• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wisconsin Vapers - up for a vape in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Hey everyone! I just put some details in my blog.....I've got the first draft of the flyer, still working on it as I type here, and the beginnings of our schedule for the big event!

Wisconsin Vape-In schedule, details, etc.

I had a phone conversation with one of the owners of Johnson Creek - they would love to send a few people over to assist us in this - so we keep swelling moment by moment!

Vicki - great to have you here - your radio show is great! If you need a formalized press release from me, I can put together something for you - although it might be a cut-n-paste from my earlier email.......just let me know what's needed....and, how do you submit a press release, anyway? Is that something you could handle easily?

I will go along with anything Vicki recommends. She has NEVER failed me yet and she won't fail you either. Just remember, please, she gets done with her first radio program at noon and her studio is down in Fitchburg (the State recycling champions) - not real close to the State Capitol Bldg.

C-(getting warmer) Dad:evil:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I will go along with anything Vicki recommends. She has NEVER failed me yet and she won't fail you either. Just remember, please, she gets done with her first radio program at noon and her studio is down in Fitchburg (the State recycling champions) - not real close to the State Capitol Bldg.

C-(getting warmer) Dad:evil:

So.....we can break for lunch earlier or later to accomodate her....not a problem!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Schedule change----

Stubby, who is a Madison local, has suggested that we work to encompass the lunch hour, as there are many people in and out of the Capital (lunch, errands, etc) during that time... I have also asked him to suggest a place for us to meet, close in where we can park all our cars and then walk up to the dome.

Also, it was pointed out that Vicki McKenna does her morning broadcast until noon, in Fitchburg (about 20 minutes from the dome), so we want to accomodate her schedule, as well. I'm still hoping she's bringing media, but that's not confirmed yet.

We will meet at 11:00am (destination coming) for a meet n greet our fellow vapers (as none of us have met face to face, before...), then head on up to the dome....I'm hoping we'll be in place by 11:30. We can break for lunch, say 1:30-2:00ish. We can decide at that point if we want to pack it up or continue...

I have posted the draft of the pamphlet we'll be handing out in my blog - it will be fairly simple, a standard piece of paper folded in half to resemble a booklet, print on both sides. If anyone has anything to add to this, PM me or post it here.....I'll get any changes in ASAP. I will be stopping at my local Kinko's on Friday evening to have it printed up - so make sure you get additions to me before that...

Anyone else as pumped about this as I am?

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
We will meet at 11:00am (destination coming) for a meet n greet our fellow vapers (as none of us have met face to face, before...),

OMG...my first thought was "Hmm....good point; if we've never met before, how will we know who we are?"

D'oh!

Yah; been doing too much paperwork over the last 24 hours!!
=======
And yes; I'm very pumped up for this!!!

labrat

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Hey guys...thanks for linking up the podcast. I got the mail..but got a little buried today, so my apologies for not answering. I think it's a GREAT idea to have a vape-in on the Capitol grounds. I would love to help get this rolling. Not sure how many of us are passionate enough to do it, but anything helps. I am trying to entice a Madison TV station to do a story on this product. They seem interested. I think a well written press release put out to all area media would be a good idea, too. As I love to say "reporters are lazy", so serving them up something that's different, interesting and fun (like this) would likely be very appealing. A couple of bar owners I know also think the ecig is the ANSWER to the smoking ban problem, and are renting them out to customers--this could be another angle to entice these bozos in the MSM to cover this story.

Anyone can call my office if you all can keep me in the loop: 608-274-5450.

I'm also updating on Facebook, if anyone wants to link up to my page.

BTW, we were smoking the real thing on the Capitol grounds at the tea party, and the Capitol police never said boo. This is NOT a combustible item, so it should be perfectly legal to smoke in the shadow of the Great Dome of Wisdom in Madison.

And thanks for the nice comments on this thread. You are all too kind.

--Vicki McKenna

Hope to hear from one of you guys.

As many have already said, without Vicki McKenna I would still be a 1 and 1/2 pack a day smoker. You, young lady, ROCK. I am a huge fan and listen every chance I get. To stay on topic I wish you all the best. Turns out I have other engagements so cannot attend. But I will be looking for an update and listening on the radio for any info.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I've gone back through the posts, and here's the list of all us Capital Vapers...

MlrGrl
Jinx
TamaraSJ
RIA Flight25
Harmony Gardens
C-kool Dad 09
Vicki McKenna
Silver Fox
David Bruno
Stubby
Aschmidy
Johnson Creek Smoke Juice
Me!

If I've missed anyone, or if anyone else in the area has managed to clear their calander for the big event, just chime in...

I've got the flyer notes on my blog, as well as the updated schedule of events.....I still haven't heard back from Vicki - I will try to sneak off of work tomorrow noonish to give her a call.....

City of Madison Parking: Maps

Here's a link to the parking garages in the Madison/Capital area. I don't know how fast they're going to fill up, so I'm not going to pick one and take the chance that we don't all fit.....There are several parking garages around the Capital building, and there are Mapquest links embedded to help you map your way in.

I will PM all of you in just a second, and give out my cell phone #. (No 2am phone calls with heavy breathing, please.....:D) If you get lost, I may be able to talk you in.

Were going to meet on the State St. steps, at 11:00am. It's usually the area where this type of thing happens, according to Stubby, our Madison native. It's on the corner of Carol and Mifflin.

Again, keep posting questions, suggestions, good vibes or fun jokes here - let's keep the energy up and flowing!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
CheeseGirl - welcome to everything - the forum, to vaping, and to the greatest thing to hit Wisconsin since sliced cheese....

Nelson, I can definitely relate with needing a 2nd job (In my case :) ) to pay for my new hobby of collecting every vaping device known to man and aliens......we'll be breaking for lunch around 1:30-2:00ish, which would mean we would be back in action around 2:30-3. The main hours of the Capital would be until 5, with most of the admins & such going home around then...
I haven't committed anyone to the afternoon slot, I want to measure our reception at the morning time....

I will leave this up to the group - who wants to commit to the afternoon slot? 2:30-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread