Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Found an American vendor with some blue digiflavor mesh pro rda’s if anyone is interested. Heathers heavenly vapes has them in the clearance section for $12.99. HHVGIFT15 Will give you 15% off.

Thanks kindly for the lead @madstabber. I got another blue one (would have bought more of them but it turns out I got last one, and the sliver version was already sold out). The gift code didn't work on this sale, but the sale price is giveaway.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks kindly for the lead @madstabber. I got another blue one (would have bought more of them but it turns out I got last one, and the sliver version was already sold out). The gift code didn't work on this sale, but the sale price is giveaway.
Happy I could help, I’m pretty sure that’s the last DMP for sale in the Western Hemisphere, lol. I was searching for a long time. I still like my profile better but the DMP is a very close second. Only reason is I like a tighter draw but they are both flavor monsters.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Happy I could help, I’m pretty sure that’s the last DMP for sale in the Western Hemisphere, lol. I was searching for a long time. I still like my profile better but the DMP is a very close second. Only reason is I like a tighter draw but they are both flavor monsters.

It's been over 5 years since I bought anything from HHV (simply because I haven't bought premade joose forever), so would have never thought of looking for the atty's on their site. I don't have any issues with the draw as I can get the draw I want perfect for my long DLH's on either of them. I like the DMP's the most (will now have 9 counting the 3 clones), and would have bought 3-4 more silver versions from HHV as well if they still had them. But I also like the Profiles a lot so will probably pick up to 4 more of them as well to go with the 4 I have. While I don't use the lions share of them anymore, I have 48 squonk mods. So I'll just bring some more of them back out of moth balls to run the left over DMP and Profiles.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
@Spydro i have a question for ya since i know you run SS mesh in your profiles.How do you get an even heat on this stuff.I've tried 2 new pieces of SS,and all i get is the equivalent of hot legs,just glows right above the posts on each side,but the center does nothing.I've tried strumming across all of it,moving it around a bit,etc. and still the same thing,so i went back to the stock mesh they come with for now.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Spydro i have a question for ya since i know you run SS mesh in your profiles.How do you get an even heat on this stuff.I've tried 2 new pieces of SS,and all i get is the equivalent of hot legs,just glows right above the posts on each side,but the center does nothing.I've tried strumming across all of it,moving it around a bit,etc. and still the same thing,so i went back to the stock mesh they come with for now.

That is strange. From my first impression it seemed to me that the Profiles clamps are not as robust as those on the DMP's and VVM RDA's, are a bit harder to get the strips centered in, etc... so maybe you have an electrical connection issue between the clamps/mesh or with the Profile itself. Add that I am not sure which SS mesh you are referring to having the problems with. IOW, I have a sheet of 400X400 left over from years ago used as wick for a genesis style RDA (NoName NoGain); a roll of Vandy Vapes SS mesh sold for their Mesh RDA's and the new OFRF nextMesh sold for the Profiles. I have used the 400 and VV mesh in my DMP's with none of the issues you mention at all despite by being cut to size their not having the solid band of SS on the ends of the strips (same as the stock strips that come with both of them) that the Profile's KA1 and nestMESH strips have that possibly aide in making a solid electrical connection in the clamps. But I have not tried either of those SS options in any of my Profiles. The SS mesh in them is the nextMesh, that has also had no issues of any kind. In all of my many mesh RDA's (DMP's VVM's and Profiles) I get consistent heat instantly over 100% of the exposed mesh strips.

It would be the easiest and fastest for you to troubleshoot your mesh, RDA and battery connections. If you are using some kind of SS mesh you have to cut to size the only way I could try to troubleshoot it from this end would be to try to duplicate it on one of my Profiles with the 400 or VV mesh that I have not tried on them yet.

I don't know if any of this will help... but its a starting place.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That is strange. From my first impression it seemed to me that the Profiles clamps are not as robust as those on the DMP's and VVM RDA's, are a bit harder to get the strips centered in, etc... so maybe you have an electrical connection issue between the clamps/mesh or with the Profile itself. Add that I am not sure which SS mesh you are referring to having the problems with. IOW, I have a sheet of 400X400 left over from years ago used as wick for a genesis style RDA (NoName NoGain); a roll of Vandy Vapes SS mesh sold for their Mesh RDA's and the new OFRF nextMesh sold for the Profiles. I have used the 400 and VV mesh in my DMP's with none of the issues you mention at all despite by being cut to size their not having the solid band of SS on the ends of the strips (same as the stock strips that come with both of them) that the Profile's KA1 and nestMESH strips have that possibly aide in making a solid electrical connection in the clamps. But I have not tried either of those SS options in any of my Profiles. The SS mesh in them is the nextMesh, that has also had no issues of any kind. In all of my many mesh RDA's (DMP's VVM's and Profiles) I get consistent heat instantly over 100% of the exposed mesh strips.

It would be the easiest and fastest for you to troubleshoot your mesh, RDA and battery connections. If you are using some kind of SS mesh you have to cut to size the only way I could try to troubleshoot it from this end would be to try to duplicate it on one of my Profiles with the 400 or VV mesh that I have not tried on them yet.

I don't know if any of this will help... but its a starting place.
Yeah,it's the Vandy vape mesh i tried.Someone had mentioned they use it full width,but cut the ends to fit the clamps,so that's what i tried with no success haha.I tried 2 pieces thinking maybe something was wrong with the first,but both did the same,so i thought maybe there was a way to work out the hot spots.I haven't had that issue with the A1 that came with them,they glow evenly across the entire piece,but this SS is just 2 spots,1 above each post.It still vaped ok like that,but only shot vapor out from those 2 spots nothing from the center.
I have Profile #3 coming any day,so i'll give it a shot again when it gets here.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yeah,it's the Vandy vape mesh i tried.Someone had mentioned they use it full width,but cut the ends to fit the clamps,so that's what i tried with no success haha.I tried 2 pieces thinking maybe something was wrong with the first,but both did the same,so i thought maybe there was a way to work out the hot spots.I haven't had that issue with the A1 that came with them,they glow evenly across the entire piece,but this SS is just 2 spots,1 above each post.It still vaped ok like that,but only shot vapor out from those 2 spots nothing from the center.
I have Profile #3 coming any day,so i'll give it a shot again when it gets here.

Full width on the VV mesh is 10mm IIRC, so way wider than the Profile uses. When I used the 400 and VV mesh I cut them to the recommended size for the DMP's and VVM's, then resized from there for the net value I wanted from them. Could be if you cut the VV mesh to the exact same size as the KA1 in the Profile you'll be good to go.

When ever I finally do have to re 'coil' a Profile (or buy more of them), I'll try to remember to play with some VV mesh in it just for S&G. I am actually quite happy with the SS(sic) OFRF nexMesh in them that came in @ .12Ω in all of mine, like that way better than the KA1 .18Ω strips that comes with them. So I have not fiddled with cutting custom mesh for them at all.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I am actually quite happy with the SS OFRF nexMesh in them that came in @ .12Ω

You saying that OFRF now offers the nexMESh in SS? I have only seen the Kanthal strips.

Ordered a spool of the VV SS mesh, 200 holes per inch at 1.2ohm per foot. Still waiting for delivery. Got it on discount so if it doesn’t work out not a huge loss in investment.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
You saying that OFRF now offers the nexMESh in SS? I have only seen the Kanthal strips.

Ordered a spool of the VV SS mesh, 200 holes per inch at 1.2ohm per foot. Still waiting for delivery. Got it on discount so if it doesn’t work out not a huge loss in investment.

Brain fart, thanks for the correction. :oops: I run SS in everything else I vape, so had SS on the mind.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Damn….was getting my hopes up. Thanks for the clarification.

Understand the hoping. I'll put SS in when I have to change the strip in one of mine, see how it does compared to the OFRF A1;) strips. I like a lower build then the included A1 strips come in at, why I am using them. But I can build for that with the SS mesh.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Full width on the VV mesh is 10mm IIRC, so way wider than the Profile uses. When I used the 400 and VV mesh I cut them to the recommended size for the DMP's and VVM's, then resized from there for the net value I wanted from them. Could be if you cut the VV mesh to the exact same size as the KA1 in the Profile you'll be good to go.

When ever I finally do have to re 'coil' a Profile (or buy more of them), I'll try to remember to play with some VV mesh in it just for S&G. I am actually quite happy with the SS(sic) OFRF nexMesh in them that came in @ .12Ω in all of mine, like that way better than the KA1 .18Ω strips that comes with them. So I have not fiddled with cutting custom mesh for them at all.
Profile #3 got here today,so i'm going to try it again in that one.The width of VV mesh is wider than what comes with the profile,but it sits right about the same width of the outside of the clamps,so i only had to trim maybe a 1/16" off each side to make it fit in the clamps.I will try it that way again,and if it doesn't work like that,i'll trim the whole piece to the same size as what comes with it.I may also fold the ends over to make it a bit thicker where it goes into the clamps,to see if maybe that's what was causing the problem,since it is really thin.
I thought about getting some of the Nexmesh to try out,but .12 is lower than i like to go,especially on my mechs,i like to stay at .2-.25 ohms on those.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's what i got is the 200 mesh.After messing with it a bit,it is a nice vape from it.I used it full width in the profile,but i notched the ends to fit in the clamps,and i also folded the ends over to double up the thickness where it goes into the clamps,that seemed to help get a better connection for me.Cut to the same length after doubling the ends, as the A1 strips that come with the rda,i got an ohm reading of .2 out of it.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Anyone getting spitback on their profile? I finally decided to try this since they made a dual battery squonk, regulated that wasn't 250+ and I seem to be getting a bit of spitback, just a fine mist. I'm running the ORFF mesh at 70w.

EDIT: Anyone using kendo vape cotton? I tried to rewick and must have done something wrong as I got a few dry hits which were god awful and even with the wick saturated I was still getting a burnt taste. I tried an entire strand of kendo but maybe that wasn't enough do I add more and how do I combine the two strands together? I also added more springs under the wicking platform so i have 3 under there now so maybe that'll help.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
That's what i got is the 200 mesh.After messing with it a bit,it is a nice vape from it.I used it full width in the profile,but i notched the ends to fit in the clamps,and i also folded the ends over to double up the thickness where it goes into the clamps,that seemed to help get a better connection for me.Cut to the same length after doubling the ends, as the A1 strips that come with the rda,i got an ohm reading of .2 out of it.

Thanks for the tip. Just put a build together using the VV SS mesh, cut it roughly the same size as the Wotofo strips, came out to 0.18 ohms.

Anyone getting spitback on their profile? I finally decided to try this since they made a dual battery squonk, regulated that wasn't 250+ and I seem to be getting a bit of spitback, just a fine mist. I'm running the ORFF mesh at 70w.

EDIT: Anyone using kendo vape cotton? I tried to rewick and must have done something wrong as I got a few dry hits which were god awful and even with the wick saturated I was still getting a burnt taste. I tried an entire strand of kendo but maybe that wasn't enough do I add more and how do I combine the two strands together? I also added more springs under the wicking platform so i have 3 under there now so maybe that'll help.

Do you still have any of the Wotofo cotton left? Use that as a guide for how much Kendo to use.

Never tried Kendo cotton - for the Profile I’ve used the Wotofo supplied cotton, a full square pad of organic Japanese cotton with the outer shell removed, and Firebolt cotton strings.

For the Fire Bolt, Rip Trippers suggested to use 4 strings, I have found you can get away with just 3 and no worries of dry burns from lose fitting wicks.

Reactions: b.m.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Thanks for the tip. Just put a build together using the VV SS mesh, cut it roughly the same size as the Wotofo strips, came out to 0.18 ohms.

Do you still have any of the Wotofo cotton left? Use that as a guide for how much Kendo to use.

Never tried Kendo cotton - for the Profile I’ve used the Wotofo supplied cotton, a full square pad of organic Japanese cotton with the outer shell removed, and Firebolt cotton strings.

For the Fire Bolt, Rip Trippers suggested to use 4 strings, I have found you can get away with just 3 and no worries of dry burns from lose fitting wicks.
That's a lot of cotton, so it really needs to be packed in there. Luckily I have some firebolt so i was able to only fit 3 strands since I have 3 springs under the platform. We'll see how this vapes tomorrow.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

I have never had any spit back from any of my Profiles. A lesson learned early on with mesh RDA's well over a year ago is probably mainly why. On one of my first mesh RDA's (one of my VVM's that uses a massive wick) I got some spit back after it had been in use for a couple of weeks. I found that it was due to a hot spot on the mesh when the wick was fully saturated with what was excess joose. The hot spot was the result of a small hard spot of sweet crud on the mesh from the DIY I was running in it that was sweeter than I would normally vape. It had somewhat deformed the mesh into a depression that had standing joose in it. Crud removed from the mesh, no more spit back (but I installed a new strip of mesh and wick in it anyway). I learned when to wet the massive wicks without drowning them in these RDA's, and have never had the problem since (I now have 16 mesh RDA's).

For wicking my mesh RDA's I mostly use Cotton Bacon V2 that is pulled and rolled to size. I do have a supply of the Wotofo wicking for the Profiles... but tend to use the CBV2 in them instead. However one of my Profiles currently does have some KGD cotton pad in it. The pad was cut long to the size experience suggested, I removed the outer 'skins', then pulled and rolled same as the CBV2. Both wicking options work very well for the gear they are in. As for the KGD in my larger mesh RDA's (DMP's/VVM's), while I have not tried it in them I doubt the width of one pad would not be enough to wick them the way I wick mine.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
That's a lot of cotton, so it really needs to be packed in there. Luckily I have some firebolt so i was able to only fit 3 strands since I have 3 springs under the platform. We'll see how this vapes tomorrow.

It does require a lot of cotton and to be packed in there – you want it tight with no voids between the mesh and the cotton. But despite the amount of cotton that is required, I have found the cotton last much longer than your typical coil should it be properly wicked and not experience any dry burns. I personally haven’t found the need to add the extra springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread