Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I don't want to sound dramatic, but the thought has crossed my mind. I have so much other crap going on in my life that just getting a pack of Salems looks inviting. Ecigs are much healthier, but I don't have any family left, so it's not really an issue.
You are part of this family, the ECF family! You are the quirky, creative, smart, fun cousin.
black-and-white-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

But, I do understand and I've wondered how much a pack of Newport goes for now. But, then again, I smoked lights, which are no longer lights and they are targeting menthol as well. Health gains aside, I refuse to give them another penny of my money.

They will NOT defeat me!

(I'm good atm, but I know the outrage and disgust will return)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Then there's the "Professional Vaper" license - for that, you have to take a class, and pass a coil-building test.

Then I guess I'll have to put down corrective lenses because I can't do those coils and wick them without my reading glasses.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
But, I do understand and I've wondered how much a pack of Newport goes for now. But, then again, I smoked lights, which are no longer lights and they are targeting menthol as well. Health gains aside, I refuse to give them another penny of my money.

Around me it's now $11 for a pack of Marlboro lights Gold, although at the fancier newsstand in the train station (captive market) they get away with $14.50. Gotta love NY State taxes.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Ok, the reason I ask is, non proprietary connection could be a big problem for them. I'm still a little unclear on how it works, but there's the bit about making sure that your component is safe to use with any other component it could be used with.
That would be just crazy to anticipate every possible after market use of your product, and account for it's safety !

I'm really curious to see njoy's course of action. I can imagine them in meetings with their Wall Street backers as we speak.

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I don't want to sound dramatic, but the thought has crossed my mind. I have so much other crap going on in my life that just getting a pack of Salems looks inviting. Ecigs are much healthier, but I don't have any family left, so it's not really an issue.

Stay Strong! Please :)

This is what works for me. Sometimes I'm just drained. Hours and hours on ECF and my web site research till I want to scream. My batteries are empty. I unplug from the WWW and hit the streets to talk to folks face to face. It's not only cathartic but provides me with an opportunity to recharge. Works every time. Just yesterday and I will make this brief, a young lady with a COPD history was crying in the shop. She had heard a lot about the Deeming and most of it was inaccurate. Can I help you I asked. An hour later she had lost her doom and gloom and early death thoughts in some respects. She has my sites phone number and can call anytime. One life at a time. That's my goal. I left recharged and happy that I could help one life.

Stay Strong! Fight! Stock Up!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
That would be just crazy to anticipate every possible after market use of your product, and account for it's safety !

I'm really curious to see Njoy's course of action. I can imagine them in meetings with their Wall Street backers as we speak.
It might be enough to show that your tank/liquid combo can handle the range of voltage, say 3v-5v without going dry hit. Who really knows?

Reactions: MacTechVpr

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
The Misplaced ill will of a Reprogrammed mentality Brought on through Decades of indoctrination into a Cult like belief that a Look is an Act.

Looks like some Future thinking Groups are already preparing to Jump ship for Greener Financial Pastures.
American Lung Association Joining With CVS in Promoting Lung Cancer awareness with no mention of Smoking Risk................Hmmm........

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: American Lung Association and CVS Health Campaign Downplays the Importance of Smoking in Preventing Lung Cancer

Well...it looks like CVS is now on the list of places that will not get any more of my money.

NOT ANOTHER DIME !

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Well...it looks like CVS is now on the list of places that will not get any more of my money.

NOT ANOTHER DIME !
They hit that list for me awhile ago when they came out very anti vaping and pulled vapor products from their shelves when they pulled cigarettes.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
It might be enough to show that your tank/liquid combo can handle the range of voltage, say 3v-5v without going dry hit. Who really knows?
Yeah that's the craziest part. No standards of safety defined. In essence they are saying " prove to us this product is safe in not only it's intended, but remotely possible uses and implementations, and we'll let you know if your 'standard of proof' is good enough at our own discretion, within a year hopefully. If we haven't gotten to it in a year, too bad, get the product off the market until we decide !! "

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

NOT ANOTHER DIME !
:thumb:

* .......and I hope people do not misunderstand:

I Fully Support any Non-Profit Health Group in their Effort to Save Lives......So long as they do not Practice Lies and/or Deception in their mission or Attempt Fundraising
merely for Funding paid Staffing.:glare:
To many Dollars go to the wrong places as is.:facepalm:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not sure if this has been posted yet? Senator Ron Johnson and Vapin Vicki, she did a pretty good job.
Keep Vapin', Vicki

Hey that's kinda a Cool Concept.

A Public Dialog about e-Cigarettes with those in Government.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
That was a good listen
Ohhhh...............Love it, love it love it...............Looks so Good on my Facebook page!!!

:D

Note, for those that do not Facebook..................... Neither do I, with exception of Our Industry and its future!!!:thumb:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Then I guess I'll have to put down corrective lenses because I can't do those coils and wick them without my reading glasses.

...which would make your reading glasses a tobacco product ...

So better start scrimping for that PMTA fee ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I wonder what, if anything, they will say back.

*crickets* :tumble:

I'm happy with the flavors I have. I haven't had, or wanted, a cigarette in almost 4 years. But honestly I wonder if I'm not the only one having trouble dealing with this. A big button for me emotionally is trying to do everything right, everything you can think of, and still getting punished.

you are not alone in the having a hard time dealing with this mess. I have cried a few times out of rage, frustration, sadness. :cry:

I too have thought about a cigarette. I am stronger than they are though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread