Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Did anyone ever see the movie starring Russel Crowe about the tobacco companies? The man he portrayed was a big honcho for them, he blew the whistle on all the addictive chemicals that were in cigs, designed to get people hooked harder and faster. His life was threatened and his family also.
Never saw it, but would lik to. What movie is it?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
At the risk of scorn from the 'caffeinated connoisseurs', we use...
OT499635S.jpg

... with half the caffeine.
Lol! I love a dark roast coffee, so I use Folgers Black Silk. It tastes great to me!

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Her name in Real Life was Debbie .. she was kind to me, as so many others have been here .. we exchanged emails periodically .. she was a good Woman, proud of her Family .. proud of her work .. strong, independent .. her ECF Handle, my4jewels, represented her Family ..

Although she chose to not share her Journey as it began to approach the End, It is my Hope that her memory will live on with most of us .. I am hoping to be able to gather enough material for a Tribute video .. until then, I will leave you with an exchange we had almost exactly One Year Ago near Labor Day ..

I wrote to her : "I hope all is going as well as can be expected for you .. as Summer begins to draw to a close and another year will approach it's end, it seems time continues to accelerate .. there should be some mathematical theory that deals with "The Older You Get, the Faster Father Time Moves" ... remember when you were a child and things moved so much slower .. ?? Maybe it's just me ..

I thought about you this morning when my mind began to drift into sadness and thinking of your journey and attitude helped put things into a better perspective .. for what ever that's worth .."

Debbie wrote back :

"It's not just you. Time does seem to move faster as we get older, at least I think so. Funny that I should inspire you. Last night, my thoughts were also of summer coming to a close, and I found myself having a total meltdown, wondering if this was my last summer. If I allow myself to entertain those thoughts for more than a nanosecond, they take me over. My eyes are still puffy from crying. I gave myself 20 minutes to have a pity party, and then said, "That's it"! Today I am much better emotionally. Yep, it's all about perspective."

I am filled with sadness, knowing we have lost another Good One .. yet, at the same time, I feel Debbie would not want sadness, she would, instead, prefer we celebrate a Life Well Lived .. I used to kid her that she was the "Worlds Biggest Toby Keith Fan" .. so it only seems appropriate to put up this tune .. and I won't post a sad tune .. so Debbie, raise that margarita glass, a little salt on the rim, on the rocks, please ..

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My understanding is that Goodwill is for profit these days and if you can't buy it in the thrift shop you have to jump through hoops to get help from them. I haven't heard much good about then these days. We still take stuff to them but, more out of habit than anything else.
Around here, GW is the only charity that accepts mosts of my castoffs without giving me the third degree as to what I'm donating and what they will not take.
Their was a time when any charity was glad to get any donations.
As to non profit ????? I know what you mean. Profit is in everyones face these days.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
my name is don i'm jewels husband. i'm very very sorry to have to tell you that she passed away 6 months ago tomorrow. i'm sorry that i didn't let you know before now, i'm not very computer literate and this has just been so difficult for me. occasionally i will be checking in under her log in i'm also a vaper.

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you..

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I need to chuckle. . .

A little old lady is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,
Crissssssscoooo!'

Soon an assistant manager approaches and says, 'Mam, the Crisco is in aisle
3.'

The woman replies, 'Oh, I'm not looking for the cooking stuff. I'm calling
my husband. He's in here somewhere'
The clerk is astonished.

'Your husband's name is Crisco?'
The woman answers, 'Oh no, no, no. I only call him that when we're out in

public'

'I see,' said the clerk.
'What do you call him at
home?'

"Lard ayuss"

Sorry,
viannen_39.gif
I had to. . .

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
What the heck is that thing? Useless machine appears to be an apt description. More info please. Always interested in useless machines. Got a whole garage full off em. Lawnmower, weedwacker, rake, wheelbarrow, etc. :lol:
This one, as you saw from the demonstration is COMPLETELY useless!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
That's why I like the I30. Unscrew top. Fill. Replace top. Continue vaping. :) (Don't blink, you'll miss it)
I have my three mechs, and six Orchids. When three orchids are empty, usually in evening or morning, I check Ω and refill, at 5 ml each.

Today, with washing and seeding tomatoes all morning, my ml usage will be down. Chef said to refrain from vaping when a lot of work was about me, out of fear someone might detect an off flavor. I was NOT blowing clouds, but complied.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
my name is don i'm jewels husband. i'm very very sorry to have to tell you that she passed away 6 months ago tomorrow. i'm sorry that i didn't let you know before now, i'm not very computer literate and this has just been so difficult for me. occasionally i will be checking in under her log in i'm also a vaper.
Hello Don, Thank you for letting us know about Jewel. I know how hard it was for you as I had to do the same thing about 3 years ago when I lost my wife to her cancer. I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face just thinking of the pain you are feeling. The pain does not go away we just learn to live with it. My prayers are for you and your family. I'm sorry I didn't know Jewel, however, I have no doubt she touched many lives and will be missed. Drop me a message if I can ever help in any way.
Jerry

This one, as you saw from the demonstration is COMPLETELY useless!

I watched a few of the other videos after the original played. I would love to find the plans for some of them and try to duplicate them. I'm easily amused.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
The lil woman drinks decaf exclusively. To me itz like drinkin' hot water.

I made decaf in our drip coffee maker and you couldn't tell the difference. Decaf shouldn't mean weak coffee. If you want to cut out the caffeine though it's not a good idea to go cold turkey. A lot of people get awful headaches. You gotta just start substituting some of the regular with decaf and work your way to it. When we cut back I'd get a 2 lb can of regular and a 2 lb can of decaf and mix them. Now we just drink decaf. I read somewhere that the darker the roast the less caffeine it has in it. I have no idea if that's true though. I tend to like dark roasts better anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread