Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
EAT MO' COW!

a6XXmJt.jpg
Thanx to sonicbomb fer pic. Caption mine...
The scariest thing about this is that it looks like it's reflection is a golden peach.

and just so you know I'm paying attention from the Front porch too...

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
What do ya'll think about CoQ10? Is it really any use? It's expensive!
I heard such great claims from people I know that I picked up a two month supply. I came away thinking it was only useful for lab rats.

Glad to hear that coffee in back in favor - again. I've heard that chocolate isn't anymore, but we all know not to believe everything we read.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Wow we had a storm here yesterday with wind gusts above 60mph. 2 deaths one complete stupidity. A 10 year old girl and her parents were letting her have her birthday party outside. This storm was completely predicted any way a tree limb fell on her and killed her. I think the parents should be charged with something. The wind was really bad and is kind of normal in October but not in August. Our power was out for 24hrs. About 300,000 people lost power. Lots of big trees here and 60mph causes havoc. We were all set in our motorhome just fired up the gennie dish worked fine have 100gal of water. They have well water here so no power no water. they ran some extension cords to watch the Seahawks though.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
-----> Just popping my head in to say "Hello". I've been reading, but haven't had much to say. We lost another mechanic to another base since we've "technically" been overstaffed for a while. My mouth always hangs for a few days when that happens. When you spend as much time with these folks as I do, they rather become like family. So, right now we stand at two mechanics, the lead mechanic, and me at night along with our five helicopters. Who would have thought I would moan at the quiet???

Hunker down you Florida folks. I was hoping Erica would just die out like Danny did. Yeah, I know she's not a hurricane, but she'll still dump a lot of rain. I don't wish it on anybody, and I certainly don't want to see it over here. I'm really NOT in the mood for a bug out. I'm really not in the mood for much of nothing these days. :unsure:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Well, the meat is done. Whew, so am I. When I am smoking meat like that I stay outside to watch the temp and also I just really don't like leaving a fire unattended. My daughter packed her lunch for tomorrow. Some poppers, boudin and brisket. Too bad I don't fix things she likes. lol Now for a game or two and going to bed. Good night my fine friends.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois

This is what I order for my dad. He takes 1 in the morning and 1 at night....CoQ10 60 mg Supplement - Swanson Health Products

I have read that if you take it and fish oil together, they are as effective as a prescription med. My dad hasn't had his cholesterol checked in a while, so I can't tell you how effective it is. :)

This article might interest you.... Natural Statins: How to Lower Cholesterol Levels » NNH #4 was something new to me.

Last edited:

sushigirl

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Podunk, Texas

I've been taking it for years and won't go without it. I've had Dishydrotic Eczema since I was a kid. Little blisters on my hands and feet that itched so bad I'd scratch the skin off in my sleep. It was so bad at times that I couldn't walk. I started taking CoQ10 about 20 years ago and it slowed the eczema for a couple of years and now it is completely gone! I had a small outbreak about 7 years ago and I just doubled my dosage. Every person I have gotten to take it has had vast improvements over their psoriasis. I take one, 100mg capsule once a day. I get it on Amazon, Doctor's Best, 120 capsules for $15.76. So, about $4 a month is totally worth it to me (if I'm doing my math right...coffee hasn't kicked in yet!). You can also get a good deal on it at Sam's Club. I think it also helps your body absorb other medications. Just be aware that it turns your urine a bright orange color for a few hours after taking it.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
This is what I order for my dad. He takes 1 in the morning and 1 at night....CoQ10 60 mg Supplement - Swanson Health Products

I have read that if you take it and fish oil together, they are as effective as a prescription med. My dad hasn't had his cholesterol checked in a while, so I can't tell you how effective it is. :)

This article might interest you.... Natural Statins: How to Lower Cholesterol Levels » NNH #4 was something new to me.
Fish oil just lost the nod in an official study. No benefit at all. :rolleyes: Morning all. Waiting on the real drugs to kick in. :thumbs:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I've been taking it for years and won't go without it. I've had Dishydrotic Eczema since I was a kid. Little blisters on my hands and feet that itched so bad I'd scratch the skin off in my sleep. It was so bad at times that I couldn't walk. I started taking CoQ10 about 20 years ago and it slowed the eczema for a couple of years and now it is completely gone! I had a small outbreak about 7 years ago and I just doubled my dosage. Every person I have gotten to take it has had vast improvements over their psoriasis. I take one, 100mg capsule once a day. I get it on Amazon, Doctor's Best, 120 capsules for $15.76. So, about $4 a month is totally worth it to me (if I'm doing my math right...coffee hasn't kicked in yet!). You can also get a good deal on it at Sam's Club. I think it also helps your body absorb other medications. Just be aware that it turns your urine a bright orange color for a few hours after taking it.

Interesting about the psoriasis. I passed the info onto a friend who has suffered with it for years. Not sure she knows about this but I had no idea CoQ10 would help with it.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Unfortunately, I found out that I can't play HD DVDs. I have DirecTV and the Genie HD DVR so I have GenieGo on my laptop. I can watch any movie I have recorded on my DVR.

SciFi, Westerns, Comedy I enjoy a wide range of movies. Today I watched the NASCAR race, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Book of Life and Quigley Down Under.

I ask my daughter how the poppers turned out. She loved them so I am happy. She was disappointed that I didn't get more peppers so she could put some cheese in a few. Next time I will have to pick up more than 14 peppers so she can have cheese stuffed peppers. I have to admit that the Boudin gave them a different kick. My DIL got this batch from DJ's Boudin in Beaumont, TX. I found them online and when I run out I will order more. DJ's Original Boudain they have decent prices, too.

Guardians is hilarious! I've watched it 3 times now, & I know I haven't caught all the retro references. It's on my dvr but is one of those I'll buy so that it's portable.
DJ's Boudain is good stuff. I wish I could vape that. Fewer calories!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Guardians is hilarious! I've watched it 3 times now, & I know I haven't caught all the retro references. It's on my dvr but is one of those I'll buy so that it's portable.
DJ's Boudain is good stuff. I wish I could vape that. Fewer calories!
Doree and I actually went to the theater to see. Guardians. Great movie. I've watched it a few times at home now too. Do you know that all the Marvell movies fit together in the same universe. After "Age of Ultron" the next movies will start to pull the story arks together.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I've got the security cameras completely installed and connected to the router. Now I just have to figure out how to talk to it remotely over the Internet. The instructions are pretty much worthless. All they pack with the system is a quick start guide and say the full manual is on the little 3 inch (?) CD they packed with it. Since I don't have anything that will read it I'm kind of lost. The website for the Chinese company that makes it is absolutely useless. The only download they have available is the guide they already packed in the kit. Also I've read several places that the provided CDs are hotbeds of virus and malware activity and you should be VERY careful when accessing them. Oh well, I will figure it out but, I sure could use a good internet/network guru right now. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread