Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
One thing did change for me today...I'm never gonna "face palm" again when I look at my 12 mods and 21 tanks.:D

haha, well said. I always give a face palm when I hear people stocking up for the vapepocalypse...but it turns out I've been doing it all along :)

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
In my previous post, on page 222 of the doc, the FDA has considered zero-nic e-liquid to be part of the scope. It's been a busy forum today, so reposting for reference:

"Also, as stated earlier, nicotine-free e-liquid that is intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the human consumption of tobacco products in most cases would be a component or part of a tobacco product and,therefore, within the scope of this rule. These products will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe the highlighted/bolded section is intended to stop exactly what you're talking about. In this case, the premade base (which would be zero-nic eliquid in essence) would be "inteded or reasonably expected to be used" for consumption of a tobacco product (the nicotine you add and shake).

Otherwise, zero-nic could NEVER be considered a tobacco product as it contains nothing that is made or derived from tobacco. There has to be some reason it was even included to begin with.

No, I'm not talking about 0 nic juice. I'm talking about a flavor vial that I use to make candles with. Seriously! ;-)

Think about it though: I really like Uncle Junk's Jon Wayne. I'd love to just buy that *flavoring* (premade flavor). How would that be any different than buying Vanilla flavoring? It's not vapable just as a flavor only......(I'm not talking about flavor already mixed with PG or VG - I'm talking about flavor only).

Why couldn't a shop sell proprietary *flavors*? And also sell plain PG, plain VG, and Nic Base that they (they shop owners) purchased from a manufacturer (a manufacturer that as presumably jumped through the hurdles)? Seems to me, if sold like that, shop owners wouldn't have to register/apply with FDA. Unless I am missing something...

Reactions: Empress Kitty

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Can you make a youtube video of how to make a simple mod. I think I am going to need it. Otherwise Ill be vaping over a pot of boiling water with nicotine in it.

There's a tutorial on the forum somewhere under the title nicostick. It was how I learned to make them. All you need is a plastic battery box designed to take two AA batteries and alter it with a 510 fitting on one end and mount a pushbutton. The wiring is super simple. Break one side with the switch and take the other side right to the 510 connector. They aren't the most durable but are cheap to make. I also made a couple from those cheap LED flashlights before. I think I used an 18500 for those. The double AA box will let you fit a 14500. I never got into the more complicated builds where you mount control boards and stuff but am sure I could do it if I needed to.

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Flavors are also used for baking as well as vaping. I would think that the companies that just sell flavorings should be ok in all of this as long as they don't advertise them as used for vaping.
    Exactly. What's to keep me from opening a candy supply store with all sorts of cool flavors? What do I know what people do with those flavors?

Reactions: Endor

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I find it sadly ironic that Great Britain seems to have taking a somewhat more enlightened approach to e-cigarettes than my own country.

The Founders pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to secure our unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. There is overwhelming evidence that e-cigarettes extend lives. They liberate us from combustible cigarettes. Using them is quite enjoyable and provides happiness without causing measurable harm to anyone. This has happened because entrepreneurs have had, until now, the liberty to innovate and sell these products without heavy handed and arbitrary government interference and we have had, until now, the liberty to choose those products which best fulfill our needs and desires.

Among the ways in which Great Britain interfered with the aforesaid unalienable rights was by erecting “a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.” We are seeing the modern equivalent perpetrated on us by the FDA with these deeming regulations.

As they have done so often before, Clive Bates, Carl Phillips, Bill Godshall, et al., will compose well written, cogent, well documented, and highly detailed explanations demonstrating why this set of regulations may well be the most harmful, ill-advised, and needlessly intrusive action of any regulatory agency in US government history. Thousands will sign and submit petitions. Yet the FDA will not pay the slightest heed. Does this sound familiar? “In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. * * * We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity. * * * They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and consanguinity.”

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    It seems like the real problem with all of this is the 'hobby' aspect for us. Ecigs aren't going anywhere and ejuice is so easy to make...let's face it, we should all just figure out how to anyway for our wallets.

But the hobby part- buying every new device with slight improvements, waiting for vapemail weekly...may come to an end with this; or be stupid expensive. It's a total bummer if it happens, but I think we need to focus on what we're fighting for here. At least this is my read of this so far, maybe I'm not grasping it all though.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    In The Plex
    kb.lime-it.us
    Dudes and dudettes, just do your thing.
    Vape, or don't vape. But do yourself a solid, steer clear from analogs.
    No matter, just no matter should you for any reason go back. If you do, the 'killers by proxy' win. So save yourself, and allow the reaper to reap the rewards it has betrayed itself with.

I say killers by proxy for one simple reason and only one. {Anything; anyone} which does NOT facilitate and or expedite human beings away from sucking the known and proven carcinogens through a tampon, are in fact of my opinion, death dealers.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    I firmly believe that vaping has extended my life by many years. I used to inhale 5-7 big fat cigars a day. Thanks to vaping I havent had a puff 3.5 years.

I have personally signed every petition, made phone calls to politicians, and engaged every worthwhile pro-vaping effort I have seen. And I will continue to do so.

However, we could see this coming, so I have learned how to make my own mods, attys, and DIY ejuice. I know how to get nicotine from offshore if need be. I will NOT go back to smoking!!!

Realistically though, I dont see how they can stop the hardware, even though it is in the regs. Look at just about any major city, and especially college towns, did they stop the hardware for that other substance? You can still buy a "water pipe" (....) just about anywhere. Like they did with that substance, manufacturers will just relabel the intended use of our products to read something like "for Aromatherapy use only". The only thing they can "effectively" regulate is nicotine, and this is where they put a dent in vaping.

Dont give up! Fight them at every opportunity.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    The consumer will pay for this. Not the juice makers. Just like cigarettes and booze. People are still going to vape; no matter how much it cost. Again, just like with cigs and booze. When the gov't raises or ads an additional tax. The cig and beverage makers just tack the cost on top of the profit. They don't even feel a sting.

I suspect we will see the same thing with this.

It's ... bull....!
    There will only be 2 juice makers, lol.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Sad day for sure, but I didn't really expect anything different from big government.

Thank you!
    Your message for "Petition Your Legislator NOW to Support HR 2058! (Updated)" was sent on 05/05/2016 14:37 PM to the following recipients: President Barack Obama (D), Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK), Sen. James Lankford (R-OK), Rep. Steve Russell (R-OK)

Please take action and contact your representatives today:

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
    Feb 4, 2015
    St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    It seems like the real problem with all of this is the 'hobby' aspect for us. Ecigs aren't going anywhere and ejuice is so easy to make...let's face it, we should all just figure out how to anyway for our wallets.

But the hobby part- buying every new device with slight improvements, waiting for vapemail weekly...may come to an end with this; or be stupid expensive. It's a total bummer if it happens, but I think we need to focus on what we're fighting for here. At least this is my read of this so far, maybe I'm not grasping it all though.
    I agree, but disagree.
    This much more than not being able to get your favorite juice...that's because you won't have a vape shop to get it in.
    Juice is the bread and butter of a vape shop. Sure they make a good dollar on equipment, but at the end of the day, the juice is what keeps vape shops open. No one is going to go to a shop that has juice made by RJ Reynolds and so on...Stores will close, people will be out of work by the thousands and by the sheer inconvenience of trying to get an 'approved' device and juice, you will be paying as much, if not more, than a pack of cigarettes. So, by comparison, people will see cigarettes as a cheaper alternative.
    Ok, DIY'ers might be okay for juice, but what about pre-made coils for your tanks? Say goodbye...no shop to get them in and can't get them in from FastTech without paying tobacco taxes.
    RDA users, like myself, will find it difficult to get the rebuilding supplies we need. It could extend to wire and perhaps cotton itself if it's marketed for vaping, such as Cotton Bacon or Vapers' Choice.
    This is just bad, bad, bad and a VERY sad day for vapers everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread