ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I don't believe I said it was a monarch......they were watching for monarchs......and this one is......?

I think that that's the real deal. I misunderstood. It is gorgeous photo however. I think it would look great blown up and hanging framed on my wall. I like nature photography and she has real talent.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
goodmorncoffee.JPG
Good morning, Gracie!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
It's going to be a travel day for us. Getting packed up. Should arrive home around midnight so it's going to be a long day. There's a meteor shower expected tonight in the early evening so I'm hoping to be able to see them from 35k ft. Always wondered what it would look like from an airplane!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
It's going to be a travel day for us. Getting packed up. Should arrive home around midnight so it's going to be a long day. There's a meteor shower expected tonight in the early evening so I'm hoping to be able to see them from 35k ft. Always wondered what it would look like from an airplane!
Have a great trip!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Keep the camera ready!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
safe travels!

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Hi! Does anyone know if the Draconids meteor shower will be visible near Aspen? I have been searching for information on what part of the country they will be visible. I hope to see it tonight!

I also love monarchs and could not believe they migrated to the mountains of Mexico every year. Now that would be something I would like to see in my lifetime. Beautiful picture!

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
WolfenstarK: I could not believe that chicken house pic with the cat and sleeping dog! Everything looks so calm and balanced and the chickens look very happy. That is truly the way all animals should be treated. The chickens get to BE chickens! If only that was the norm, but people are getting smarter about sustainable farming and walking away in disgust at frankenfarming. I just loved it and can't wait to share it with my husband!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
vape Suzette" data-source="post: 16669430" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Suzette said:
Hi! Does anyone know if the Draconids meteor shower will be visible near Aspen?

TA DA

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Once again Iffy comes through. I think I may have to go out on the deck and watch some meteors. We have pretty bad light pollution so I'm not assured of seeing much. Looks like our area is going to be clear of weather however. Wonder how many per hour we will get. Of course I'll have to set the alarm for prime viewing.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
The Draconids start early. They said we might have some rain here, but we have all of this evening and then tomorrow. I went to earthsky.org and was happy that we would not have to stay up all night long to view the sky. As soon as the sun is down, the dragon wakes up, and from year to year you never know when they might be brilliant. You are supposed to look up between the big and little dipper. We have had too much moonshine (glug, glug) for the Perseids and Leonids the past few years. We went up to the mountains to view the Perseids one August, and it was so cold up in the mountains we had to come back down in a hurry! No one told us that it was like winter way up there when it was in the 90s down in Boulder and Denver. I have my winter coat ready!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I piloted two RC quadcopter flights today. First time I've flown in a year and half due to discouragement from expensive lost-quadcopter flights, even though I still had a craft I could have flown during that time. (Well, I do have a super-tiny one, no bigger than a 50-cent piece, that I've flown indoors some.)

Anyway, the second picture is cropped from the first picture.
DJI_0003Shrunk.jpg
DJI_0003CroppedShrunk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread