Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Yeah, they responded to the comments all right.
By taking what we said and using it to screw us even harder.

I find this one of the more troubling things. I honestly believed at least a shred of common sense would prevail. Especially with hardware. I was clearly too optimistic. The comment period was a ruse. Basically useless for proponents. Not a single one of our voices were individually or collective heard. It was the worst possible beat down and this is just the "initial framework". Unless common sense with the authority to beat down the FDA comes along and saves us, things will likely only get worse.

I feel violated and in need of a shower every time I think about it.

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
Caddo Mills, TX
It's not a republican or democrat issue. It's a progressive nanny state issue. I don't come here to talk politics so this is as far as I'll go, but know that both parties are rife with corruption and progressivism. Small government is the only true answer to the problems we're seeing. Hugs to all of you. We will get through this together.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I know we've got some before-and-after X-rays floating around here.
Although they are from a different poster and I wouldn't know how to find them.

As for me...
  • When I was smoking I could hold my breath for around 30 seconds
  • After 12 months of vaping I could hold my breath for around 90 seconds
  • After 17 months of vaping I took a Pulmonary Function test and came out slightly better than average for my age, weight, and height
  • After 30 months of vaping I could hold my breath for around 110 seconds
I don't have any X-rays though.
:(
If your'e looking for the FDA to acknowledge your improved health, don't hold your breath.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Especially if FDA people are reading.

Oh, I'm sure they've got some low level stooges monitoring our forum. Let me address them:

Hey FDA, suck my... mod! You deserve to be tarred, feathered, and run out of DC for what you're trying to do to the American people! Sic semper tyrannis, you SOB's!!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
So the opponents have shown their hand.

And I agree with many posts - it IS war.

Why ? Easy. Recently published report of the Royal College of Physicians lays it out.
Check the graphs on page 111 ( Fig. 7.1 ), page 116 ( Fig. 7.9 ) and page 126 ( Fig. 8.1 ). Then read Section 9.5 or - if in a hurry - the summary of it ( Section 9.6 )

FDA's deeming regulation raises the hoop to a point where only those with VERY fat wallets have a chance of hopping through. And 9.6 of the RCP paper makes it clear. BT and BP are the organ grinders and the FDA is the little monkey in a bellhop outfit dancing to their tune...

As an opponent they are as despicable as they are formidable.

In favour of the hallowed quarterly reports, they have no qualms whatsoever raising the hoop to a point where many many people fall short. Cuz' whoever is able and willing to fork over some major dough for PMTA, is going to recover that from the future consumers. By thus effectively denying access to less unhealthy alternatives, they are consigning thousands of people to an premature, avoidable death. Don't even know what to call that :
Slo-mo genocide by gross negligence ?

They fighting for profits and power.

You - we - are fighting for a healthier and very possibly longer life.
If that ain't worth fighting for, then I don't know what is.

And an opponent who doesn't care a jot whether you live or die - never mind the Marquis of Queensberry's rules.
Plunk a horshoe in your boxing gloves. Or two.

Two.

Two years.

Stock up. Vape sales turned from a trickle to a torrent. Make the sales figures detonate.
The more money accumulates on 'our' side, the more interest will be generated in the suppliers to keep THEIR share of the pie too.

Means also to give the BT-vape produtcs a wide berth. No point in giving them $$$ to use against me 'cuz Sec. 9.6 makes it pretty clear that BT doesn't appear to be very interested in innovative vape products. With all these millions sunk into R&D ( their claim, no mine), I still don't see any regulated 3rd generation box mod coming out of that corner. Should tell you something...

Showing their hand hopefully served as wake-up call for a good number of mom 'n pop stores and 'don't-bother-me' vapers.

Time to close ranks...

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
It's a nanny state issue. And nothing is going to change unless you get real change at the top. Which won't happen with any of the viable candidates now. Customization of devices will go away, and the ones left will be closed, basic, standardized. And they will be largely sold to the masses by Philip Morris or RJR because the b&m shops won't be able to afford getting approval for their indgredients for juice, plus approval of every single component of customized device to prove "safety". The tobacco companies won big.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
But states can ban online sales, even though the Feds can't, right?
Well, they certainly seem to think they can.

I'm not sure if that would fly from a legal perspective though.
Insert something about interstate commerce here.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Reposting because I left out a big chunk of history...

Big Pharma said stop those damn electronic cigarettes. They enlisted their minions (ALA, CTFK, AHA, ACS, ALF, etc.) to pester the FDA and start a movement to demonize electronic cigarettes. After a few years Big Government started noticing they were losing money. Everyone sat down to figure out what they were gonna do. Big Tobacco was invited to the table, and told that the plan was to destroy the effective products, and hand the crumbs that were left over to them.

The result is what you see now.
Big Tobacco will offer closed-system tamper-proof useless cigalikes.

But originally, Big Tobacco was never even at the table. The FDA was supposed to shut down our silly little upstart venture (vaping) by declaring us to be pharmaceutical (drug) device users. But then in stepped Judge Leon who shot the FDA down with his Judicial Machine Gun. Everything we see happening now is nothing more than a Plan B which was developed after the initial plan got smacked down.

The End

Where if at all has the end game of either Plan differed.
Were/are not the exact same results - Control the Money? o_O

Government is not concerned at all whether any one individual Lives or Dies only whether the money moves are best suited to their desires.

Why do people think they are referred to as:
The/Those Vapers - E-cigarette users
Those Gun owners
Those Right/left/conservatives

We are PEOPLE FIRST!!!!!! Real Living, Breathing Beings with Real Names and Real lives - and Government, FDA, CDC, etc. YOU are Destroying OUR Lives for YOUR Agenda.:grr:

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
I don't see how the local vape shops would ever be able to afford getting 1-2 juices approved through this would-be regulation, let alone dozens plus having to do the customization process. As a still-smoker, is it too late to get into vaping or should I even bother. How long do I have to take the plunge. I'm assuming this will be litigated for quite some time and stalled? Is there any hope.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Some of you are peeking real close at that line. The rules will be followed at all times.

I'm trying to Behave...........I swear.......but it does get difficult when emotions run so high.

My apologies if I have come close or offended anyone in my Anger over this matter.

Sadly I have no dog(personally) in this hunt, but my heart breaks for the millions that do. :(

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Amen. I am 55 and have seen such a change, I can't even imagine the change perceived by adding 20 years perspective.
Like back to when not just anybody was allowed to use just any public drinking fountain anywhere in the USA.?

Today, Americans have a combination of less and more freedoms.

Reactions: ColoKaren

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I see that they are recommending the Cole-Bishop amendment rather than HR 2058. Is there a link to urge our representatives to support the amendment?

Link was to the taste your juice posting of the Vapor Technology Association's official initial reaction the the FDA regulations.

Haven't seen a link from CASAA but the Appropriations goes to the full House next - so people can do as I have - contact their Representative to pass the Appropriations Bill; and contact the Senate Appropriations committee, who will get it next:

House Appropriations 4-19-16 - Cole Bishop HR2058

.. then the full Senate.

It's worth posting the 'taste your juice' blurb - although I'm not certain that HR 2058 is 'dead' yet but:

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/archives/12809

Page 3 "Where do we go from here?"

It says Cole "has endorsed the new approach" - his amendment on the Appropriations Bill.

I haven't seen that but there's this:
Cole Responds to FDA Expanding Regulatory Authority on Tobacco Products

Users who are viewing this thread