WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
i have 6 Profile RDAs on various devices and all give me the perfect vape except for 1. For some reason, after i go through a bottle or 2 (it's on the LV Drone dna 200) i get a hot-spot in the mesh and can't continue to vape it. it's built and wicked the exact same way as the other 5. i've tried using the Wotofo cotton instead of my normal rayon. i've tried both SS and kanthal mesh (OFRF NexMesh) the mesh didn't glow when using SS in TC mode but it wasn't a good vape. in wattage mode i run it @ 40 watts. i even added a second spring but none of this has made a difference.

Any suggestions because i'm out of ideas?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
i have 6 Profile RDAs on various devices and all give me the perfect vape except for 1. For some reason, after i go through a bottle or 2 (it's on the LV Drone DNA 200) i get a hot-spot in the mesh and can't continue to vape it. it's built and wicked the exact same way as the other 5. i've tried using the Wotofo cotton instead of my normal rayon. i've tried both SS and kanthal mesh (OFRF NexMesh) the mesh didn't glow when using SS in TC mode but it wasn't a good vape. in wattage mode i run it @ 40 watts. i even added a second spring but none of this has made a difference.

Strange one. Perhaps strip the RDA down, removing the clamps and give it a good cleaning. May also want to look at the clamping area to ensure it is uniform with no significantly raised spots.

Never found the second spring to be beneficial.

Reactions: tw33k

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Strange one. Perhaps strip the RDA down, removing the clamps and give it a good cleaning. May also want to look at the clamping area to ensure it is uniform with no significantly raised spots.

Never found the second spring to be beneficial.

yeah...checking out the clamps is an idea...thanks. i'm also not sure the 2nd spring did anything but thought i should give it a go

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
i have 6 Profile RDAs on various devices and all give me the perfect vape except for 1. For some reason, after i go through a bottle or 2 (it's on the LV Drone DNA 200) i get a hot-spot in the mesh and can't continue to vape it. it's built and wicked the exact same way as the other 5. i've tried using the Wotofo cotton instead of my normal rayon. i've tried both SS and kanthal mesh (OFRF NexMesh) the mesh didn't glow when using SS in TC mode but it wasn't a good vape. in wattage mode i run it @ 40 watts. i even added a second spring but none of this has made a difference.

NeXMesh didn't work for me, but as I'm a NET vaper probably why, But Wotofo Mesh perfect, It's worth giving that a try.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
NexMesh works beautifully for me in 5 of the Profiles. It's just the 1 i'm having problems with. i pulled the atty apart, cleaned it and put a new build in it. fingers crossed

I also had a similar experience with one profile rda. It just seems to develop hot spots over time. The rest of my profiles don't do it, just one. I still have not pinpointed the problem, even when I stripped it along side one that didn't do it. I didn't see a clear issue that would cause it or any difference between the good one and problematic one. I got tired of messing with it and shelved it. Now I switched back to my single coil flavor banger RDAs and put all 5 of my profiles up. In all honesty I don't miss them. I'm mostly a flavor chaser, and my small single coil RDAs just fulfill that job a bit better. But if you are still having this issue I will pull them back out and go over mine again but in more depth and see if I can spot a reason for it.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I also had a similar experience with one profile rda. It just seems to develop hot spots over time. The rest of my profiles don't do it, just one. I still have not pinpointed the problem, even when I stripped it along side one that didn't do it. I didn't see a clear issue that would cause it or any difference between the good one and problematic one. I got tired of messing with it and shelved it. Now I switched back to my single coil flavor banger RDAs and put all 5 of my profiles up. In all honesty I don't miss them. I'm mostly a flavor chaser, and my small single coil RDAs just fulfill that job a bit better. But if you are still having this issue I will pull them back out and go over mine again but in more depth and see if I can spot a reason for it.

You are using the Profile on a mechanical correct? And were trimming the mesh strips to raise the resistance?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I stopped trimming, it left the edges sharp and jagged which made it a pain to rewick. But yes, mechs and using the .18 ka strips.

Gotcha. I would imagine all those jaggies would pose a challenge wicking.

Big fan of the Profile and it’s Unity RTA counterpart. Tried the Profile with both the NexMESH and Wotofo strips on a mech, didn’t care for it. The NexMESH strips are 39mg, the Wotofo is 33mg – not a lot of mass to be handling the kind of power a mech can produce at those respected resistances. Wonder if the new NexMESH and Vandy Vape SS strips would fair any better.

Anyhoo….bit puzzling why one RDA is posing a problem and not any of the others. Only conclusion I can think of is a bad, or poor mechanical connection in the deck. Certainly a strange one.

I too have experienced hot spots but they have never been segregated to just one RDA (own 8 of them). Wicking, damaged or deformed strip or even a carbonized buildup from sugary juices has always been the source.

• Useful
Reactions: 440BB

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Gotcha. I would imagine all those jaggies would pose a challenge wicking.

Big fan of the Profile and it’s Unity RTA counterpart. Tried the Profile with both the NexMESH and Wotofo strips on a mech, didn’t care for it. The NexMESH strips are 39mg, the Wotofo is 33mg – not a lot of mass to be handling the kind of power a mech can produce at those respected resistances. Wonder if the new NexMESH and Vandy Vape SS strips would fair any better.

Anyhoo….bit puzzling why one RDA is posing a problem and not any of the others. Only conclusion I can think of is a bad, or poor mechanical connection in the deck. Certainly a strange one.

I too have experienced hot spots but they have never been segregated to just one RDA (own 8 of them). Wicking, damaged or deformed strip or even a carbonized buildup from sugary juices has always been the source.
It has confused me too. There has to be an explanation, but it has eluded me so far. I will dig deeper into the bad one I have and see if anything stands out when I get the time.

I do like the profile, it's a solid rda. It's like a dual coil vape with the energy consumption of a single coil. I just prefer my haku, krma, and gr1 a bit more for the boost in flavor. The profile isn't necessarily lacking in the flavor department, just not quite as focused on flavor as the others I mentioned are. I will still use the profile for sure, when I get that itch for cloud production I will be grabbing it again.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Profile hot spot on one RDA only...sounds like maybe the mesh could be touching the chimney and shorting...is this possible?

No, the strip is too short to allow any incorrect installation that would result in contact with the chimney. Not to mention you would create an electrical short.

• Agree
Reactions: Zaryk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Profile hot spot on one RDA only...sounds like maybe the mesh could be touching the chimney and shorting...is this possible?

Mine isn't. It will likely be something to do with the clamps. One side may not be completely flat and causing the mesh to heat up unevenly, weakening one section of mesh and leading to the hotspot after some use. This is just my initial thought though and have no proof to back it up yet.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
High current could melt and create a hot spot....mesh is very thin.

I see. Yes, I would suspect the high current would just burn through the mesh but this would be instant, not a gradual degradation – assuming the device didn’t recognize the short and spit out an atomizer error.

I shadow @Zaryk thought in that there must be a problem with the mechanical connection between the posts and the mesh

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I see. Yes, I would suspect the high current would just burn through the mesh but this would be instant, not a gradual degradation – assuming the device didn’t recognize the short and spit out an atomizer error.

I shadow @Zaryk thought in that there must be a problem with the mechanical connection between the posts and the mesh

I just lightly sanded the clamps in question with 1000 grit sand paper, and I'm now starting to test it to see if it still does it. I'll update after a couple of squonk bottles of juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread