Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
It's going to be interesting seeing how some of this stuff plays out in the real world in a few years. Folks who are talented and like to make things will continue to do so, but how will they sell them?

We will. We started out on this forum on trust - big time. Buying mods from members, like mods made out of flashlights and battery cases, juice from China, members who sold some mixed flavors who's idea of clean was washed hands and we trusted them because they were us. We all really liked these guys and girls, and this whole vaping thing would have never come about without trust. There will be talented folks who will continue to sell their creations by charging you for the shipping box and giving you the item for free, LOL.

This will not be the end. We are at a disadvantage because our Government , who has more clout than us, is using corruption, cheating, lies, spreading rumors , and relying on the fact that people do trust the FDA because they don't know how to not trust them.

Where are all the people like Aaron Brieburt (sp)? There are not many like him to stand up for people who are being honest and quit smoking when everything else has failed, and now face the future being squashed with corruption and cheaters in the FDA . With the public, I think there is a pecking order in life and we vapers are messing it up. With BT, we have actually pulled the throne out from under them. Now they call themselves harm reducers with vaping tobacco. They are trying to squash us with corruption and lying and cheating while they peddle their rendition of "vaping". I personally hope they make them expensive because our vaping products are not. If money talks , vaping makes more sense.

I think so far it's played out splendidly without FDA and BT interference. We have scared the pants off them. Now they're like a rabid dog. In the past 9 years, look how far vaping has come. Not by little steps but by millions. 40 millions.

We Know we are not going to roll over and go away. Other countries may end up helping us.

I've had too much wine and I'm going to bed. Nite

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I don't mind requiring e-liguids being tested BUT they should let the manufactures use a third party testing center do it. Testing isn't that expensive, plenty of companies do it already! The industry should be regulated fairly; require warning labels, require child proof caps and require big bold warnings on devices and batteries about safety. All this in-expensive and doesn't require a 1,000 man hours to do. FDA is treating vaping like the FAA treats airline companies, but the FAA regs are justified.

Yes! I would like the FDA to be protecting me honestly, and proud of smokers quitting tobacco. But that's not happening.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
It's going to be interesting seeing how some of this stuff plays out in the real world in a few years. Folks who are talented and like to make things will continue to do so, but how will they sell them?
Simple, Vaping is going underground. Everything to make Mod's and juice is readily available off the shelf, except for nicotine. Store your nic in the freezer and give those Big Pharma puppets the FDA the middle finger.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
"All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying."

— Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X

I think I will copy this out for my collection.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Where is the Government that says "this sounds good. Let's do some testing and pass some regulations that protect everyone. This may be a very big contribution to the health of all our citizens". Or how bout "We need to write some guidelines. We'd like Vaping organizations to help us bring up points that need to be addressed. We can trial this now with some regulation".

Where are these Government people? Where are these unbiased decision makers that sincerely want to reduce harm?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Simple, Vaping is going underground. Everything to make Mod's and juice is readily available off the shelf, except for nicotine. Store your nic in the freezer and give those Big Pharma puppets the FDA the middle finger.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Already done that part lol. Yup, vaping will go under the radar and continue unabated for those of us who prepared. I wish it will remain unfettered for those still smokers who haven't yet found the path away from combustible tobacco.

Ales Simunic

Aug 23, 2016
Where is the Government that says "this sounds good. Let's do some testing and pass some regulations that protect everyone. This may be a very big contribution to the health of all our citizens". Or how bout "We need to write some guidelines. We'd like Vaping organizations to help us bring up points that need to be addressed. We can trial this now with some regulation".

Where are these Government people? Where are these unbiased decision makers that sincerely want to reduce harm?
The government does not care about this. The only thing they care about is how to collect more money. Other things does not concern them.

I'm not from USA, but from a small EU country Slovenia. In our country the only regulation that was put in effect is the new tax on ejuices. The first proposal was to tax it as high as 1 euro (1.1 $) per 1 ml of ejuice. That would mean that a 10 ml bottle that costs 5 euro, would the cost 15 euro. They came up with this calculation because the local agency for health made a study and determined that there is the same amount of nicotin in 3 ml of juice as there is in a pack of cigs (and that should apply to all ejuices, they did not even bother to check that not all ejuices have the same amount of nicotin in them. Some study. So they just tried to collect the same amount of tax. Beyond belief. They don't care for health, don't care for childeren, they just want more money.

Luckily one of our ministers in the government (responsible go legislation) is a vaper and convinced them that this is idiotic and that things can not be compared so linear. They then passed the law and now collect 1.5$ per 10 ml bottle of ejuice. And for now everything is quiet after that.

I write this to show how ignorant and not even ready to educate them selves the so called experts are.

It has always been about the money and it always will be.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I don't mind requiring e-liguids being tested BUT they should let the manufactures use a third party testing center do it. Testing isn't that expensive, plenty of companies do it already! The industry should be regulated fairly; require warning labels, require child proof caps and require big bold warnings on devices and batteries about safety. All this in-expensive and doesn't require a 1,000 man hours to do. FDA is treating vaping like the FAA treats airline companies, but the FAA regs are justified.
As long as the testing insures that the product contains USP grade PG/VG,nicotine and,
GRAS flavorings, I would be ok with it. However e-liquid by definition is supposed to be
using these ingredients and to be USP or GRAS all the required testing is done by the
manufacturers of these ingredients in order for them to sell them as USP grade or
GRAS.

This begs the question. What are we testing for?
:2c:
Regards
Mike

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
No idea, Mike. PG and VG- usp grade have been used for medical inhalation therapy for years. Food flavoring-for years. Nicotine-for years. I don't understand it either that testing has to be done on already tested items. Oh yea, $750k and time to benefit others.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
The government does not care about this. The only thing they care about is how to collect more money. Other things does not concern them.

I'm not from USA, but from a small EU country Slovenia. In our country the only regulation that was put in effect is the new tax on ejuices. The first proposal was to tax it as high as 1 euro (1.1 $) per 1 ml of ejuice. That would mean that a 10 ml bottle that costs 5 euro, would the cost 15 euro. They came up with this calculation because the local agency for health made a study and determined that there is the same amount of nicotin in 3 ml of juice as there is in a pack of cigs (and that should apply to all ejuices, they did not even bother to check that not all ejuices have the same amount of nicotin in them. Some study. So they just tried to collect the same amount of tax. Beyond belief. They don't care for health, don't care for childeren, they just want more money.

Luckily one of our ministers in the government (responsible go legislation) is a vaper and convinced them that this is idiotic and that things can not be compared so linear. They then passed the law and now collect 1.5$ per 10 ml bottle of ejuice. And for now everything is quiet after that.

I write this to show how ignorant and not even ready to educate them selves the so called experts are.

It has always been about the money and it always will be.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I believe the same pattern will happen here with the FDA deeming regulations and the PA tax as well some other states. At first, they come out with ridiculous regulations and taxes, people voice, they review and "softens up". Everyone shuts up. Just as planned strategically.
Politically correct, is it not?

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
As long as the testing insures that the product contains USP grade PG/VG,nicotine and,
GRAS flavorings, I would be ok with it. However e-liquid by definition is supposed to be
using these ingredients and to be USP or GRAS all the required testing is done by the
manufacturers of these ingredients in order for them to sell them as USP grade or
GRAS.

This begs the question. What are we testing for?
:2c:
Regards
Mike
Diacetyl I suppose, testing isn't needed but my whole point is testing isn't expensive, the FDA is! Americans love regulation so it's going to happen, I work in the food industry the regulations are extremely strict and guess what? People love it! People don't realize that BT and BP are in bed with the government, I don't trust our government, I don't trust any of the politicians at the White House. Our government has WAY too much power our founding fathers would be overthrowing the White House.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
njoy ceo interviewed by PBusardo in 2014, seems then a company going places, i guess not.

One thing to keep in mind; you can declare bankruptcy and still keep on trucking. Plenty of companies do it. Who knows why Njoy is in debt that's something only they're board and ceo knows.

Users who are viewing this thread