Youde Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
For those who owned this RTA for some time. Does it eventually leak out the air hole or the bottom seam of the AFC ring? Just concerned because i've almost kinda had it with the Billows leaking out of the AFC screws so I'm set to try another RTA now. If it still does leak out, I'll just epoxy seal the screws on the Billows and it should be golden.

1 week / 2 tank fulls in and no leaking anywhere yet...

Lundude

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Utah
has anyone just returned it? I just stuck mine in a drawer and wrote it off, not sure its even worth the hassle to return it.I just cant believe they put things out that have an easy fix that should have not been sold like this. Getting tired of buying things that just dont work, thats 2 tanks in a row,with the billow being the other. I can trap 26g but it is not tight enough to hold a connection. Very frustrated

Last edited:

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
has anyone just returned it? I just stuck mine in a drawer and wrote it off, not sure its even worth the hassle to return it.I just cant believe they put things out that have an easy fix that should have not been sold like this. Getting tired of buying things that just dont work, thats 2 tanks in a row,with the billow being the other. I can trap 26g but it is not tight enough to hold a connection. Very frustrated

Can't go wrong with a $12 (piece-parted) Orchid V4 from FT. :)

musicmanryann

Jan 6, 2015
Iowa
Add me to the group of people that cant get his positive screws to tighten down. Part of the issue I can see is that the point the screws were filed down to isn't centered so it will always leave a big gap on one side. Basically only the very tip of the point reaches the bottom of the post hole. No idea the purpose of filing them at all or making them so dang short. Was so excited to give this guy a toot this evening after all the great things I have been hearing about it.

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
Well here is my assessment with the Goblin. I'm using 26awg with 8 wraps on a 7/64th drill bit running at .5. I have to say that I think the flavor is not there. I do like the fact that I never get a dry it but for the most part its flavorless. IDK it could be to the fact that the chimney is too narrow. I have a Lemo Drop and it has great flavor but I get a dry hit every now and then.

I have the lights down low and playing some Berry White.I hoping the the Goblin and the Lemo get it on and produce the perfect RTA

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
How one sets the airflow on this truly determines the flavor production and the material you wick it with will play a big part as well. I have my own on order but I used a friend if mine for a day or 2 as he has 2 of them he bought one for his lady and she didn't like it as much as she thought she would she says it produces to much vapor for her LOL! He didn't want to sell it said he would keep it for a backup but let me try it to see if I wanted one and I'll say this it is easy peasey to build and is versatile if you looking to cloud chase without having to drip it will get it done if you want to flavor chase it will get it done too. Out of all the newer high airflow RTA's out right now this and the Billow are the top 2 in my book followed by the Delta II. I ran a .3 ohm build on this with some cotton man angel hair cotton and got outstanding flavor out of it with a 10/90 apple bread pudding juice. I also was running it @ 75 watts on a Sig 100watt box if that makes any difference. I love it love it love it!!!!! Can't wait until mine get's here as I'm kinda bummed out from having to return the borrowed one.

Sunburst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Well, I just re wicked it using the method from that youtube video posted. So far so good.

But man, that guy on the youtube vid needs to learn to edit, and get to the point. He said the video was about wicking the goblin, but it took 30 minutes to get to the wicking.

Eh, I love TJ. He seems like a fantastic human being and I always truly enjoy his videos. I always learn something too. I don't mind since I have more free time than most. Glad it worked out for you. :)

bnitch

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Mooresville, NC. USA
Last edited:

kitten frenzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Those are course threads, you will ruin your goblin. I ordered a couple of different screws from China, have to wait and see. These are screws that they use in things like hard drives and maybe computers, won;t find replacements in a hardware store.

I thought the only difference between coarse and fine was the pitch?

The pitch on the screws for the Goblin is 0.4, which is M2 coarse.

This is all from just reading up on the topic for the last day. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread