Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I LOVE MY BUZZ!!

One thing I would like to see change is the Voltage adjustment Screw. I don't like how it is recessed inside the tube, and think having it flush-mounted would make for a much cleaner look. Also, it is a little small. I would prefer something larger.

If I have one more small change, I would like a larger button. Something a little softer on the fingers would be nice.

Overall, this thing is great! I really like the way it feels in my hand! And I don't think one could build a better performing unit if they tried !!!

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
All suggestions and complaints ( IF I can call them that ? )
Will be taken into consideration.

I appreciate your input people !! REALLY

the switch is like it is BECAUSE it is good for 1,000,000 presses SO !
I have looked far and wide for something just a little bigger with goods operational life but no luck so far .

There are stock electrical parts available , I am using parts that are made by companies that have been at this for a LONG TIME , that is where a lot of the reliability will come from.

We have all seen the homemade switches FAIL miserably , I am NOT going to make my own switch I will leave that to the expert companies like C&K

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
This comes from someone who has not yet used the Buzz:

Some kind of knob and indicator (eliminating the need for a screwdriver and multimeter) for non-techs like me. The knob could be something like the date and time setter on a watch, i.e., it doesn't engage unless you pull it out. The indicator: I'm not sure how that could be implemented (but, as I said, I'm non-technical;)).

Oh yeah: and pretty, e.g., like the Precious.

I really am being sincere here and not snarly. I'm sure you're finding that there is a market for the Buzz as currently implemented. However, the Buzz concept has so much potential, that market could be eGO-sized. What is it about the eGO (and its imitators) that has caused it to be such a mega-hit? Implement/adapt whatever aspects are possible into a Buzz V2, e.g., sleek and sexy, easy (drip, click, and vape).

For V3, include an AFS that isn't a clunky-looking afterthought. [Any snideness you detect in that phrasing is not directed at NotCigs.]

I offer these naive, non-technical comments to provide insight into the mind of (what I believe is) the bulk of the vaping community.

Last edited:

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I say don't screw up a good thing. Be grateful for what you’ve got. The Buzz is great as is.

My biggest problem with vaping is juice delivery. With carts and cartos I loose taste and TH after about 7 or 8 hits. I don't know if it's me or the juice gets stale. Dripping works the best but it's a PITA.

Invent a fuel tank for the Buzz. I have seen the AFS and the Bombinette and they look very intriguing.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Thanks for the input Don ! and I agree with you .
As a first gen device it will be mainly a technical device ( prove the design first ) then pretty it up and add the bells and whistles.

That is the reason I have a Provisional Patent Application in with the USPTO ( US Patent and Trademark Office ) .

As I am beginning to believe that this type of variable device may be an introduction to the future of vaping.

I am listening to the Vapers out there very closely , sometimes what appears to be the Holy grail is just a prelude to an unknown product .

My focus has been and will be the advancement of the technologies involved in these devices , Of course I will be working on the Holy Grail device as well.

Again thanks for your input.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I would not call them complaints. And I don't mean that the button is painful by any means. It just isn't soft (ie: a JOYE 501 button).

It works fabulously I might add. 1 Million presses huh? I guess the race is on...
I wonder who's will wear out first?!?

I also love the position of the button. Perfect! I held of from buying a battery mod for some time because I wanted the switch in just the right place. I FOUND IT!

Switches aside...
The voltage adjustment screw... I love the way the silver Phillips head screw looks on the opposite side of the BUZZ, Something akin to that for the adjustment screw would be great. Maybe flathead so we could tell them apart...

whatever the V2/ BUZZ Jr./ 2nd Gen... looks like, i'm sure I'll get one!

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
I'm fine with everything, but if I had to make suggestions, I'd say yes, the button is a tad hard on the thumb (not enough to worry about) and maybe the adjustment screw might be better (silly though it sounds) as a Phillips for those of us with glasses. :) Glasses or not, my screwdriver wants to slip out of something that small fairly easily. Otherwise, I really don't mind a recessed screw without a knob and indicator. It's not like you're gonna adjust it all that often after you settle in.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I've been looking at designs for an electronic juice feed system and can't figure out a cost effective way to do it. Micropumps are just too expensive right now unless you buy a thousand of them! I think the easiest 'bolt-on' you could do is modify your dripper setup with a 1/4 turn lock, invert it using a 3ml bottle, and drill through an adapter into the central tube for a bottom feed.

FWIW: My initial plans had the feed running through the length of the device and up through the central hole. I planned on a larger bolt with a central hole (insulated of course) to make the positive connection to the atty and the reservoir on the bottom of the device integrated into the base with a 10ml bottle thread. It could still be done with a push to feed pump head though.

Last edited:

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
the only thing i can think of would be to make a custom case for the buzz mod. somthing nice with little spots for attys/cartos/T tips, another spot for 2nd set of batterys,

you know those vests with little holding places for shotgun shells, well something like that inside the case for everything. then a nice stitched "Buzz" on the front.

If you make this case then can I get a discount since I was first to post about it? lol

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA
Like this one? :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/notcigs/104357-buzz-carrying-case.html

the only thing i can think of would be to make a custom case for the buzz mod. somthing nice with little spots for attys/cartos/T tips, another spot for 2nd set of batterys,

you know those vests with little holding places for shotgun shells, well something like that inside the case for everything. then a nice stitched "Buzz" on the front.

If you make this case then can I get a discount since I was first to post about it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread