prefer my extended delrin tip though. I have 3 short deltin tips and 2 short stainless steel tips. My extended delrin does me right.

4. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    Hartford
    If you don't feel like sucking juice into your mouth or having to blow into your drip tip buy a Super-t. If you don't mind having a smaller hole, no funnel, and juice sticking into the drip tip buy a knock off.

It's nice not to have to worry about that with my T-tip. Also doesn't Nhaler's price for shipping make it more expensive than a T-tip?

5. mistake

mistake Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2009
    Astoria, New York
    sorry if someone already said this but puremoker.com has them for cheap... called zip tips there...

6. HeatherC

HeatherC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    I think it's becuz they are reusable indefinitely therefore they have to make money quick.
    I have 4 and have only used one...and I don't drip all that often except when trying new flavors (if I get lots of different flavs at once I might drip all day) OH and just a side note...on a kinda funny level....I don't recommend dripping and driving. Dripping and Driving BAD you can spill on your pants! LOL

7. radicaljd

Jun 16, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    That's true. Remember, friends don't let friends drip and drive! :p

8. J-ShaZzle

J-ShaZzle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2010
    South NJ
    I got 3 nhaler tips for the price of one super t-tip (nhaler was having a special price when buying 3). The are kinda of tight when attaching them to the atomizer though.

I most likely will purchase a super t tip when I purchase a precise. I feel like super t is the best when it comes to craftsmanship. I really really wanna buy a precise, but am limited on funds at the moment.

9. radicaljd

Jun 16, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have a Super T stainess steel T-tip, which I really love. But I do notice that it's fairly difficult to remove from the atty. Anyone know of any tricks to this?

10. Kizmara

Kizmara Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have a Super T stainess steel T-tip, which I really love. But I do notice that it's fairly difficult to remove from the atty. Anyone know of any tricks to this?

A pair of pliers does a pretty good job. Just make sure you put a cloth or something over the drip tip so not to scuff it up.

11. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Twist to take them out instead of pulling straight off works for me. I do have super T tips and GP and nhaler and eastmall or somewhere like that. I still prefer the nhaler ones to all the others.

12. VPDownunder

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    I've bought drip tips from a few different places and today got my Super T Tip and love it, I was surprised to find it doesn't heat up like my other metal ones too, I also got a delrin one but like this stainless one better, you don't even need to blow into it to move the juice down :)

13. Bombenhagel

Bombenhagel Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Nowhere
    How about using an empty cart?

1. Take out the fuzz.
    2. Bite off the end (510s come right off).
    3. Possibly hollow it out.

Free drip tip that doesn't look all phallic and that fits like a glove..!

14. HeatherC

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    phallic??? I hadn't noticed this aspect of drip tips LOL

15. VPDownunder

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    Yeah, if yours looks like a drip tip you better see a doctor lol.

16. HeatherC

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    LOL Good thing I have an appt this week :)

17. Xanax

Xanax Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    LOL no kidding... I'd be freaked out if I woke up and mine looked like a drip tip. I'm going to have nightmares about this now.

18. martha1014

martha1014 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    Delhi, LA USA
    I have 2 stainless steel ones from Super 6 and 2 Delrin from Nhaler. They either get stuck and almost impossible (use plyers) to remove or they just won't fit on the atomizers. I have completely quit using these and just use the the cap that comes on the atomizers and just remove the two black caps. I don't even drill them out. The eliquid just drips through the 2 holes.This has worked great.

19. VPDownunder

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    Never had a problem with my SS Super T tip getting stuck, fits in my EM attys beautifully and pops out with a twist without a huge effort.

20. BiffRocko

BiffRocko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    Ditto with my Super T delrin. Also for EM LR 510s and Joye 510s too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.