GG Customers Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Hi guys, I just want to inject some info about the atomizers. I had problems with the Bestecig atomizers on 6v. While these are great (and cheap) with 3.7v, they don't handle the 6v. So I got some from Widows Bead Work - E-cigarette Store and they are $10 (901) work great and appear to be identical to TW's but less cost.:) I will take one apart and measure the coil diameter to be sure, as soon as one dies. I have been using my first one for 2 weeks now with 6v and no issues. The reason some companies can sell cheap atomizers is they use smaller diameter wire in the coil. This is no good for 6v.
For the 801 I hear the Janty's are the best for 6v but they are $18ea. 8-o
This is interesting, too. The ones I burned out though were 3 different brands. I think 2 of the 4 were the really solid 901s-- they had an all-brass connection. Out of the other two, one was from bestecig and had a brass-plated connection. The fourth atomizer was stainless steel on the outside (not silver-plate) and also had a brass-plated connection. The connectors on the 2 without the imprinted numbers inside were different from eachother.

I have a few janty atomizers. Maybe I'll try those with the adapter soon.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Imeo,

Thank you for the quick reply! It's all SO confusing in this 6V realm. I know you vape 901's all the time, but I've seen so many people here complain about the "harsh" or burnt taste. Do you notice an increase in flavor with 801 vs. 901?

My 510 / Dura C is my all around town e cig, so I'm not short on attys. for that guy. As a flavor producer, it's not my all time favorite...should I not get the 801 adapter, and go with the Dura C / 510?

At 6V, does the 510 improve on it's flavor?...AWWRRRRGH!...someone please give me the GOLDEN answer :rolleyes:

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Imeo,

Will do...I've sent an email to Tim with the appropriate ?'s, but the poor lads seem to be in dreaded computer hell (sorry guys, as I know what that's like). I can't wait for the GG version 5, and it makes not getting one a couple weeks ago a last minute treat! You should definitely take pride in having your footprint in the beginning stages of quite the revolution. TAKE THAT BIG tobacco...PEOPLE WHO TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR WORK, CARE FOR OTHER PEOPLE, AND ARE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE A BUCK IN THE PROCESS!

VIVA LA Revolución!

I think I'll take your advice and just order one of everything:thumb:, and help out with one more friendly review...3.7 / 6V - 801, 901, and 510...drip, drip, drip...ahhhhhh!

Σε ευχαριστώ,
Mr.e

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
"Σε ευχαριστω". You are a classic Greek man I think friend xa xa.

I believe that the pleasure will be extraordinary. I really believe that you just bought "the best e-cig of the world":D

I am waiting for your review mister, I will be glad to hear the good news. (Feel free to say the bad things too, no problem;))

Thanks 4563534235.......... opppssssss wrong name sorry:D

aline

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
FRANCE
I buy the GG on SmokeJuice.com (i will receive it on friday i hope), but i am reading you and i have some questions.

How to know if i buy the better version ? Because you make lot of changes ! I will be a little be dissapointed if i not receive the better GG one !

Perhaps, it was better to wait that you totaly finish the GG before put it for sell on SmokeJuice. What do you think about it ? I think lot of people will be a little bit worried to see that they buy a GG but not the better version.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I buy the GG on SmokeJuice.com (i will receive it on friday i hope), but i am reading you and i have some questions.

How to know if i buy the better version ? Because you make lot of changes ! I will be a little be dissapointed if i not receive the better GG one !

Perhaps, it was better to wait that you totaly finish the GG before put it for sell on SmokeJuice. What do you think about it ? I think lot of people will be a little bit worried to see that they buy a GG but not the better version.

Aline, I like you avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a finishing matter about GG, its because I like changes for the better results. If you wait for the best version you wil wait for ever:D. The GG is not unfinished, it is just diferent.

And dont get disapointed if you see something new that your GG has not have it. If you want every six months you can make a little update.

GG is a special cigarette for people who know what to buy and it is always the best. But all things in this life can be a little better (if you like to think and you love your product). So dont wait for me sweety because you will never have one.

I say again that I like your avatar. I will not ask if its you because you are, I am sure:)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk

Hi Aline -:)

I will just try to put your mind at rest here....

These continual updates Imeo is doing are very subtle differences really.

The GG you will receive an update of the one I use, but I am more than happy with mine and to be honest can not see much of a difference with this and his latest update.
Imeo only mentions these updates because he is very open source about the GG, when in actual fact the performance of the GG remains identical to my original. Most manufacturers would perform small continual updates of a product but not mention it because for the user there is no discernible difference - IMEO is however very open about these small adjustments he makes.

Perhaps it would be easier if he didn't mention these updates....

The key here is for anyone who receives their GG, if they are not happy or their GG is not fully functional, we are here to repair or replace it while it is still under warranty. We both really want you to get the best out of your GG so it goes without saying that we will answer your questions or troubleshoot through any difficulties you may have.

I hope that helps -

Kind Regards

Tim :)

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
I had some initial teething issues with my new GG (which I've had in my hot little hands for a couple of days now) but after rereading the posts and Tim's recent advice (thanks for that Tim over cleaning and connections) I'm getting far more consistant vapour.

I'm absolutely delighted with it and it's certainly generating a lot of interest when I'm out and about. One guy informed it was "a Philip Morris product" and even asked me if I worked for Philip Morris!!! Imagine!:rolleyes: I assured him of course he wouldn't find the product on the Philip Morris site. I even get stopped on the street with people intrigued. The novelty of this may wear off!! Because it produces so much vapour you get some very envious glances from smokers, who I suppose are wondering if it's the phreakin' Holy Grail... :evil:

I'm still getting to grips with how much to top up without spillage but I'm sure that will come with practice. Also the beast doesn't stop producing vapour after 10 sucks and if I'm in a bar I don't always spot the "burnt" taste after a few Vodka Martinis:)

Anyway, many many thanks to Imeo and Tim. I'm thinking the GG was very much one of my better investments and I'm very much in love with my new toy as an aid to continue to being smoke free.:thumb:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I had some initial teething issues with my new GG (which I've had in my hot little hands for a couple of days now) but after rereading the posts and Tim's recent advice (thanks for that Tim over cleaning and connections) I'm getting far more consistant vapour.

I'm absolutely delighted with it and it's certainly generating a lot of interest when I'm out and about. One guy informed it was "a Philip Morris product" and even asked me if I worked for Philip Morris!!! Imagine!:rolleyes: I assured him of course he wouldn't find the product on the Philip Morris site. I even get stopped on the street with people intrigued. The novelty of this may wear off!! Because it produces so much vapour you get some very envious glances from smokers, who I suppose are wondering if it's the phreakin' Holy Grail... :evil:

I'm still getting to grips with how much to top up without spillage but I'm sure that will come with practice. Also the beast doesn't stop producing vapour after 10 sucks and if I'm in a bar I don't always spot the "burnt" taste after a few Vodka Martinis:)

Anyway, many many thanks to Imeo and Tim. I'm thinking the GG was very much one of my better investments and I'm very much in love with my new toy as an aid to continue to being smoke free.:thumb:

Great news Vaughanie and pleased you got through the initial problems okay!

I suspect the folk who were asking whether it was a Philip Morris product probably thought it was something like one of these heatbars:

heatbar1_4.jpg

This is the heatbar which they brought out a little while ago... a way of still being able to buy lovely analogues but instead of smoking them, you insert a cigarette in one end and the Heatbar generates enough heat to vaporise the tobacco as a healthier alternative to smoking.

Any takers? :p

jangler

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Las Vegas NV
Hi all, I'm a new GG owner. I ordered my GG from smokejuice. The one I ordered comes with charger, battery and atty. I really want to like this but so far the atty that it came with is dead along with 2 other spares I have (both are brand new). I know this is the updated version because I received an email saying that the delay was due to upgrades being made to fix the short circuit problem. All my attys have that serial number in the inner brass part. I don't know if that makes a difference, and since it came with an atty, I thought that this atty at least should have lasted. I made sure the batteries are charged and the batteries are good. I did this by testing yet another atty just to see if it's the battery, and it fired up. I stopped using it for fear of frying another atty. I also made sure that the atty is kept wet but not drowning. When the atty stopped functioning I looked inside and the wick is wet. I blew thru the battery end and only 1 drop comes out. On one atty 2 drops came out. I've only used it 1 day and already lost 3 attys. Also, I read of people having better luck with 3.7 volts. How does one use only 3.7v. I'd like to give that a try. Do I need a different battery and if so what battery do I need to buy. I don't need a huge throat hit, actually it's a little too sharp for me. I used to smoke lights. Can some one please help, I'd like this to work so badly. Am I doing something wrong. I'm sure that if this is fixed then it will last forever, I'll never buy another battery for $10 EVER...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread